Reds & Ir Inducing Plant Sleep

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shemshemet

shemshemet

Thread jacking really quick.

@sixstring what do you use to capture temps and RH? Does your camera just get the thermometer in your room?

sixstring

sixstring

yeah i had to hang a large temp/rh gauge in front of one of the cams.would be nice if it was built in like my trail cams do it.

Tomba

Tomba

The Emerson enhancement effect as it relates to photosynthesis of plants states that there are 2 photochemical reactions (PS1 & PS2) involved in photosynthesis which combine to enhance efficiency. Emerson measured photosynthesis using both red and far-red light (infrared) light. He found that the combination of the two speed up photosynthesis. Furthermore, Emerson observed that the yield obtained using both red and far-red light simultaneously was much higher than the sum of the yields obtained with red and far-red light separately. The best way to achieve the Emerson effect is by using an infrared wavelength of above 700nm in order to accelerate the interaction of molecular energy.

Two different reaction centers or photochemical events are involved in photosynthesis. One event is driven by red light (660 nm) and the other is driven by far-red light (680+ nm). Optimal photosynthesis occurs when both events are driven simultaneously or in rapid succession. These two photochemical events operate in series to carry out photosynthesis optimally.

How can one obtain both red and far red light in their indoor garden? The best way to do this is to grow with LED grow lights that are configured using the scientific principles of the Emerson effect. It is important to have the wavelengths of light necessary for photosynthesis and to have them at the correct weighted average percentages in relation to one another. By growing with LED indoor grow lights that have the Optimal 8-band wavelength formulation in addition to the principles of the Emerson effect the trichome formation and budding production will be ramped up resulting in the optimal yield for the indoor plants.

H

happy b

IMO plants do not rest specially a C3 plant it works 24 hrs a day lights on and works just as hard lights off
But its doin different things during lights off i think.different hormones at play.i think wen he says rest period he just means they think its dark faster which could induce bloom faster.
iv heard of such technology and seen journals with it beings used even outside.
i couldnt say how successful it was as they didnt run an identical comparisin crop to see the difference.

sixstring

sixstring

The Emerson enhancement effect as it relates to photosynthesis of plants states that there are 2 photochemical reactions (PS1 & PS2) involved in photosynthesis which combine to enhance efficiency. Emerson measured photosynthesis using both red and far-red light (infrared) light. He found that the combination of the two speed up photosynthesis. Furthermore, Emerson observed that the yield obtained using both red and far-red light simultaneously was much higher than the sum of the yields obtained with red and far-red light separately. The best way to achieve the Emerson effect is by using an infrared wavelength of above 700nm in order to accelerate the interaction of molecular energy.

Two different reaction centers or photochemical events are involved in photosynthesis. One event is driven by red light (660 nm) and the other is driven by far-red light (680+ nm). Optimal photosynthesis occurs when both events are driven simultaneously or in rapid succession. These two photochemical events operate in series to carry out photosynthesis optimally.

How can one obtain both red and far red light in their indoor garden? The best way to do this is to grow with LED grow lights that are configured using the scientific principles of the Emerson effect. It is important to have the wavelengths of light necessary for photosynthesis and to have them at the correct weighted average percentages in relation to one another. By growing with LED indoor grow lights that have the Optimal 8-band wavelength formulation in addition to the principles of the Emerson effect the trichome formation and budding production will be ramped up resulting in the optimal yield for the indoor plants.
this would answer my question about why my mars 1600 has ir leds built in lol.i asked mars here and they could not answer me.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

yeah they are hard wired.its pretty sweet i can check my room any time from anywhere i have cell service,i can see temps and rh plus what my helper is doing at all times lol
Thats what im saying, if its broadcasting to your phone why wouldnt some1 be able to swoop on the signal. Somebody talented with tech stuff narc or ripper, feds, etc... Its a concept i always wanted to discuss.

sixstring

sixstring

well im sure it is hackable just like the computers we are talking on right now.the cams run to a private website.i have my own passwords and login for my cams.im sure law enforcement can gain access if they really wanted to.but i have nothing to hide here.i think in colo and wash if you grow legally you are on live cams 24/7.i put these in for myself and also to be in compliance when the time comes here in mich.and by the sounds of it,its coming real soon.but yeah man,they could do a random inspection on me any day of the week.i always run way below my plant counts like less than half and never keep overages on hand.plus only 3 of us ever enter my grow rooms and all 3 of us are caregivers.i also like the fact that if i ever did get raided,those bastages will all be on a hard drive here and elsewhere ;)

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I have a good friend that is an extremely talented computer guru he told me that the system is ip based and anyone who knows there stuff could intercept. I had forgot my password on a computer that I did not use much and it took him all of 30 seconds to get in. I just figured if the feds wanted me they would just come through the door and any ripper smart enough to jack my ip would get me anyways. My security is to watch whats going on when I'm gone and to deter the dumbass criminals, any pro is going to get you regardless of security measures. My biggest fear is someone putting a gun to my head and making me let them in or using my family as leverage and in that case I would help them load everything and send them on there way.

sixstring

sixstring

yeah man theres way too many pros to the system for me to change it,i get a text any time the ups guy puts a package on my porch.when im out of town and i get those texts,i call my son in law to go get the damn mail and check the girls lol.i run big fuckin trailers for my work,i can see whos parked in my driveway anytime and call and say hey move the car out of the drive im coming home with my loader in 10 mins lol

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

What if you got one of these and put it on a seperate timer than your regular grow light and had it come on the last two hours of flower light cycle and have the reg light go off an hour early?

Might try it someday.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Sorry for getting off topic. @Junk if theres a red light or light in the red spectrum just at the end of the light cycle, do you think it helps plants acheive their stacking state so to speak? Cause i read that not a lot of growth takes place during lights on, which is why most suggest against a 24 hr veg cycle, so the way i kinda perceived what you were saying is .... The red spectrum light at the end of the cycle helps the plant achieve this state of stacking and using all the nutrients to build its structure and expand during lights off FASTER by replicating nature. Is this what you were getting at or am i way off.

yeah man theres way too many pros to the system for me to change it,i get a text any time the ups guy puts a package on my porch.when im out of town and i get those texts,i call my son in law to go get the damn mail and check the girls lol.i run big fuckin trailers for my work,i can see whos parked in my driveway anytime and call and say hey move the car out of the drive im coming home with my loader in 10 mins lol

I hear ya man. Im glad we got that discussion across. I feel like thats important info, especially for someone trying to increase security in a potential situation where it could compromise it further

Junk

Junk

well im sure it is hackable just like the computers we are talking on right now.the cams run to a private website.i have my own passwords and login for my cams.im sure law enforcement can gain access if they really wanted to.but i have nothing to hide here.i think in colo and wash if you grow legally you are on live cams 24/7.i put these in for myself and also to be in compliance when the time comes here in mich.and by the sounds of it,its coming real soon.but yeah man,they could do a random inspection on me any day of the week.i always run way below my plant counts like less than half and never keep overages on hand.plus only 3 of us ever enter my grow rooms and all 3 of us are caregivers.i also like the fact that if i ever did get raided,those bastages will all be on a hard drive here and elsewhere ;)

I could do it in 45 minutes. That includes the time spent hiring & paying the hacker. He only needs 10 minutes. It's bloody amazing. You can get some serious hacker's for hire on the dark web.

My point is, anyone who wanted to, could hack it extremely quickly. So I agree the hardline is the bests idea, but when it comes to system security, it only makes sense to take it so far. From my living room, right now, it could probably be done in an hour. & I'm just a nobody. The right part of govt & it would be minutes. So...what can ya do. I think most of us are just riding the slow social acceptance wave.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

When the sun reaches the horizon it makes crazy colors red purple pink orange, so the red light most likely replicates what the plants have programmed into their genetic code.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I have some rgb led light strips that probably go above 680nm on red.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

What if you ran supplemental lighting instead of swapping out a current setup or replacing bulbs? @Junk a side by side would intrest this garden guy alot

Top Bottom