Recreational MJ Shops

• Thread starter HiDaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Alright. Some of us live in states that decided to legalize recreational marijuana. Some states have rec laws which are better than others.

Let's take all of the legal mumbo jumbo out of the equation. I want quality buds wherever I buy. Some local "shops" near me have buds completely covered in mold. So badly, I took a small black light into a few "problem" shops and waited til the owner was in front of me. They spouted, "the flower passed our standard testing requirements for resale".

A. That's a load of sh*t
B. How much mold is legal?
C. Under a scope - most the weed I find has trichs which are CLEAR. Not cloudy, absolutely NOT amber. Clear.

So now, I am curious. If you have a jeweler's loop or a proper scope and buy ANY flower from a local REC (no med states please) shop and come across anything which has not matured to the standard harvesting (x%cloudy shown vs x% amber trichs etc) levels OR have found mold within your states, "standard testing requirements"...

I would like to see it. Slap that B under a scope and show me what you find. Let it be known, the problem in the group are not my only focus. Let me see the successes as well.

Pures, Hyrbrids and whatever the hell a recreational shop calls it - let's see it.

As a sidebar - this post comes from a severe level of disappointment from my states, "standards". Granted - YES you can harvest plants before they are mature.

Premature cultivation results in a huge variance of effects. Most strains I see come with completely clear trichs (indica dom).

I understand it's a business and they need to manage their space with a fresh flow of product. Imagine being new to this scene or worse yet a seasoned veteran who dropped out years ago because it wasnt worth the risk to grow.

You walk into a rec shop and some kid is spouting X, Y, and Z about this herb or another and in reality its harvested prematurely or is covered in mold.

Now imagine the number of folks who dont have a God damn clue about weed and what they inhale?

Rant over. Pictures below show "Gelato". An indica dominant strain which has completely clear crystals.

My pics were through a x60k jewlers loop. I am sure they dont show what my eye to the scope can but, trust me. This was harvested for profit and not for quality. Huge thumbs down.

View attachment 937303View attachment 937304 View attachment 937305View attachment 937306View attachment 937307

Restore my faith in some states rec laws or contribute to my disappointment. Just be honest and share what you find ✌
Problem is you get Joe blow or Jane blow to get the licenses to sell in dispos but have no clue how to grow skillfully they just have a biz mindset to profit and not taking the time to learn how to grow dank oily flowers, and test their skills, they just know that it’s a cash cow biz and do whatever it takes to make money.
This is why I grow my own meds, it’s just better and cost effective for me I cannot stand to question how they grow and what they put in the plant or on it for that matter especially not knowing anything on their particular grows.
Colorado minimum passing requirements for mold is low standards in my opinion which leads me to believe the demand is so great that they have to lower that standards to get volume Nd profit in. That’s just my opinion

logdog

logdog

I think you see this in nearly all agricultural markets, go buy a tomato from a small grower at a farmers market and then go buy one at a grocery store, huge difference in quality but also a much different business, the small grower goes to his vines pulls the ripe product has intensive quality control and puts a small amount of product out, if you are supplying tomatoes to a regional grocery chain delivery dates and guaranteed quantities become much more of a concern so produce quality suffers.

Top Bottom