Recommended solutions to a neighborhood thief

• Thread starter LoFive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LoFive

I'm having an issue with a neighborhood thief stealing my plants since last year. I have cameras this time but obviously it's pretty easy to hide your face. He is strapped with a gun when confronted.

I'm too old for this shit and I have too much to lose going to jail especially over weed. I do live in a legal state of up to 4 plants. Does anyone have any recommendations on deterring or catching this bastard without legal consequence? Maybe a tiny tracking device with GPS history I can attach to the plant inconspicuously? I know, just grow inside... but I enjoy growing outdoors as it is way more cost efficient.

2Bad

2Bad

I'm having an issue with a neighborhood thief stealing my plants since last year. I have cameras this time but obviously it's pretty easy to hide your face. He is strapped with a gun when confronted.

I'm too old for this shit and I have too much to lose going to jail especially over weed. I do live in a legal state of up to 4 plants. Does anyone have any recommendations on deterring or catching this bastard without legal consequence? Maybe a tiny tracking device with GPS history I can attach to the plant inconspicuously? I know, just grow inside... but I enjoy growing outdoors as it is way more cost efficient.
Are you confronting him at his house or yours? I'd shoot him on your property if you have a stand your ground law. What a lazy fucking fuck.

freezeland2

freezeland2

If you got a legal count of plants, and catch him on video I’d contact your LEO. No better then any other thief that steals something else. They are all scum.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Growing outside isn't cost efficient if you don't get to harvest.

If confronting him is dangerous, a mean dog in the yard can work wonders. You can also string some wires at ankle height and make him trip into something nasty but non-lethal. Figure out what route he's taking to your plants. falling into a pan of grease, shit, bleach solution, etc, can mess up a guy's day.

But regardless of what you do, unless you kill him or have him arrested, you need another place to grow.

D

dean1963

i assume he does this at night?
2 foot strips of 5/8" plywood with a ton of nails thru it pointing up surrounding the girls would make for a bad night.
i saw a builder do that once when thieves stole from his job site.
prick never told me though, and i started the job in the winter when it was still dark. thankfully i had my headlights on so i could plug in lights.
ripped a big enough strip off him when he showed up he felt bad and bought me a 24 of beer.
lol

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Buy an electric fencing kit

R

ritoMox

If the dude is armed, it's a good idea to assume he's willing to use it. A dog? No, he will just shoot it. Booby traps? No, that will piss him off and make him come for you. Best course of action at this point is to make him think you've given up growing. But then, maybe he will think you moved indoors and try to break in. If weed is legal in your state, then that weed in your yard is your personal property. Tough spot. Maybe putting a note on a plant telling him you're willing to help him grow will solve it all. Who knows. Tough spot.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
i assume he does this at night?
2 foot strips of 5/8" plywood with a ton of nails thru it pointing up surrounding the girls would make for a bad night.
i saw a builder do that once when thieves stole from his job site.
prick never told me though, and i started the job in the winter when it was still dark. thankfully i had my headlights on so i could plug in lights.
ripped a big enough strip off him when he showed up he felt bad and bought me a 24 of beer.
lol
You do that you open yourself to serious liability, be prepared to spend thousands on attorney fees when he gets scum ball attorney.

G

goodlyf

You do that you open yourself to serious liability, be prepared to spend thousands on attorney fees when he gets scum ball attorney.
Just put up clearly posted signs. WARNING BOOBIE TRAPPED STAY OUT!!!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Just put up clearly posted signs. WARNING BOOBIE TRAPPED STAY OUT!!!
Does not matter, it is illegal to do what you are suggesting. You will loose in court!!
You have admitted to setting a trap that harmed another person!
You clearly did this to hurt someone!
I completely understand this concept and approve of it.
But if you fuck the guy up to the point of severely hurting him he will own your house and your paychecks for years to come.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Maybe try inducing hemaphrodite plants. Maybe he doesn’t notice & it fucks up his whole grow?

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I had this issue with my outdoor plants before. Someone keep stealing my plants right at harvest. It’s a bitch man!

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I like the boards with nails. That will make for a very bad day!

D

dean1963

Does not matter, it is illegal to do what you are suggesting. You will loose in court!!
You have admitted to setting a trap that harmed another person!
You clearly did this to hurt someone!
I completely understand this concept and approve of it.
But if you fuck the guy up to the point of severely hurting him he will own your house and your paychecks for years to come.
wood burns and nails can be put in the neighbourhood garbage can.
no evidence, no conviction
i dunno what to say, but i absolutely have zero use or pity for thieves. i once had my truck with every tool i own in it stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom