Red Stems & Pale New Growth

• Thread starter RBurndaweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

I'm a new indoorgrower... On my 4th or 5th grownow... I've had about 3 grows that I would call a success... But this is my 1st scrog grow... It's about week 5 in veg (from clone) Soil grow (2gal smartpots) I'm using well water but I pH test it every time... I'm using Monty'sgrow formula (8-16-8) at ¼ the recommended dosage... I'm also addingsilica and cal-mag both at ¼ therecommended dose... I've searched for my plant symptoms (red stems & pale new growth) it's seems like mag def. But when I bumped the cal-mag up to ½ the issue stillremains
Red stems  pale new growth
Red stems  pale new growth 2
Red stems  pale new growth 3
Red stems  pale new growth 4
Red stems  pale new growth 5
Red stems  pale new growth 6
Red stems  pale new growth 7

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
What is your ph... Its probaby phos

JMcG

JMcG

Maybe bump up the nutes too. 1/4 strength that far into veg might leave them a little hungry

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ya in soil you need to be running 6.5 to 6.8,some strains no matter what you do have red stems,a tip though,they will do same thing if cold,i run my tent right at 75 when possible,but,in veg you can get away with more heat and they love humidity,not much humidity in flower the less the best,good eye though,you caught it before it got to far,im down with thinking your doing a great job plants tell me that ,look great friend

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

ya in soil you need to be running 6.5 to 6.8,some strains no matter what you do have red stems,a tip though,they will do same thing if cold,i run my tent right at 75 when possible,but,in veg you can get away with more heat and they love humidity,not much humidity in flower the less the best,good eye though,you caught it before it got to far,im down with thinking your doing a great job plants tell me that ,look great friend
Thanks for responding I to keep the temp around as well but Im thinking the pH is my issue... Thanks Alot

bibbles

bibbles

The purple petioles are fine, the new growth is sulfur deficiency, the burnt tips are nutrient burn, the burnt edges are calcium deficiency, and the clawed tips are nitrogen toxicity. Soil has nutrients, you're adding more, and then you added even more when you noticed the problem, so you're probably just doing too much. Flush with one tablespoon per gallon epsom salt (sulfur) and unsulphured blackstrap molasses (feed the herd) at pH 6.4, then foliar with one teaspoon per liter epsom salt (speed).

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

The purple petioles are fine, the new growth is sulfur deficiency, the burnt tips are nutrient burn, the burnt edges are calcium deficiency, and the clawed tips are nitrogen toxicity. Soil has nutrients, you're adding more, and then you added even more when you noticed the problem, so you're probably just doing too much. Flush with one tablespoon per gallon epsom salt (sulfur) and unsulphured blackstrap molasses (feed the herd) at pH 6.4, then foliar with one teaspoon per liter epsom salt (speed).
I didn't start adding grow nutes until I seen yellowing in lower leaves... Only exception is cal mag because I'm using well water which seems to be a bit soft... and acidic

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

I didn't start adding grow nutes until I seen yellowing in lower leaves... Only exception is cal mag because I'm using well water which seems to be a bit soft... and acidic
And Ive been adding silica too from the beginning

RBurndaweed

RBurndaweed

Ok u say 6.4 and dude above u said 6.5-6.8 so I'm not sure what to do

bibbles

bibbles

Perhaps you had a minor deficiency and over compensated, it happens.

PH in soil usually isn't that important, but when it is, you're going to want to do a slurry test to get the pH of the media itself. My suggestion of 6.4 is because I think you should flush, for normal feedings it's going to be down to what's going on with the pH in the media... though, you keep the beneficials thriving and pH won't matter much, so feed them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom