registerd firearms in ca

• Thread starter david4Z0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

david4Z0

where can i find the laws about having registerd guns im new to this so ill apreciate any help its my 1st time growing

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
N r a ?

Why won`t it let me edit? I was trying to capitalize the r a.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i think he means guns with a med garden?

southstreets

southstreets

you can have registered guns and a med license.. theres nothing in 215 pertaining to guns... try the state dept we site.. that might b ur best bet....

T

t7rln

A grower told me that I couldn't have guns in a home where I was also growing (legal). I couldn't imagine that one legal right would take away my 2nd amendment right.

It will be my first question the next time I talk with an attorney who understands 215.

t7rln

P

PRODUCT

my lawyer said not to have guns under any circumstances with the garden.. it just looks bad.. plus.. 99% of the time you should just expect to get booked.. hopefully remember someone's number so you can get bailed..

if you have all your paper work and your on point.. it looks great when your fighting the case

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ive heard it both ways in cali and im going to guess it depends on your DA and county your in. You shouldnt protect you grow room with deadly force, But you should have the right to protect your family from a intruder. I think it best to ask a local lawyer or/and the sheriffs department since its going to be a local DA that would pick up the case.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Great info monkeybone

I think you scared him off, just kiddin. My moto is out of sight out of mind. Live back in the woods. But when you go on vacation hire a house sitter with a big stick

mal

R

Ruff Ruffman

Firearms and growing are never a good mix regardless if legal or no. If conerned for a lads safety that purchase a can of mace or taser....leave the guns to the professional cowboys.

B

burnedout

Disagree with Ruff completely.. Maybe if you added the word commercial before growing, maybe..

If I have a legal right to own a firearm AND to grow my personal medicine, why should one right take away from the other? It doesn't, and shouldn't.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Burnedout, perhaps it shouldn't, but what should be and what is are two different things. Someone here has taken the time to recount a personal tale of woe in which his rights to do both were indeed violated. He's the one who paid, and paid dearly.

There is NO WAY I'll mix the two up. I just don't have pockets that deep and I just don't like the prospect of deep examination I would experience should law enforcement put the two together with me. Sure, I'm legal medical, I've never had trouble with the law (ok, outside of parking tickets no trouble), but how would I be treated if my local LE knew that I was both growing and had guns..?

B

burnedout

I don't know dude, I don't know where you live. I know that where I live, local LE wouldn't give a shit if I was both growing and had guns, because I'm legally allowed to do so.

Now if I had a house full of weed that I was growing to slang, I'm sure they'd feel differently, as would I.

Nonetheless, I don't care how much money it'd cost me should I wind up in a pickle, it wouldn't be enough to sway me from protecting my own life should that be necessary. You obviously feel different, which is cool with me. But to flat out say it is wrong for someone that grows their own meds to exercise their right to bear arms, well like I said, I disagree completely. Peace

E

edux10

I don't know dude, I don't know where you live. I know that where I live, local LE wouldn't give a shit if I was both growing and had guns, because I'm legally allowed to do so.

Now if I had a house full of weed that I was growing to slang, I'm sure they'd feel differently, as would I.

Nonetheless, I don't care how much money it'd cost me should I wind up in a pickle, it wouldn't be enough to sway me from protecting my own life should that be necessary. You obviously feel different, which is cool with me. But to flat out say it is wrong for someone that grows their own meds to exercise their right to bear arms, well like I said, I disagree completely. Peace

you could still be asking for trouble tho. LE could try to press charges that dont fall under 215 to really try to fuck with you. Like say if you didnt have a gun, they would charge you with possession and it would get thrown out, but if you had a gun, they could maybe charge you with child endangerment around drugs and guns, or try to get you for sales so it isnt covered under 215 and add the gun as a special allegations charge.

I guess if you had a dog tho they would prolly shoot it and charge you with harboring a vicious animal or something redic. There is really no way out if they want to try to fuck you they will. And losing a family member (dog) has got to be rough as all hell.

I guess what i am trying to say is: once they label you as a "bad guy" then they make it very hard on you and a gun is a big leap in the "bad guy" direction. Wait, when is weed going to be legal again? Doh!!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Well said burnedout

I agree with you 100% it is your right to own a firearm.

mal

A

AM to PM

Burnedout, perhaps it shouldn't, but what should be and what is are two different things. Someone here has taken the time to recount a personal tale of woe in which his rights to do both were indeed violated. He's the one who paid, and paid dearly.

There is NO WAY I'll mix the two up. I just don't have pockets that deep and I just don't like the prospect of deep examination I would experience should law enforcement put the two together with me. Sure, I'm legal medical, I've never had trouble with the law (ok, outside of parking tickets no trouble), but how would I be treated if my local LE knew that I was both growing and had guns..?

I feel exactly this way also. Yes, I'm legal, but I never want to get to the point where I am ever identified as even BEING legal. That is something between the State and I only.

One's perception of what is just, or what should happen, or how they would react does not always coincide with reality. Come on, our rights are trampled on everyday. I have a concealed handgun license and I am also a patient. Legally there is nothing in my state law that says I cannot practice both of those rights at the same time, but GET REAL. Why expose yourself? Why go through the scrutiny even though your conscience is clear? Some here say fuck the power and they will stand and fight. I'm just here to spend some time with Mary not be a martyr lol.

B

burnedout

No wonder we lose our rights little by little, day by day. The rights WE ALREADY HAVE no one will stand up for.

So you agree it's your right to own a firearm, but yet you won't because the corrupt government might try to trample your rights and or fuck you over? NO WONDER they do, because people won't even stand up and fight for the rights they already have. People are so afraid they MIGHT get fucked, or trampled or whatever, that they WILLINGLY give up their rights. Such a shame.

Top Bottom