RDWC issues, coming to the experts

• Thread starter MIAquaFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I have to much id what this means?
If the math says it's too much then it's too much.

I run a 4 site current culture using a alita al-40 air pump that puts out 48 rpm and in my flower room I throttle that down

Edit: when I saw your post my first thought was too much air but the foaming explains some

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

If the math says it's too much then it's too much.

I run a 4 site current culture using a alita al-40 air pump that puts out 48 rpm and in my flower room I throttle that down

Edit: when I saw your post my first thought was too much air but the foaming explains some
When i run just the ap-100 wich is a touch more air than the alita al-100, there doesnt seem like theres enough air. I'll drop some pumps

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lets see some pictures of plants showing the new leaf growth. also, i agree with

@smokedareefer there is a bit to much foam in the rez​

Last edited:
MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

lets see some pictures of plants showing the new leaf growth. also, i agree with

@smokedareefer there is a bit to much foam in the rez​

I would post one but there isnt any new growth. Roots are growing but plants arnt growing at all

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Sooo, i got this issue all worked out and these things are banging out the roots now and growing up top healthy. BUT i have clones in my aero cloner rooting now that i started just incasr these issue plants wouldnt take off.

My question is should I still throw these new ones in the system instead since the old ones went througg so much stress or should i just leave the old ones in there now?

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Sooo, i got this issue all worked out and these things are banging out the roots now and growing up top healthy. BUT i have clones in my aero cloner rooting now that i started just incasr these issue plants wouldnt take off.

My question is should I still throw these new ones in the system instead since the old ones went througg so much stress or should i just leave the old ones in there now?
I don't see why you should throw it out if the problem is fixed. Weed plants are fairly hardy plants and can still produce good crop.

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

I don't see why you should throw it out if the problem is fixed. Weed plants are fairly hardy plants and can still produce good crop.
Thats pretty much what i was leaning too as well. I don't really think stress this early on would produce possible herms and i know for afact these strains and genetics are stable as can be so they have no hermi traits to them.

Reactions: PK1
MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

What did you do that fixed the problem?
Added a bennies tea and doused it on each plant every other day and also added Z7 by flying skull. These were the only 2 changes i made other than lowering light intensity a bit raised temps to 78 and lowered RH to 68/70%.

That z7 and bennies tea is how i will continue to run rdwc forever. This is the 2nd attempt i have made at sterile and this has happend both times now.

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

SO with persistance and help from u all and just going back to solid
bennies in the system with enzymes i was able to get these girls healthy as can be and flipped them 11 days ago. I have this system dialed in well enough now that i have only added ph down 1 time in the last 11 days and ph has swung from 5.8-6.1 photos below of a few days ago. They are getting lollipoped and striped on day 21 then another heavy defol on day 42.
Rt is 81°
Rh is 70-72%
Wt 68-70°
C02 1000ppm
PPFD 900-1000

Ty everyone!

Screenshot 20211230 190217 Wansview Cloud
123 11
123 1
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Nice work everyone who participated in this fix!

I just bought a new RDWC system, some nutes, and a new Spider Farmer light and tent, growing DWC for the first time very soon. Hoping to learn from the experts here at the Farm too!
I have cuts sitting in water right now that im going to root in an aero cloner this time instead of rockwool or root riot cubes. Me and rockwool simply dont get along, im terrible at oversaturating it lol but those plnts in the pics are in root riot cubes NOT rockwool

I am curious about the mechanics of the seedling/clone and how to get them in the net pots with the clay pebbles. I am assuming if sprouting from seed, it would need to be started in something like rockwool. Are there other starter medium besides rockwool? Is that what "root riot" cubes are? As far as clones go, I bought an aeroponic clone bucket so I can start making clones. Once these have established roots, so you just put them in the net pots and carefully put the clay pebbles around the clone roots and stem?

Thanks guys!

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Nice work everyone who participated in this fix!

I just bought a new RDWC system, some nutes, and a new Spider Farmer light and tent, growing DWC for the first time very soon. Hoping to learn from the experts here at the Farm too!

I am curious about the mechanics of the seedling/clone and how to get them in the net pots with the clay pebbles. I am assuming if sprouting from seed, it would need to be started in something like rockwool. Are there other starter medium besides rockwool? Is that what "root riot" cubes are? As far as clones go, I bought an aeroponic clone bucket so I can start making clones. Once these have established roots, so you just put them in the net pots and carefully put the clay pebbles around the clone roots and stem?

Thanks guys!
If growing from seed i highly suggest root riot cubes or even better floraflex 50/50 plugs. Rockwool is great but if not done exactlynright while transferring to the rdwc system they become a pain in the ass and create stem rot fast. Just grow seeds in floraflex plugs till they are rdy for transfer, then pop them into the rdwc system netpots with 1inch os pebbles orngrow stones on the bottom then fill the rest of the cup with stones.

From an aero cloner i just transfer straight from cloner into a netpot with the foam collar as the support and light blocker. This method works absolutly the best.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

If growing from seed i highly suggest root riot cubes or even better floraflex 50/50 plugs. Rockwool is great but if not done exactlynright while transferring to the rdwc system they become a pain in the ass and create stem rot fast. Just grow seeds in floraflex plugs till they are rdy for transfer, then pop them into the rdwc system netpots with 1inch os pebbles orngrow stones on the bottom then fill the rest of the cup with stones.

From an aero cloner i just transfer straight from cloner into a netpot with the foam collar as the support and light blocker. This method works absolutly the best.
Thanks for this great info!

Top Bottom