Recomend a good grow book?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

As the title says.
Im looking for an indoor book but i want it to include as much solid info as possible.

Thanks and if you know of a good online store to buy it from.

ralphy

ralphy

Check out books by Jorge Cervantes, they're a good place to start.

K

kolah

right here, man..........everything ya need........... dig in and read and then ask questions. Good folks here too.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Jorge Cervantes has some good books, amazon.com has them for 12-18 dollars or something like that. Books are great to read on your own time and there full of knowledge but you should always keep reading on this website too. The Farm has some of the most knowledgable people in cultivation on the world wide web.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

+1 for jorge cervantes book if i had to pick one,the pictures alone are gold.I have not read the rosenthal book but plan to.Just like here you take from it what you want and leave the rest until you develop your own style,remember to give back when you do.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
the 2 books to own...but i never hardly use them...big thanks to every one at the farm
the ed one is some what outdated though...
DSC01489

green punk

green punk

Don't waste your money. ( unless you want something for by the toilet) Its all here. All the latest products and techniques being utilized in real time with the best genetics available on the planet. If your bent on getting one start old school, get Marijuana Botany, by Robert Clarke. I had a copy when I was 14.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Barnes and noble book store carry quite a few books on mj growing, all in store or online.
amazon.com

Chobble

Chobble

Don't waste your money. ( unless you want something for by the toilet) Its all here. All the latest products and techniques being utilized in real time with the best genetics available on the planet. If your bent on getting one start old school, get Marijuana Botany, by Robert Clarke. I had a copy when I was 14.

You probably dont have the updated version then. RCC released a revised edition in 2010.

I always recommend Marijauna Botany by Robert C Clarke though, It really has the most information your going to need. Another good one is Jorge Cervantes Ultimate grow guide, The learning curve on it is pretty quick etc but it has a lot of good reference points in it. Its also a lot quicker then running back to your computer to look something up...

What will make you a good pot grower is...

Persistence. Now book can give you that.

But always go back and read the book when you dont know something
When the book cant answer it come to good ol' THCfarmer and look around
When Good ol' THCFarmer doesnt have the answer just ask the farmers :D
When the farmers dont have the answer, its time to do an experiment and share it with your fellow farmers.

Books do Have a need, who ever says that don't probably ask a lot of questions about burn(I think its embarrassing)

Chobble

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Just a little more feedback:
If you are interested in breeding, Marijuana botany is an excellent book. Not as focused on growing, more focused on the botany of the plant. For someone that wants a book focused on growing, may not be what your looking for. It may be overwhelming to read, if your not into reading a more technical book. (Lots of scientific terms). More going to read like a school book. If your into that cool, but some people are not and helps to give em a heads up...

Chobble

Chobble

Just a little more feedback:
If you are interested in breeding, Marijuana botany is an excellent book. Not as focused on growing, more focused on the botany of the plant. For someone that wants a book focused on growing, may not be what your looking for. It may be overwhelming to read, if your not into reading a more technical book. (Lots of scientific terms). More going to read like a school book. If your into that cool, but some people are not and helps to give em a heads up...

I learned more about growing marijauna from Marjiuana botany then I did from any other book. You have to read it a few times, get the terms and then you start to really understanding what RCC means.

Chobble

catdaddy

catdaddy

ive brought 3 books that were all highly suggested and if i could take it back, there would be absolutely no way would i ever by them again. i've learned about a 1000's x more (mainly here) on these boards than all 3 put together. if you're not into the boards like that than i would recommend some of the books that was stated earlier in the thread, but if not, im with everyone that stated you'll be wasting your bread investing into them books. hope that helps.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

LOL.....the 1st copy I had was when I was 12...I stole it from my dad.

TreeS

TreeS

pick up Stitch's Marijuana Garden Saver book.

general knowledge is easy enough to pick up on the boards online.

when it comes to plant problems though, educate yourself and do your own troubleshooting.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Most books on growing are just good reference books... I have the grow bible and I maybe open it 3 times a year and half the time it is to show a friend a picture of a nutrient problem (which can be found online for free anyway)... I have learned more from trial and error (or trial and success) than any other way... This site is better than most books you will get..

Books are a good starting point if you know nothing about setting up a room or how a plant works but you will always find room for improvement in your rooms and will always do something different next time so I suggest just jumping in and learning from there...

Good luck and have fun! It is a blast

Bannacis

Bannacis

get you some good books, you may not have the internet so readily available....then what?
sure couldn't hurt... keeper green

Top Bottom