Rdwc Week Of Hell! Posted In 2 Forums & Nothing But Crickets... Anyone Out There?

• Thread starter intheuc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
intheuc

intheuc

I guess it was a field goal & TD in less than a minute lol...

Nonetheless, I will take pics now and upload them for you. This is my first sterile run but I've had the system for well over a year now and never had this issue.

I logged the progress because I was hesitant on ever switching to the current solutions nutrient line but ppm levels going into the system during this run were:
Week 1: 140
Week 2: 245
Week 3: 420
Week 4: 450

Give me about 10 minutes to get the photos for you. And thank you so much for your help.

Ps. I'm not a 'he' lol. This her first sterile run but not first run ever (although it feels that way this week). LoL

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I just went to check on whether or not I have dropped from a 5.5 and I'm at a 5.0. That's a 5 point drop in about 6 hours. I can't even imagine what the ph of the roots are that I'm still having these drops.
roots are unhealthy.. They are sick...
My suggestion is drop the temp to 77 and the rh to about 50 to 60 so they aint trying to transpire to quick.
Drop the ppm to 300. Your mix should be 2 ml of calmag, then add base till you get to 300..
(im thinking CC nutes is a part A and Part B?
if that is the case, you will have to guesstimate..
I get a gal of water and do a few calculations to you knew..
With mine cns17 its one part, and i know 1 ml is 50 ppm per gal
so i can do easy computations...
Simple is still best,,,

And I also say drop the sterile and feed beenies +life...
I also say drop CC Nutes and just go with cns17 nutrient line by botanicare.. I only change out my system once a month. I feed beenies once a week...

the main thing is we need to heal the roots..
Im not for sure what UC roots is but its been guessed its only bleach...
bleach will kill pythium.
beenies will kill it and provide extra N to the plant as well as help it uptake nutrients..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Nonetheless, I will take pics now and upload them for you. This is my first sterile run but I've had the system for well over a year now and never had this issue.

I logged the progress because I was hesitant on ever switching to the current solutions nutrient line but ppm levels going into the system during this run were:

Give me about 10 minutes to get the photos for you. And thank you so much for your help.

Ps. I'm not a 'he' lol. This her first sterile run but not first run ever (although it feels that way this week). LoL
Oh shit, Im flattered! Married lol? I never thought I could finf the perfect girl that would understand my hobby..
Im kidding of course, but thats awesome!!
Go girl power!!!

I think you raised your ppm just a little to quick.. You jumped to much between 2 and 3 imo..
Also the higher your temp and rh the more they will transpire which you want, but when you run them hard you have to lower the salt content of their drinking water... Cause as they pull up more water for cooling they will pull more salt up than the plant can consume. When that happens, they will droop.. at ph will drop quickly..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So you ran what nutrient line before CC? And did you use hydrogaurd or something?

intheuc

intheuc

Oh shit, Im flattered! Married lol? I never thought I could finf the perfect girl that would understand my hobby..
Im kidding of course, but thats awesome!!
Go girl power!!!

I think you raised your ppm just a little to quick.. You jumped to much between 2 and 3 imo..
Also the higher your temp and rh the more they will transpire which you want, but when you run them hard you have to lower the salt content of their drinking water... Cause as they pull up more water for cooling they will pull more salt up than the plant can consume. When that happens, they will droop.. at ph will drop quickly..

LoL... Don't worry about it, it happens all the time. Every time I have to meet anyone in this line of work, there's always a stutter and loss for words when they see a chic. My fiancée doesn't love my hobby and I think it balances things out because I already argue enough with my guy friends about what methods, tips, and tricks are best, I can't imagine the debates with someone I live with lol. Now I'm over here because I wanted to avoid a few 'I told you so' assholes & what you're saying makes perfect sense.

I took two side by side photos of the worst case (a total of 2-3 look like her) & the best case (a total 5-6 look like her), the rest fall in between.

Would you drain and refill at a lower ppm or flush with fresh RO water first?

IMG 5400
IMG 5403
IMG 5396
intheuc

intheuc

So you ran what nutrient line before CC? And did you use hydrogaurd or something?

AN, I didn't use hydroguard but I did use Orca and figured it was a good fit with Sensizym & Rhino Skin to keep Roots happy. I just got tired of playing mad scientist at a pretty high ticket considering I used to run 2 systems. So about 250 gallons of water & during changeouts, I just stared at my money draining away until I realized all that shit isn't necessary and I could dial in a simpler regimen (failing thus far lol).

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

LoL... Don't worry about it, it happens all the time. Every time I have to meet anyone in this line of work, there's always a stutter and loss for words when they see a chic. My fiancée doesn't love my hobby and I think it balances things out because I already argue enough with my guy friends about what methods, tips, and tricks are best, I can't imagine the debates with someone I live with lol. Now I'm over here because I wanted to avoid a few 'I told you so' assholes & what you're saying makes perfect sense.

I took two side by side photos of the worst case (a total of 2-3 look like her) & the best case (a total 5-6 look like her), the rest fall in between.

Well the roots look decent, so I would just drop the ppm of your mix..
Im gonna go look at my cc nutes.. Ive never used them but i got the grow a and b..

Also is it possible that your water temps at night have dipped under 60?
Do you have temp gauge for water temps in the system?
Any aquarium heaters in the system?
And do you got any cal mag in the system?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And as for flush, I never flush a system. When it the ph starts to fall, then change it out, with new..
But I never run straight ro in the system more than it takes to get it refilled, and running again..
I had to put 350 watts of aquarium heating in mine because it was dipping to far..

intheuc

intheuc

Well the roots look decent, so I would just drop the ppm of your mix..
Im gonna go look at my cc nutes.. Ive never used them but i got the grow a and b..

Also is it possible that your water temps at night have dipped under 60?
Do you have temp gauge for water temps in the system?
Any aquarium heaters in the system?
And do you got any cal mag in the system?

I have a chiller that keeps temps at 68 but no aquarium heating. Sensi alerts me if room temps fall out of what I have them programmed to (78 day & 68 night). I never thought water temps would drop below room temps but I could check water temps tonight just to see. I was running 1ml/gal Calmag (botanicare) and increased it to 2ml/gal by week 4. I planned on coming back down to 1ml/gal when I flipped to flower and eventually none at all (I suffer from Post Nitrogen Toxicity Stress Disorder from a while back). I will start the drain now since I'm at a ph of 5 smh. I'll get ppm to 300 and say a prayer.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have a chiller that keeps temps at 68 but no aquarium heating. Sensi alerts me if temps fall out of what I have them programmed to (78 day & 68 night). I could check them tonight just to see. I was running 1ml/gal Calmag (botanicare) and increased it to 2ml/gal by week 4. I planned on coming back down to 1ml/gal when I flipped to flower and eventually none at all (I suffer from Post Nitrogen Toxicity Stress Disorder from a while back). I will start the drain now since I'm at a ph of 5 smh. I'll get ppm to 300 and say a prayer.
and make sure to run that 2 ml of cal mag too then up to 300..
The sensi monitors water temps too?
or just air temps?

Ya I recommend you trying csn17 by botanicare.. Its so easy to use...
AND ITS CHEAP!
1 part mix so you can go longer between change outs,
saving tons on water..
just got to run low ppm.. Im at 475 ppm , 5th week of flower....
I rock this for a few another 10 days and change out to ripe.. and ride that out .... flush out the last 10 days..
I like going 70 days with all my girls..

intheuc

intheuc

And as for flush, I never flush a system. When it the ph starts to fall, then change it out, with new..
But I never run straight ro in the system more than it takes to get it refilled, and running again..
I had to put 350 watts of aquarium heating in mine because it was dipping to far..

Thanks again! You're a lifesaver. I'll update on how they look over the next few days and I'll look into the nutrients you're using in the UC. Sterile may not be for me afterall

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks again! You're a lifesaver. I'll update on how they look over the next few days and I'll look into the nutrients you're using in the UC. Sterile may not be for me afterall
For sure..
It will take a few days to revive..
Watch your new growth...
We see what they look like wed night..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And you prob should decide real quick weather you want to pursue sterile or go back to beenies... ...
I use +life but orca is supposed to be great stuff too...

intheuc

intheuc

and make sure to run that 2 ml of cal mag too then up to 300..
The sensi monitors water temps too?
or just air temps?

Ya I recommend you trying csn17 by botanicare.. Its so easy to use...
AND ITS CHEAP!
1 part mix so you can go longer between change outs,
saving tons on water..
just got to run low ppm.. Im at 475 ppm , 5th week of flower....
I rock this for a few another 10 days and change out to ripe.. and ride that out .... flush out the last 10 days..
I like going 70 days with all my girls..

I edited my post because i noticed that it sounded like I was trying to tell you Sensi monitored my water temps but you must've read it before I clarified lol. It would be nice if CC had features like that! PH, PPM/EC, and water level monitors too. I am going to look into it. I haven't given that one much thought but it seams like it's saving you from a lot of UC nightmares. I originally wanted to run GH this time around because I have seen some seriously great product from people using GH but I didn't. I had CC handy and figured I want to see what it's like to run sterile anyway.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I edited my post because i noticed that it sounded like I was trying to tell you Sensi monitored my water temps but you must've read it before I clarified lol. It would be nice if CC had features like that! PH, PPM/EC, and water level monitors too. I am going to look into it. I haven't given that one much thought but it seams like it's saving you from a lot of UC nightmares. I originally wanted to run GH this time around because I have seen some seriously great product from people using GH but I didn't. I had CC handy and figured I want to see what it's like to run sterile anyway.
GIRL!!!!!!
Lmao....
U need to go csn17 because it has one other benefit, the one that made me change from GH,
ITS CLEAR!!!!!!!
Doesnt stain the roots...
And you want clear..

20180112 193357
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ya I caught that on second reading..
Ya its very possible that they are running lower than 68, but how low is the question..
And also its prob been 7 to 14 days ago that it got colder than normal?
Did you have a real cold spell in the last 2 weeks.. poss made the concrete cool off...
Well keep an eye on them and just tag me when it grows its next node worth of leaves...

intheuc

intheuc

Ya I caught that on second reading..
Ya its very possible that they are running lower than 68, but how low is the question..
And also its prob been 7 to 14 days ago that it got colder than normal?
Did you have a real cold spell in the last 2 weeks.. poss made the concrete cool off...
Well keep an eye on them and just tag me when it grows its next node worth of leaves...

Now that is something I did not consider because it's been frigid here. Especially in the last 2 weeks. I'm definitely setting an alarm on my phone to check them all night

intheuc

intheuc

GIRL!!!!!!
Lmao....
U need to go csn17 because it has one other benefit, the one that made me change from GH,
ITS CLEAR!!!!!!!
Doesnt stain the roots...
And you want clear..

That looks great! I'm surprised it's clear, I never would've guessed that. I don't know much about it but I might stay up and do some reading after this change out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom