Reflectors that You've Used??

• Thread starter Reebs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reebs

Reebs

I was just trying to get some input from anyone who has dabbled in this area...

just a short run down,

11'x 14' Room (Sealed)
8 x 1k hps lamps
4 3x6 flood trays (2 reflectors over each)

as a tester, i grabbed 2 of these "Sun Systems Agrotech" reflectors and they seem like they will do just what i want when placed properly.

basically my goal, coming from "Radiant 8's" air cooled hoods i want something close to the same thing without the air cooled part. if that makes sense. to me these agrotechs seem like they are, but i just wanted to get any input from peeps who had used diff reflectors before.

purpleberry

purpleberry

If your talking about the big agrotech magnum hoods that are like the xxxls but not air cooled? Get them they kick ass. Maybe over kill for 4x6 4x8 would be better. But they would rock 4x6

Reebs

Reebs

they are the step down, i looked at the magnums, but 2 of those over a 3x6 was too much, i woulda had to use 1, they are like a Radiant 8's but not air cooled.

thanks

'

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Since your working with a odd shaped space( I do 4x8) try the ajustawings

dorjewright

dorjewright

I'm on the fence too. Trying out 2 blockbuster but thinking maybe I should use magnum xxxls for more even light. I want to use 600s for efficiency (electricity costs are a problem).

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Use the raptors over the xxxls

Even with no air cooling the raptors nearly heat up

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

They cool a lot ezier is the big selling point for me

Also they seem to seal better. Literally no air leakes

And a way better light spread than a blockbuster, basically the same as a xxxl

Reebs

Reebs

Well I've got 1 blockbuster. Are you saying raptors give more even light spread?

yall got any suggestions on "NON-Air cooled" REFLECTORS?

in the OP you can see, i used to use air cooled hoods, Radiant 8's to be exact. i'm recently making the switch to NON AIR COOLED hoods, what i like to call "Reflectors"

i'm looking for advice or input on the Reflectors only, i already have good air cooled hoods if i decide to go back to that.

sixstring

sixstring

Everybody seems to love those adjust a wing reflectors, never tried them myself.but it sounds convenient to be able to adjust the patteren to fit your tables or space and not much there to heat up.

Reebs

Reebs

Everybody seems to love those adjust a wing reflectors, never tried them myself.but it sounds convenient to be able to adjust the patteren to fit your tables or space and not much there to heat up.

i thought about those, the thing i didn't like about them was that light could shine out the back or front of the light instead of being directed towards the table.

the only other thought i had was to use parabolic hoods like i have in the past but even the smaller ones are like 32-34'' and thats pretty big. i got a buddy who runs the 42" parabolic's , 1 over each 3x6 and they cover the whole tray but i really want 2 hoods over each for the weight.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yall got any suggestions on "NON-Air cooled" REFLECTORS?

in the OP you can see, i used to use air cooled hoods, Radiant 8's to be exact. i'm recently making the switch to NON AIR COOLED hoods, what i like to call "Reflectors"

i'm looking for advice or input on the Reflectors only, i already have good air cooled hoods if i decide to go back to that.
Radiant non-cooled. I love em

Reebs

Reebs

Radiant non-cooled. I love em

i can't believe i NEVER thought to check if they made a non air cooled Radiant series, thanks bro. gonna try these relectors since i got em, might just go back to my radiant's 8's if all fails since i have 10 of them just sittin now

Latest posts

Top Bottom