• Tagged users None
A

alilderanged

Rdwc problems
Rdwc problems 2
Rdwc problems 3
Rdwc problems 4
Rdwc problems 5
Rdwc problems Rdwc problems 2 not sure whats happening house and garden nutes ph at 5.8 checked daily water 68

Natty McKush

Natty McKush

Nice tight set up. Aqua Flakes? Running the whole lineup? What are you using to adjust the PH? Looks like it could be acid burn from down....What about light leaks and algae? Last pic, back row sure is standing tall....nice

A

alilderanged

yea house and gardens has got a rdwc schedule schedule couple things you cant run in rdwc but had the same problem with gh also using ph down never thought of acid burn any suggestions on what to use for down if that might be the problem? thanks for the compliment on the setup took a long minute to get that going lol. thanks a ton for all the suggestions have tried about everything

A

alilderanged

no light leaks run zone in the systems also but had the same problem before i started running zone in there roots look nice and white bleach system and wipe everything down between grows googled and read so much shit trying to find out what i could be lol

Natty McKush

Natty McKush

Your welcome bro. Are you using the shooting powder? H&G I think tells you to adjust ph before you add the additives. When have to adjust down I really really mix it well. like I'm talking blended here and I dont get the burn anymore....I hate using it, and I have too in late flower feeding aggressively, brings mine up to mid 8's...You running RO?

A

alilderanged

Yea using the powder. Follow the directions to a t. Tried adding all then adjusting. It doesn't seem to change. Its weird cause was exactly the same thing when ran gh also. No matter what strain. Guy at hydro store threw out humidity but the ph down seems logical. To me. Honestly best answer I've heard. Whether that's it or not lol. Do use a lot of down. Ph drifts up abit everyday so its quite a bit plus whatever I use when I change the water every week. Running ro water also. Any suggestions on what I can use for down

ttystikk

ttystikk

@alilderanged It's not so much the kind of acid used, it's more about how much. If you're having trouble controlling high pH with the standard mixes of citric acid, that tells me you might have better luck using a strong acid. Mad Farmer's Get Down product has a strong acid in it. Use it just like normal- only sparingly!

@squiggly Would you have any insights into how this works and whether we're even barking up the right tree?

squiggly

squiggly

My guess is a faulty pH probe. Go get some test strips. Use a utensil to drip some of your res water on the test strip and see what the pH is. Compare that with the reading from your probe.

A

alilderanged

have 2 different ph meters and they read the same learned about the ph the hard way lol

A

alilderanged

a guy on another site threw co2 to the roots because my air pumps are in the room and i have co2 going?

Natty McKush

Natty McKush

Seems to me with two meters reading the same thing I'd trust what they say too. All I can tell you is what happened in my garden bro....My ladies stop having those similar spots when I mixed better...I try not to chase the PH thing to much. I'll let it go down to low 5's and over 7 before I do anything....I run CO2 also....lol It would help the roots...thats a good one....:)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Seems to me with two meters reading the same thing I'd trust what they say too. All I can tell you is what happened in my garden bro....My ladies stop having those similar spots when I mixed better...I try not to chase the PH thing to much. I'll let it go down to low 5's and over 7 before I do anything....I run CO2 also....lol It would help the roots...thats a good one....:)

Sound advice, all around. I recently had an episode where I started chasing the pH and stunted the shit out of my girls. Start a bit light on nutes and only add if they want it.

If two meters are calibrated with solution that's wrong, you'll have matching reasons... that are both wrong.

FWIW, when my leaves started looking like this I backed down the nute strength, rebalanced pH and they came right around.

A

alilderanged

i think the other fella from that forum was saying im pumpingco2 to my roots with the air pumps being in the same room lol gonna try madfarmer down i mean whatever it is it happens every time in there nutes or strain has no bearing

A

alilderanged

tried dropping the ppms literally didnt seem to make a difference got 4 and 7 calibration solution less than a month ago i dont reuse the solution or anything like that

ttystikk

ttystikk

tried dropping the ppms literally didnt seem to make a difference got 4 and 7 calibration solution less than a month ago i dont reuse the solution or anything like that

Have you dumped the nutes and mixed up a fresh batch? It took me twice doing that recently to solve my problem- which was of course caused by my dumb ass! I'm used to running my rh up around 65-70% and lately it's been in the 40% range, give or take five points. I didn't adjust for conditions and my shit straight fried.

Natty McKush

Natty McKush

70 % RH is pretty wet dude. Tropical, any mold issues ty? I bet your girls love it. Can I call ya Ty?
smiley-rolling-joint.gif

I get it on the pumps, mine are in my flower pad as well. Hit it with the Roots excel if ya want some crazy roots....I've done both with and with out and huge difference....I've been running co2 too long to remember a root difference there, might be a little something going on though...

If your running multi cuts off the same mom, then it's got to be something in common with both of the runs....especially if you switched nutes...

Either way they look almost done anyway, maybe like Ty suggested a good flush and rock on. How far along? What kind of lamps you running? Hows the heat? Do you vent at all? lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom