reclassify marijuana as a narcotic?? WTF

• Thread starter Purple420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purple420

you shouldnt need a script for having a dime bag of weed. Its a whole different ball game when you are talking about script heavy opiates. This law will FUCK EVERYONE. If you play by their game you are ok, if not you are screwed....for smoking weed.

Let the feds make it a narcotic?? Really...same as getting caught with script pill?? You ever seen the laws in FL for narcotics??

M

Mr. Greeny

_right now marijuana is on the same playing field as herion,crack,coke etc...
it should be on the medical side of things not the hard drug side of things!

:bong2:

I agree with everything Ghostface said accept the above qoute. Marijuana is not on the same playing field as coke and crack currently. In fact it is on a higher playing field. When Marijuana is rescheduled, it will most likely become a schedule II drug. Which at that point will make it equal to coke, crack, meth, morphine and pcp.

As of right now, it is still a schedule I drug. Meaning that is has a high risk of dependency and no accepted medical use for it, according to the DEA and FDA.

I doubt their will be any chance that it will get scheduled III. The federal government is so anti cannabis it is unreal. The only way for the feds to keep cannabis from entering our stores and messing with a lot of industries, is by keeping it as high scheduled as they can. Back in the early 30's their was a man by the name of William Randolph Hearst. It is said that he lobbied the hell out of appointed officials to keep marijuana highly illegal because he was worried that it would effect his lumber industry.

putembk

putembk

If the laws that regulate marijuana date back to the 1930's it just shows how inefficient our government has gotten today. Our jails are overcrowded, the cost to prosecute offenders and the cost to incarcerate is ridiculous. We are broke and the powers to be are lost!! Alcohol and pills are 10 times more deadly let alone hard drugs are far worse. WTF is wrong with this picture??? Legalization is something the public has been moving toward and wanting for years and yet the voice of public opinion means nothing. Welcome to Democracy.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
that would be great for the 16 yo kid who gets popped with a roach.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Most think oh no not a narcotic.. lol we can only hope for those days.

Besides being covered by a new set of laws like owning a gun and marijuana.. or not getting fired when they drug test you... and now they can Test Marijuana and prove to the world that its use is better than its prohibition.

Non of that is possible with it being schedule 1 right now.

its way better than being caught with a schedule 1 substance.

Pot should be rescheduled at 4. But at least with Schedule 2 all the test can be done to prove it safe and boring.

Basically when its schedule II we have rights again. At least the same rights as someone who blows oxy every 4 hours.

Here is the Current list:
Schedule I

hmm this list seems to change depending on the site.. Canada has far better scheduling than the US. And here i thought US law trumps all.

1) Schedule I.—
(A) The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
(B) The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(C) There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision." [23]
No prescriptions may be written for Schedule I substances, and such substances are subject to production quotas by the DEA.

By default the Medical Marijuana program by the states should override the scheduling conflicts. Since it has Medical applications.

Schedule IV Drugs – Relatively Low Abuse Potential, Medical Use, Limited Dependence Risk

Xanax is in the Schedule IV listing. I hope the cocksuckers that wrote these schedules are hopelessly addicted to some Benzo so they can experience their own personal hell.

that just goes to show you its not about safety

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
this is necessary - the OP obviously doesnt comprehend the difference between sched 1 and sched 2

sched 1 means there is NO medical value and the feds dont recognize pot as medicine even though state law allows for it

it also means that any gun owner who is medical is breaking the law per the ATF's open letter to federally licensed firearms dealers

getting pot removed from sched 1 is a step forward - not back

P

Purple420

this is necessary - the OP obviously doesnt comprehend the difference between sched 1 and sched 2

sched 1 means there is NO medical value and the feds dont recognize pot as medicine even though state law allows for it

it also means that any gun owner who is medical is breaking the law per the ATF's open letter to federally licensed firearms dealers

getting pot removed from sched 1 is a step forward - not back

lmfao...necessary?? "Schedule II drugs have a high potential for abuse and a high potential for severe psychological or physical dependency, but are currently accepted for medical use. Schedule II drugs include opium, cocaine, methadone, amphetamines, and methamphetamines."

Getting pot rescheduled isnt a step in any direction. Same shit...different class.

Tripsick

Tripsick

lmfao...necessary?? "Schedule II drugs have a high potential for abuse and a high potential for severe psychological or physical dependency, but are currently accepted for medical use. Schedule II drugs include opium, cocaine, methadone, amphetamines, and methamphetamines."

Getting pot rescheduled isnt a step in any direction. Same shit...different class.

lol NO.

Schedule 1 mean no one can ever have it. Not even scientist.

Schedule 2 means they can.

Biggest step in the right direction.. if it didn't make a difference it would have been rescheduled by now. But it makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE as in they can finally do the testing that is needed to reschedule it even lower.

You must crawl, then walk, and then you can run. we just rolled over on our tummys for the first time.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

lol NO.

Schedule 1 mean no one can ever have it. Not even scientist.

Schedule 2 means they can.

Biggest step in the right direction.. if it didn't make a difference it would have been rescheduled by now. But it makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE as in they can finally do the testing that is needed to reschedule it even lower.

You must crawl, then walk, and then you can run. we just rolled over on our tummys for the first time.

Lets just hope he didn't know about the scientific community part with schedule 1. Got to get that out. I could even agree with a schedule 3 since that's what Marinol is and I bet Sativex will be when it get here !

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
do people read b4 they comment..im starting to wonder ;)

Sure do think your response was about as dumb as they come ;)

Saw nothing in there that changes extracts which you still get fucked on so why would I care not being in a med state and all.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

I know whats included in sched II

this article has to do with MEDICAL USE

seems you dont comprehend the bigger picture

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
why post here if your not in a med state..? these new rules are for med states which i think i read in the link to the main story in the very first post! its not our prob you live in a none med state and your state has issues with medical marijuana..you dont like your current laws_ then move!..still dont like it? to damn bad :party0044:

Because I like to keep up on current issues and have lots of Homies in med states doing their thing. Never said it was your problem. As far as the fed government reclassifying weed yea so that's for every state. Being that its federal and the schedule system is oh yea federal. Your a smart guy. <--- you see that was a joke :party0044:

M

Mr. Greeny

I just find the whole "beating around the bush" thing the feds are doing is wrong. If the feds are going to classify marijuana a schedule 1, then why do they provide marijuana to 4 citizens? I remember watching a show on the history channel about how the feds provide and allow four people in the USA to use and carry marijuana. The one guy they had on the show was getting 25+ top grade joints a day from the feds. He had some extremely rare bone disease. I think he said that he had 100's of tumors all over his skeleton. So if marijuana is good enough to help relieve pain for these people, then why not everyone else? Because of how easy marijuana is to not only grow but to use for muilitude of things. Imagine a cannabis farm that produce more non-yellowing and strong paper then the paper mills. Imagine a farm of cannabis creating more E-85 gasoline then corn fields. Imagine a farm of cannabis that puts both these industries and more in jeopardy. The feds (aka the 1%'er) are not going to let that happen with out a fight.

And even better question would be: Why can't you by an incandescent bulb like the one Edison made? That damn bulb still burns today! So let's all be wasteful just to make money. The way our society is as a whole, is FUCKED UP!!!!!!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I just find the whole "beating around the bush" thing the feds are doing is wrong. If the feds are going to classify marijuana a schedule 1, then why do they provide marijuana to 4 citizens? I remember watching a show on the history channel about how the feds provide and allow four people in the USA to use and carry marijuana. The one guy they had on the show was getting 25+ top grade joints a day from the feds. He had some extremely rare bone disease. I think he said that he had 100's of tumors all over his skeleton. So if marijuana is good enough to help relieve pain for these people, then why not everyone else? Because of how easy marijuana is to not only grow but to use for muilitude of things. Imagine a cannabis farm that produce more non-yellowing and strong paper then the paper mills. Imagine a farm of cannabis creating more E-85 gasoline then corn fields. Imagine a farm of cannabis that puts both these industries and more in jeopardy. The feds (aka the 1%'er) are not going to let that happen with out a fight.

lol I also remember the guy rolling around in his car smoking the joints like he had no worries.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
again ill say some people need to read b4 posting_ Medical states are asking for the rules to be changed with in the medical state it self not for all states..but i could be wrong _ thats what i got from it. i was an still am fully medicated so i could be 110% wrong

You should def take some of your own advice. Says nothing on the state level just that med states are asking the feds to reclassify it. The feds and the schedule system are for all 50 states so again this has to do with everyone. Don't be so quick to call people out with your flawed logic. It's all good man. Like I said I'm not in med state so schedule 1 or 2 I'm still going to jail. I'm not complaining. I'm a grown up I can move if I want to. I like where I live. I don't give 2 fucks if someone says I can't do something. My original comment had to do with if a 16 yo kid gets caught with a joint this doesn't change that he will have a drug charge that will make his life harder no matter what the schedule is. Not saying its not a step in the right direction just that it's not something I would get my hopes up for.

M

Mr. Greeny

lol I also remember the guy rolling around in his car smoking the joints like he had no worries.
Right! What kind of ID do they give this guy to protect him? He would have to have some form of ID for this. Maybe it's a business card that tells the cop to call Obama! lol!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
thanks for the neg rep "cem no med chris" ;) wanker stay out of medical state forums as you have not a clue what this is all about till you LIVE IT!

That right there tells me how much you dont know. I guess all you have left is name calling huh? Ouch man that really hurt. Oh and BTW thanks for the rep comment yourself. I really enjoyed all those threads and content you have brought to the table.

Anyways cool story thx for the read.

johnursery

johnursery

if it becomes schedule 2 scientist's and university's across america can show its medical effectivness without getting shut down by NIDA, also then the FDA and DEA would have to accept it as having medical values...thats the first step in getting prohibition raised IMO....since its schedule 1 right now only NIDA can run tests on cannabis or allow others to and they only run tests or allow others to run tests that they hope will show cannabis in a negative light, and shut down the tests that show possitive effects...this is a step in the right direction as a whole for the cannabis community i do believe

Top Bottom