Recommendations on 4in inline fan

• Thread starter Gashuffer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Hey all. Going thru my first grow and my Vivosun 4” is already squealing a bit. I imagine it’s only a matter of time before it seizes or is too noisy for my family to ignore.

I’ve read good things about Cloudline and ipower. So I may pursue one of them. Two different price ranges, but I’ve seen that it’s such an important part of my system, I’m not so concerned with cost anymore, to a point of course.....

Are there other manufacturers that y’all have had good success with?

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Cloudline t4, nice digital controller to help manage humidity and temps :) i believe the ipower is only a knob controller

I was looking at the S4 with the manual control, but man that T4 is nice. However, double the price! I see it for $120 in places but it’s out of stock. Others is $200.

looks like it’s the same fan with a different controller. Unless I can find the T4 for 120-150, I’ll likely go with the S4.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I was looking at the S4 with the manual control, but man that T4 is nice. However, double the price! I see it for $120 in places but it’s out of stock. Others is $200.

looks like it’s the same fan with a different controller. Unless I can find the T4 for 120-150, I’ll likely go with the S4.
Yeah the digital programmable controller will automatically adjust itself to maintain your settings for you lol it costs more for sure, which is why i dont have one, you just said you werent concerned with cost so i figured that was the model you were referring to lol

visajoe1

visajoe1

i bought a 6" ipower off a dude from craigslist a few years ago for $25. Hooked it up to a 3amp variac and I'm golden like grahams. pumps up to 440cfm

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yeah the digital programmable controller will automatically adjust itself to maintain your settings for you lol it costs more for sure, which is why i dont have one, you just said you werent concerned with cost so i figured that was the model you were referring to lol

Yeah, I did say that, but $200 is a lot lol!

i bought a 6" ipower off a dude from craigslist a few years ago for $25. Hooked it up to a 3amp variac and I'm golden like grahams. pumps up to 440cfm

T6? Or S6?

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I’m seeing the T4 for $120, but out of stock. If I can get it for that, I’d be ok spending 120.

the T6 is like $150, but I also don’t want a vortex in my little grow tent! But I think I’d be ok with $150 especially if it does my thinking for me.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Yeah, I did say that, but $200 is a lot lol!

T6? Or S6?
This exact one

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Hey all. Going thru my first grow and my Vivosun 4” is already squealing a bit. I imagine it’s only a matter of time before it seizes or is too noisy for my family to ignore.

I’ve read good things about Cloudline and ipower. So I may pursue one of them. Two different price ranges, but I’ve seen that it’s such an important part of my system, I’m not so concerned with cost anymore, to a point of course.....

Are there other manufacturers that y’all have had good success with?
everything I have that is ipower is pretty decent, but if you can swing it money wise go for the t4 cloudline... you would be happier with the 6 tho

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Oh that’s the ipower.

vivosun 4 inch is like 25 bucks, mines been going non stop 2 years

yeah, my Vivosun lasted 2 months....

everything I have that is ipower is pretty decent, but if you can swing it money wise go for the t4 cloudline... you would be happier with the 6 tho

Yeah I won’t do 6”. Not for my little tent and my setup is already for 4” lines.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Oh that’s the ipower.

yeah, my Vivosun lasted 2 months....

Yeah I won’t do 6”. Not for my little tent and my setup is already for 4” lines.
I run that ipower fan attached to my carbon filter pretty much 24/7.. no failures yet.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I run that ipower fan attached to my carbon filter pretty much 24/7.. no failures yet.

Yeah, I started venting outside through a concealed vent. I ran my Vivosun with the carbon filter it came with for the first 7 weeks of the grow. Maybe that's what did the Vivosun is crapping out. It was working too hard.

N

Newber

you got me there lol I just got mine as more a back up air mover

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Just ordered a T4! They seem to be sold out where so I’m glad I stumbled on one! Got it for $120, which isn’t too bad especially since the lower energy consumption will save me like $10 per grow over this Vivosun.

I’ve got enough auto seeds for 7 more grows in my size tent. So, it’ll mostly pay for itself by the time I finish my autos alone! Then I’ve got my photoperiod strains which will finish off the rest.

Or at least, that’s my game plan for what ima tell my wife when it arrives! 😂

im looking forward to the additional automation that the fan brings.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I just use a bathroom vent fan from homedepot 💁 80cfm. My space is 30ft lol so it works... Barely. I would love to get one eventually... But at this point id be happy with just about anything more

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I just use a bathroom vent fan from homedepot 💁 80cfm. My space is 30ft lol so it works... Barely. I would love to get one eventually... But at this point id be happy with just about anything more

yeah, I could probably hook up a vent in a much different way for cheaper. A bathroom vent actually could be perfect. I’ve got the exhaust fan routed thru my window well window. See below pics. Maybe I’ll look into mounting a vent on the outside to suck air out at some point. Maybe if I ever need more flow than a 4” can provide.

But, I don’t have any automation in my grow at this point. So, this is that first bit.

A0E06743 58BB 4AC7 994D 2127D6323A38

81E30001 8225 42E0 B506 4C2425D0B5B3

Top Bottom