RE under the scope (for medi)

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

I still dont understand, what happens if you add a food source?? Im just saying cause even organics need something to come out of there "hibernation" so to speak. Remember Microb mans evaluation on some product that claimed to use Worm castings...out of the bottle everything was "dead", but after feeding with; i believe molasses, he got life....ALOT.

Just wondering.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I dont see why it matters if its alive or not, its a totally unnecessary expense, and a totally unimpressive product...

check the roots here with nothing but dynabloom, cal-mag, and h2o2...

I

ibTheMan

i use RA with Connie/ general hydro and i pull the plants out the buckets and see a big difference, lots of fresh new root hairs everywhere.
It cost alot but you use a very little.
Radah tat taddle, thats the end of this battle.

dextr0

dextr0

I dont see why it matters if its alive or not, its a totally unnecessary expense, and a totally unimpressive product...

check the roots here with nothing but dynabloom, cal-mag, and h2o2...

Thats 3 products to one product. Im just sayin. And to the best of my knowladge RE is the shit. Lots of farmers SWEAR by it....

Not that I have personal experience. I was just wondering.

squarepusher

squarepusher

It's humid/fulvic I swear, add 1 ml a gall like the RE and rattatat tat! That's were it's at!

I've heard alot of anecdotal reports that RE makes their roots very white, and also increases root growth significantly, I don't know if this can be attributed to simply humics.

click80

click80

I am not disputing anyone pro or con on this except within this context, I have had a lot of battles w/pythium, low DO, etc...I feel as though i have a good grasp on getting and keeping roots not just bleach white from H2O2, but waxy, hard, thick, white, and healthy. I always count health in the number of "feeders" and their count per inch (yes i am that ocd in my home journals).

RE was my favorite for a minute until i moved and have the room now to, over the past few months, do a lot of little tests...and I really do think that saying RE does no better than Humic/Fulvic is not correct in my experience, but that is limited compared to a lot of you guys/gals, and also to be fair aren't there a lot a variables here?

I would just hate to think that not only myself, but a lot of very smart, experienced soil and hydro people would have to be suffering from a "placebo" effect of wanting to see something (because they shucked out big bucks for a shiny bottle maybe?...lol) that they actually did not.

I think that homemade beneficials is going to be where i stop my search for the perfect root as I do not want to keep putting products in my res' that i do not know the content, I am completely honest with my patients and they with me. They do not like that uncertainty factor.

And also I think Rob would say his own grandma was a bennie if he could bottle her up and sell her for 77 buck/250ml...sorry but he is too slick for me....meh

I also think that that the product is kept under uncontrolled conditions, actually I am sure of it and that is what originally made me start loooking elsewhere. 92 degree day, hydro store delivery day, I know how hot the inside of Iveco's (delivery vehicle i witnessed)can get, this one had just made a 7-8 hour run from Denver down thru the shotgun and over wolf creek pass to Durango. It had to be over 125 degrees, at least...so maybe that could be why the mixed reviews?

If anyone can think of any type of lab test that could be performed, i know a lot of chem teachers, students and the lab buyer at a college in DGO and could maybe get some after hours stuff done...If you can tell me the test or reagent test? to use I would be more than happy to ask...i'm fairly certain I can get that accomplished, and if there is anything to be purchased, and as long as its reasonable, i will even foot the bill.

so there it is, find a test, i will do what i can.

i would really like to find out..now back to my fermenting buckets in my fermenting cave...its so funny, I have not only many more, but many better air pumps now for teaching myself this brewing stuff than i have ever had with my hydro...haha

M

MediMary

Hey DS or Sea, sorry to be a pain, I >need< to get me a scope :)

but if either of you by chance have sm90, could you culture up some aerobic bacteria if you have any beneficial bacteria products.

I have read over at the mag someone saying that it doesn't harm beneficial bacteria but takes out anaerobic bacteria.
either way its still my fav root zone product hands down.

If either of you could do the test, I was thinking brew up some microbes in half a gallon of water, then get a half gallon of water and add 2.5ml of sm90. mix in then take some samples.. Im not even sure if thats feasible>:giggle
I will be forever indebted to you.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

im too beat up after the accident to do anything but the normal work, but if you cant get anyone else to do it i will when im less broken. lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Accident...? Damn, ds!

So, I did what MIWay asked, put some RE in some water, gave it 24 and 48 hours. I also used control cups of water, just to be sure that what I saw, if I saw anything, wasn't whatever's flying around in the air.

I saw nothing alive or that looked as though it once may have been alive.

MM, what about facultative anaerobes? (Gotta shout out the thanks to leadsled for learning me that one.)

M

MIway

Thank you Sea!!!

I'm seriously bummed... just fuck... fuck H&G, fuckem good, fuckem dead.

M

Mmmmasonite

tHE FUNNY THING IS .......STUFF WORKS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ROOT PRODUCT PERIOD......WHY WOULD h&g'S BOOTH AT EVERY TRADE SHOW GET TOTALLY MOBBED WITH A LINE OUT THE DOOR FOR FREE ROOTS? .....h&g IS TAKIN OVER....YOU CAN'T STOP IT.....bUT i AM SURE THEY ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR FREE PUBLICITY.... GOOD OR BAD....wHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER ROOT STIMS?......OH.....CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAMES?......WHO MAKES EM?......eXACTLY........NO ONE CARES CAUSE THEY ARE INFERIOR.....I understand that you guys wanna know exactly what is in RE....but......just try a few drops in a cup of water with some freshly rooted clones and then a tray without....side by side.....the difference is amazing......isn't that enough proof? Who cares how it works as long as it works....Not tryin to argue or prove anyone wrong but...i mean......the stuff rocks......I am no scientist but the difference between clones with 2" roots and ones with 2' roots are obvious....I don't need a scope to see that:banana1sv6: check these pics.....Roots excel in a UC system...Proof in the puddin

http://i.invalid.com/cVXDR.jpg

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

SM90 is a systemic product and should not be used on a regular basis.

Also, you can duplicate the "magic" results of RE with just about any root product or anything containing IBA - NAA and Vitamin B-1 in a water soluble form......way cheaper!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
SM90 is a systemic product and should not be used on a regular basis.

Thats weird. Bottle has dosing for hydroponics. Dont think it would if you were only supposed to run it not on a regular basis.

"It can be applied as a foliar spray or directly in reservoirs with nutrient solutions."

"IN HYDROPONIC SYSTEMS:
Apply 2-3 ml of SM-90 to each gallon of nutrient solution on a weekly basis or whenever solutions are replaced.

strait from their website.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
tHE FUNNY THING IS .......STUFF WORKS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ROOT PRODUCT PERIOD......WHY WOULD h&g'S BOOTH AT EVERY TRADE SHOW GET TOTALLY MOBBED WITH A LINE OUT THE DOOR FOR FREE ROOTS? .....h&g IS TAKIN OVER....YOU CAN'T STOP IT.....bUT i AM SURE THEY ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR FREE PUBLICITY.... GOOD OR BAD....wHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER ROOT STIMS?......OH.....CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAMES?......WHO MAKES EM?......eXACTLY........NO ONE CARES CAUSE THEY ARE INFERIOR.....I understand that you guys wanna know exactly what is in RE....but......just try a few drops in a cup of water with some freshly rooted clones and then a tray without....side by side.....the difference is amazing......isn't that enough proof? Who cares how it works as long as it works....Not tryin to argue or prove anyone wrong but...i mean......the stuff rocks......I am no scientist but the difference between clones with 2" roots and ones with 2' roots are obvious....I don't need a scope to see that:banana1sv6: check these pics.....Roots excel in a UC system...Proof in the puddin

lmao

I had nicer roots in my UC w/o any root product

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

ROFL....I guess if there are a bunch of people in line, then it MUST be golden! And if the label says its ok, then it MUST be ok????????? Some people's responses are amazing!!!!!

Its clear that most people do not have a clue about what they are putting in the solution.......

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I only tell you this as it is a hazzard to your health....learn what a systemic is and why it is NOT to be used with certain type crops........do it for yourself if for no other reason.

And also try not to be so proud of your ignorance in the future....

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ignorance is bliss. Why dont you throw a link up instead of beating around the bush with your nanny nanny boo boo attitude. Dont jump to conclusions when all I did is post up info off their website instead of acting like I'm a weed "master" lol. Last time I checked canola oil and coriander oil prob arent to bad for me. Funny they say its non-toxic to humans, animals and plants. Post up some real info instead of your sarcastic opinions which are obviously worth dick. Must be from your "28 years of designing and using RDWC systems" huh? :mooning:rofl Sorry for the off-topic.

Anyways I never really knew if RE worked or not. Used it running the H&G line. My plants had roots and lots of em but they usually do. Scraped it. Wasn't worth it for me in the end. I liked the nutes and drip clean though. Cool pics desertsquirrel.

Top Bottom