RECIPES FOR SUCCESS>

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Here they were when they went in. I didn't take any more pics.
P1016962
P1016972
wish I had.

P1016973
dankworth

dankworth

Your veg would be around 1.75-1-2.5 if it were on a jug. Very very interesting. I have been wondering what things would look like if there were more K and less N in my formula.

Resinable

Resinable

Thanks for the formula Cap.

Love that hydro setup Cap; I knew someone quite awhile back who ran a very similar system even down to the lava rocks; the guy's dad had come up with the system quite a ways back we are talking oldschool hydro style.

Makes me wonder about the feasibility of lava rocks for chow mix and as a standalone medium. I'm gonna see if I can find any data on them . . .

Growstones would be interesting in your rig; only thing I don't like about growstones is the price

By the way have you checked out Spurr's website and you tube video? I'm just starting to get into it but it looks intriguing.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Germans love Hasslehoff, I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks for the formula Cap.

Love that hydro setup Cap; I knew someone quite awhile back who ran a very similar system even down to the lava rocks; the guy's dad had come up with the system quite a ways back we are talking oldschool hydro style.

Makes me wonder about the feasibility of lava rocks for chow mix and as a standalone medium. I'm gonna see if I can find any data on them . . .

Growstones would be interesting in your rig; only thing I don't like about growstones is the price

By the way have you checked out Spurr's website and you tube video? I'm just starting to get into it but it looks intriguing.

I have his video sitting on my desktop for a while but I have not had a chance to go through it all yet. There are people who swear by it.

I used lava for a long time, and now I am using rockwool croutons. However, seeing the grow rocks made me think of using beach pebble (), which could easily be washed and disinfected in between runs. It has a very smooth surface. Dankworth would probably like it for his theory on roots.

If you are using only one kind of media, and not mixing coco or soil in to it, then the fact that one media holds more air is somewhat of a moot point, since there will be lots of space for air to circulate through between each piece of hydroton, growstones, lava, etc..

sdgrower

sdgrower

Cap, when mixing Jacks are you filling the rez half way adding the 2 part then filling the rez the rest of the way?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap, when mixing Jacks are you filling the rez half way adding the 2 part then filling the rez the rest of the way?

ooops. just saw this. I fill the whole res. then I add part one. then I let a recirculating pump swirl it around. then I add part 2. If I AM ADDING SILICA i ADD THAT FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING. Then I pH down with SUlfuric acid at the end.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
here's what i've been using with great success. i don't run nearly as strong as you do though... maybe 1000ppm max and i add my silica last

Is this spurrs formula? What program are you using to display? I like it. It looks very clean. 1000ppm on .5 conversion? That's about what I max out at.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
here's what i've been using with great success. i don't run nearly as strong as you do though... maybe 1000ppm max and i add my silica last

Did you get through the tutorial of his on youtube? I never did yet but have been wanting to. I heard his profile kills it. I like the high N and low P. Do you run the same formula veg and flower?

some of it, but i made my own mixes before, so i basically just plugged in his numbers to hydrobuddy. i did adjust some of the salts as the defaults were off compared to what i was getting. he does a 3 part system if you count him adding silica as a third part.

i did have some canna veg that i was using up, but find that i can still manage to get deficiencies at times.

do you have a thread on your grow setup? it is interesting looking.

you still using your tami? :)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
some of it, but i made my own mixes before, so i basically just plugged in his numbers to hydrobuddy. i did adjust some of the salts as the defaults were off compared to what i was getting. he does a 3 part system if you count him adding silica as a third part.

i did have some canna veg that i was using up, but find that i can still manage to get deficiencies at times.

do you have a thread on your grow setup? it is interesting looking.

you still using your tami? :)

I don't have a thread on that set up as far as building it... Its an ebb flo/ top feed/ NFT kind of hybrid. It works great when dialed, just like most things.

What's my tami?

yes, when dialed :) know how that is :) what is the medium used?

didn't you pick a tamisium extractor?

R

ReCway

Here Is what i use in 4x8 coco beds DTW w 8k lighting. Temp stay between 79-85 and 55-60% RH. CO2 stays at 1500pp. Feed w Tap water at 200ppm out of tap.

VEG
GH Flora Micro 6ml
GH Flora Bloom 9ml
Diamond Nectar 2.5 ml
Silica 2.5 ml

FLOWER
GH Flora Micro 6ml
GH Flora Bloom 5 ml
GH Liquid Kool Bloom 5 ml
Diamond Nectar 2.5 ml
Silica 2.5 ml
Floralicous Bloom 5ml

starting week 2 of flower Reduce formula by 50% and add 1 tbsp MOAB per 5 Gallons every third day.

Last 14 days flush w Tap Water.

I foliar spray with Neem and PHSYAN 20 every 5 days to prevent PM. About to add caps bennies to the mix.

Yo Cap,

Can you use the bennies with Tap? or with the Chloride kill em?

R

ReCway

About to switch to Jacks Pro 3-2-1. I have em ready just waiting for my GH to run out.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yes, when dialed :) know how that is :) what is the medium used?

didn't you pick a tamisium extractor?

Yes I am liking my tami. thats a good name for her.
Here Is what i use in 4x8 coco beds DTW w 8k lighting. Temp stay between 79-85 and 55-60% RH. CO2 stays at 1500pp. Feed w Tap water at 200ppm out of tap.

VEG
GH Flora Micro 6ml
GH Flora Bloom 9ml
Diamond Nectar 2.5 ml
Silica 2.5 ml

FLOWER
GH Flora Micro 6ml
GH Flora Bloom 5 ml
GH Liquid Kool Bloom 5 ml
Diamond Nectar 2.5 ml
Silica 2.5 ml
Floralicous Bloom 5ml

starting week 2 of flower Reduce formula by 50% and add 1 tbsp MOAB per 5 Gallons every third day.

Last 14 days flush w Tap Water.

I foliar spray with Neem and PHSYAN 20 every 5 days to prevent PM. About to add caps bennies to the mix.

Yo Cap,

Can you use the bennies with Tap? or with the Chloride kill em?

That looks like a nice simple recipe!

I suggest getting a chlorine filter for the tap. they are a couple hundred bucks. hydrologic has some decent ones. I am about to switch from RO to filtered tap myself .

jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr

Any recent recipes for success? I am about to order either Jacks, or raw salts from Customhydronutes.com, and was wondering if anyone has a recent recipe?

Top Bottom