Rebel OG

• Thread starter ohthatguy8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soopy

soopy

Do you have a fan blowing up to cool the bulb? Or is that an extraction tube above the bulb for cooling?

And how far from the bulb do you aim to keep the plants? Any other fans in there?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been seriously considering this for my next run since I saw your set-up. Oh and I've got to get some Ghash in my life too, thanks....lol

Respect....

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Do you have a fan blowing up to cool the bulb? Or is that an extraction tube above the bulb for cooling?

And how far from the bulb do you aim to keep the plants? Any other fans in there?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been seriously considering this for my next run since I saw your set-up. Oh and I've got to get some Ghash in my life too, thanks....lol

Respect....
Yes there is a fan below blowing up as well as an inline fan sucking air from above. In the pic above you can just see the 6" ducting above the light. I am thinking of switching tho. Flex ducting hurts your cfm with every bend. When I have time I want to change it to "rigid" ducting and not have it move up and down with the bulb. My room is 5'6" wide and 4 feet deep. The bulb is centered and I push the scrog frame roughly 8" from the walls. Some branches get within 12"of the bulb. Usually I don't have any problems with burn. Well as long as I water the plants lol.
The valley ghash is my favorite strain. I'll be harvesting some tonight and I can't wait to get some in my lungs!!!

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Nice grow man...
Thank you! Here she is at day 30

Junk

Junk

Took a clone at day 35 ish. Of flower. It was literally two buds on a stem. It took about two weeks to fully root and is looking about as sexy as miley cirus twerkin right now. Should have some good clones on her in a couple more weeksView attachment 402172View attachment 402173View attachment 402174

If you look at the grow diary in my sig (I know, it takes a long time to load, I'm working on that) 35 days in will seriously hinder the "monster cropping" effect you are going for.

Depending on how the plant looks, between 12-16 days is optimal. In the diary, you'll see I took all the clones at different times. I.e. I took one flowering clone at 14 days, I took another at 21, another at 28 etc. It has pictures so you can see how much of an effect when you take the clone has.
@ soopy just beware soon as u go open very you will never Hood grow again

In my opinion, if you have the temps to do an open hanging HID, you are better off to keep one in the hood like before, & just use hanging cfl's. Way less heat in such close proximity to your plants. & with the same amount of heat increase, you could have multiples of them. They are so close to the plant that the cfl's lower heat is beneficial...that's just my experience anyway.

But I have tried just vertical lighting. I found that, at least in my situation, I needed the light from above as well. But I was also not doing hanging HID's so that difference would be substantial & maybe why it works?

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

No sir, I got my gg#4 last year at the cup.
no i seen someone with gg4# nugs trading people for other nugs , and that guy asked me to trade him some of my grape faygo , he then asked what beans to grab and i told him rebel og , i thught it was you but no biggie , glad you grabbed the rebel og those are some fire from mota for sure !!!!!!

Indican

Indican

To the vert bare dudes above, bare bulb hids, I will bet my seed stash if ya set it up like I do ul see at least 25% better yield than reflectors. Maybe even more. Too much to discuss why in this thread, just rembember the entire plant absorbs light, not just tops. Popcorn bottom buds turn into buds just like the main cola if u do it correctly

Indican

Indican

Ive got 3 Rebel OGs been in flower ablout 4-5 days now...Wow, awesome lookin..Romberry right beside them, 2 of the biggest strains in my garden..Romberry are goin nuts lol... I just planted a bunch more of Mota and crews shit yesterday..Wont list em all here but the rooms are lookin SWEEEET ;) I said I wasn't gonna breed any this round, but Rebel OG is just begging me to hit one with a Huck Kush male lol...

D

dank.frank

Have you ever smoked pure TK? If so, can you tell me how the flavors are altered by the LBL in the mix?

If not, might you go in a bit of depth about the various nuances of flavor in your keeper?

I've read through the thread and if I missed it, my apologies.

dank.Frank

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Have you ever smoked pure TK? If so, can you tell me how the flavors are altered by the LBL in the mix?

If not, might you go in a bit of depth about the various nuances of flavor in your keeper?

I've read through the thread and if I missed it, my apologies.

dank.Frank

Good morning dank.frank. I have smoked the tk and the keeper from my rebel pack has the og buds with the lbl flavor influence. I've grown a few lbl crosses as well as straight lbl. Lbl has a heavy lemon citrus smell but when taken over the 70 day mark it gets a rank chemical smell that reminds me of when my grandma and her sister used to perm they're hair at home. The rebel og I kept smells of lime rind and that permed hair funk. The buds are so dense that an ounce looks like a 1/4 oz. the high is an uppity get your work done high. She stretches out of the gym, but really puts out in yield. The last plant I chopped (which I'm smoking now) yielded 9 oz of buds. That's from a Charlie Brown Christmas tree of a plant that vegged 15 days. I'm more of a Chem guy but this rebel has been in my rotation for over 2 years now.

Top Bottom