Re: Charles' Kush

• Thread starter Charles Xavier
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reeferman

I did not have a pure king line again until 2007 when I came back to canada I was given the pure king line and the queen from the guy who bred them who actually handed several lines to me in clone and seed .

I got busted and lost the males just after they were grown out , he was out of the country when he came home he replaced em all for christmas .
I know the history of the seeds back to the early days of there creation and no one can say what they are exactly they were all called "hash plants " and just numbered I called the pink kush "Pink kush" the guys never considered the plants kush because they stretched and the early kush were all stout although they certainly smell exactly like kush .

The seeds were from loads of imported Indica that came to BC in the late 70's several loads over several years J collected seeds from everything that was great these seeds were bred from those imported loads .
The BC kush was also from these loads of imported weed , Some really great hashes also came in all the time in those days feb of every year from 1975 -1980 regular loads came in always a little different no one knows exactly wear it was from .

That is vague but thats the history of much of the early 80's indica on vancouver Island .
Reef

B

British_Hempire

So the King, Queen and BC Kush were bred from seeds imported in the late 70s and they were just called Hashplants? I'm guessing they were called hashplants because they came from hash producing regions and were highly resinous cultivars bred for hash production in their native regions.

Feb of every year eh? The plants would have been harvested in September-December and given time to dry and be procesed into hash it makes sense that it would take a couple of months, I don't know how long it takes to sale a ship from the Indian subcontinent of a SE Asian port to the west coast of Canada but I'm guessing it will take a couple of weeks at least, so it all makes sense.

I have seen posts by Sam S at icmag where he said the Afghani genepool had been through all hell since 1979 and the Soviet invasion, he also said that the cultivars you could find back in the 70s were of a high quality that just isn't easy or perhaps even possible to find in Afghanistan these days due to the Soviets and the Taliban. The legendary status of the King and Queen and some other indicas from the same area and timeframe would indicate that he is correct, of course, I am sure some selection work was needed to find the best plants and breed hybrids that were consistent for that high quality, but you can't make something killer from shite so I am sure the lines they had to work with were of very high quality.

Reef, please treat us all to any pics of the old indicas you were talking about that you may have.

I'm now eagerly awaiting the release of anything you have that descends from those lines, the pure King sounds good, do you have pics of that?

R

Reeferman

Correction from J the Loads would be heading to BC in feb thats when his friend would go arrange it .
He would never say where but they suspected north india because of the hand rub but who knows where it was actually grown it would arrive at a point of sale back in those days no one was into genetics the question was will it grow in Canada ? the answer on all the loads was no .

I am too young to have have started this work bro (lol) we will just call him J started with the work , I just worked in rooms full of hash plant and the "boys" brought me a box of "hash plant" clones when they found out I was into breeding and some seeds I was asked to make some seeds that were used by the guys who J had done work for it took years to inherit the clones and seeds and lots of sucking up I just called a old cat to read this thread and I am quoting him the history of the Lines .

The strains were grown by the Kings crew in massive biker bucket gardens and it was exported to Mainly california .
Thats is why the speculation of the OG kush and chem history , when I took old timers to holland I BOUGHT og from a coffee sho handed it them they looked at it smelled it and said green king ! lol
At the 2006 high life high times guys thought that pink kush was just like a chem except the pk yields like a pig and the chem is light and stretchy ie the bag seed story .

I have not had access to my photo library in about 6 months or I would have already posted pics .
I have not had enough $ to fix my lap top .
I have posted hundreds of pics of the plants in question over many years .

~reef~

B

British_Hempire

Thanks reef, I would not be at all surprised if the whole Chemdog and Cali Kush thing is indeed an offshoot of the Canadian indicas. If the original lines are still around it sure makes all the Chemdog and og kush breeding work a bit irrelevant, better to work with the original parentals than try to reverse engineer from plants that have several hermie pollinations in their lineage, bagseeds of bagseeds.

Not the first time I've heard someone say Pink Kush was similar to Chemdog, some folks speculated Pink Kush was a Chemdog 91 hybrid, perhaps they share a parent?

Would be too funny if the much vaunted and hyped Chemdog turns out to be nothing more than bagseed from an old Canuck indica! lol

Maybe one day someone will do some genetic analyses and work out just what is what.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Good luck ever getting to the bottom of it all

B

British_Hempire

I don't want to get to the bottom of it, I don't think that much of chem or og kush anyways, I just enjoy learning about the history of cannabis. I really liked all the Pink Kush samples I've tried though, very tasty stuff, still not my cup of tea though, I'm not that into indicas.

J

John Ditchweed

this thread started off a bit rough but turned into a good read............ nice to know some more history....... now I am interigued by pink kush.... as much as BH dislikes kushes one he kinda like must be some dank

R

Reeferman

Charles X contacted me first of all the post that started discourse was a private message .
It is very difficult to constantly have folks claim to be the source of your work , I understand that Charles X was assuming a few things about the back ground of the "charles Kush" .

That being said I am glad that a few of my more harsh statements were removed I finally have the entire king and queen family line as my friend is no longer growing at the ripe old age of 71 he was the person who first sent boxes of hash plants to me and it took years for a meeting and more work to inherit the plants and seeds from him .
I multiplies seeds for him many years ago via a seed vendor and never even got to meet him so this story not only insulted me but also one of my mentors .
That being said Charles X has vindicated himself through explanation .
I regret being as directly charged with overwhelming negativity about this post however I have had claim after claim whispered behind my back from every Chochy I ever traded a seeds with .
In reality my seeds are the most knocked off in the world today add to that a claim very much like the great G13 story and you have a kinda pissed off Reef .
Wishing you all the best
Sincerely
~reef~

B

British_Hempire

I like DJ Short's Cocoa Kush too BTW, Elevator Man as a killer pheno that is very potent and tastes chocolatey.

Reef, I think a lot of people appreciate the way you are trying to be straight down the line with the info, I know I do, it's sad that the illegal nature of our beloved plant means the breeding histories are not recorded in the way they are in other branches of horticulture, yet another reason to pray for legalisation!

You mention G13, what's your take on that? I'm guessing you think the story Neville told about the University research is guff?

R

Reeferman

I buy the g13 story as much as I buy the NL 5 clone only BS its bs I know the person who sold him the seed lines for nl 1 through 5 maybe there were 6 I cant really remember but 1 thing for sure no clones were brought to holland of the NL family and sold to nevil .
This bizz if full of morons and half wits they all call themselves experts and will toil and boil over half truths that are no better than urban legend but urban legend fogged by memories filled with hazy pot filled heads and acid filled fairly tails of how great they remember weed that came from there vaults once was , how yours must have been stolen from them .
The other classic story is the one of the bitter water boy who wines in his grief that you did not pat him on the head enough or pad his pockets with gold bars and cabana girls to massage his weary feat .
The boy you let toss pollen who fashions himself the master mind of your creations who in his bitter dismay steals you blind and to justify tells twisted tales of misleading genetics.
I have seen it all washed up old writers of self published books filled with pictures of 70's dirt we who are so full of themselves they try to move into your home and try to have you wait on them with no invitation and flame when you suggest they should move on !
Coffee shop owners who would steal the gold teeth from the dead to make a buck and steal anything they can lay there greedy coke shaking hands on !
The classic is the internet rumors from folks who have never met you LOL or who met 1 or twice (lol) who are the Reef experts and I am not talking seeds ! LOL
This bizz has some real fun cats !
I could go on but 1 day it will be in a book
Reef

S

samara

One of the best threads I think I've read......I wish you would write a book Reef.

S

SnowCap

Thats very real of you Reef, I hate the fact you got shit on so much and ripped off left and right in the seed biz.

I don't know you but I enjoy following your work. I like that you enjoy sativas and cross landraces to make hybrids. The kind of breeding you do is what breeding should be not crossing whatever hot clone to another supposedly hot clone. That practice is way over done and I can't believe people still buy into it like crack heads.

So thanks for sharing your interesting stories, and your fine genetics. Your definately in love with cannabis and that shows when you want to share your genetics. If you were money motivated you wouldn't bother.

Take care and best vibes and karma.

SnowCap :afroweed:

W

WCC

One of the best threads I think I've read......I wish you would write a book Reef.

I've suggested the same thing to him many times .. I can't say I ever personally met anyone who's been , seen and accomplished as much as REEF in my lifetime lol.

B

British_Hempire

Damn reef, I need to read that book when ya write it!

need a co-author or proof reader, gimme a holler! lol

G

Goldenboy

cant wait 4 the book reef it will be a hell of a read.. :banana:

K

koopa troopa

reef, you think way too highly of yourself if you truly believe your seeds are the most knocked off. how many strains have you knocked off?

not siding with charles, but who would honestly spend the time to post fake info all day and respond to posts, pms, etc.?

T

Trillion

IMO shanti is probably the most knocked off, half of holland and spain are at it...

R

Reeferman

First of all shanti took over from nevil and half of what nevil used were from skunkman .
Another 30% were purchased lines like the NL family .Not to offend but one has to decide what came first the chicken or the egg and certainly skunkman is the most knocked off in the history of the bizz , Shanti has some really nice creations like the white family etc and is a top range breeder !
Most of the background genetics used were simply handed to him like the Pink kush king hash plant and queen were handed to me .
I could rattle off exactly what has been knocked off and by whom but I am not going to fuel the fire I will say that 3 coffee shops that also have seed companies have knocked off every damn thing they could get there hands on !
Some change names others do not my last trip to holland was a eye opener you just can not take these folks at there word they care about $ first and foremost .
If being filled in on the level that my clones are currently being knocked off in Europe has me thinking way too highly of myself so be it , how would you know my experience and the information that other breeders from amsterdam filled me in on while I was there , 3 companies all call the love potion #2 cut something different .
4 cups have been won with our cuts since I left holland .
The seeds being made are based on clones and being pollinated with ? to make seeds ?
The DNA boys helped me relize that 1 place was using everything of mine they had access to and sometimes call it 1 strains sometimes something different when they sell clones 1 thing for certain they never call it what it is .

First of all koopa troopa the Charles kush is in no way like king or queen I made it from duct seed crossed to a kodiak gold , named after my own name Charles .

The king and queen I can only say that I have no question about the oral history I have been given as so many related plants were around and still are , man there were 5 different hash plants at 1 point .
There are Green king cutting , purple king and pink kush all slightly different the queen was lost to me and was rare until J gave me the seed again in 07 I have spoke to Charles X at length in pm .
Had charles said that about the king or queen line it would have some question but the CHarles kush its just impossible man ! .
Koopa in saying what you are saying are you saying that I post false info all day respond to posts and pm's etc because I get a kick out of it ?
I get your hostility loud and clear maybe you hold your opinion in too high of regard ?
Cheers
~reef~

R

rottenjohn

reef, you think way too highly of yourself if you truly believe your seeds are the most knocked off. how many strains have you knocked off?

not siding with charles, but who would honestly spend the time to post fake info all day and respond to posts, pms, etc.?

maybe someone that isn't as well informed as they think they are on a subject.

G

Goldenboy

nothing but Appreciation reef your posts have serious knowledge kudos man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom