Redoing my 8 by 12, 6k grow room...any input welcome

• Thread starter budfriend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Janus

No, you can't buy the plastic welding fittings at HD. They are a very specialized part to be used on 'RV type' tanks. The tanks (lower bkts) are rotational molded plastic generally made of HDPE.

If vertical height is the main concern I'd use Rubbermaid totes instead of bkts. Thing wide and not tall. You can nest them inside of each other using one as the lower bkt. On the lower bkt skip the Uniseal and use bulkhead fittings for the drain. Get the type you can glue PVC directly to.

Last, forget about putting the bkts 14" off the ground just to get it to drain back into the rez you have. Either sink the reservoir in the ground (always my preference) or use a small 'catch bin' to collect the water and then pump back up into your rez. A/C condensate pumps are aleady set up to do this.

budfriend

budfriend

thanks janus.

Have you seen Badfish tree grow. It says he get the water up to the rez with drain off cenderblock and then syphin. Do you know how this works.

Also i read in your thread you drip 6 drippers 24/7. What do you have the drippers coming out of. I simpliest leak free way i can figure is use the 8 site dripper head from homedepot. One per bucket. I was even thinking two pumps and split each head between two buckets. three each...but then have the other pump and do the same giving you 6 drippers a bucket total. Put pumps on a different circuit. If both pumps fail and both circuits fail then it was ment to be. I bet you have a simplier way.

Also do i want 1gph on each of the six drippers in the flower room or is that only for veg?

thanks

budfriend

budfriend

Oh yeah, as far as veg i was going to use those net pots with big and chunky perilite in a 4 by 4 tray. I was thinking i would just transpant netpots and all into the 6 gallon buckets. Any reason this would not work. Do you think the net pots might cause a problem. they are going to be about the size of a 4 by 4 rockwool cube.

Also i was even thinking, and i know you dont like hydroton but put just one layer on the bottom of pots so perilite wont sit in water and have about 1 inch of water for roots to grow into. have a couple of airstones in the tray. I could produce even more roots in a tight space. I dont have the luxury of space. Ive done this before with hydroton and it worked good. Tranplant the whole thing into the bucket

What do you think?

budfriend

budfriend

My friends room

My FRIENDS ROOM
DSCN1042.JPG
DSCN1043.JPG
DSCN1044.JPG
DSCN1045.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom