registerd firearms in ca

• Thread starter david4Z0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No wonder we lose our rights little by little, day by day. The rights WE ALREADY HAVE no one will stand up for.

So you agree it's your right to own a firearm, but yet you won't because the corrupt government might try to trample your rights and or fuck you over? NO WONDER they do, because people won't even stand up and fight for the rights they already have. People are so afraid they MIGHT get fucked, or trampled or whatever, that they WILLINGLY give up their rights. Such a shame.
Not "might try". You can be damn near guaran-fucking-teed they'll fuck with you, for years. Do you not remember that these are the people with handcuffs and guns and the power to do all kinds of things to you? Things that, in order for you to assert your rights, often require copious amounts of cash?

You may be made of money, but a lot of people aren't. Not to mention how much of your life it would chew up. Perhaps you've never been busted or had someone close to you busted, no? Weapons charges stick, and they stick in court. Go look it up yourself if you won't take monkeybone's word for it. Call an attorney or three. Only takes a little footwork to get the skinny.

B

burnedout

I guess I should live in fear of being fucked over by corrupt government officials and willingly give up my rights, is that what you suggest?

No, I'm not made of money. Yes, should they ever try to pin bullshit made up charges on me, I will pony up and get a lawyer and fight it, and probably win. Yes, it will cost me money. BUT, it will be 100000x better than laying down and willingly giving up my rights because they have the power to fuck me over, should they choose. Sorry, I call that being a pussy. Maybe you're ok with giving up your rights because you might have to actually put up a fight to defend them, but I sure as hell am not.

B

burnedout

Wonder what all the people who fought and died for us to have rights as free men would say about people advising others to give up these same rights they fought so hard to obtain, all because they are afraid of the big bad boys with guns and handcuffs and power?

I'm not talking about automatic weapons and warehouses full of commercial pot, i'm talking about honest, hard working citizens who have legal medical gardens and firearms for personal protection,hunting, sport, etc.

If they have to give up their constitutional right to bear arms because they are afraid of being illegally judged/charged by dirty power abusing officials, then God help us all.

M

MediMary

well things are different these days to burn, are rights have slowly disappeared over time(because of the reasons you mention)

now days they call you an enemy combatant, and throw you in jail until you die, never tell you what you supposedly did wrong, and torture you the whole time.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nowadays PATRIOT is used against people nothing more than drug busts. I wonder how many folks remember that we the people were guaranteed that it wouldn't be used in such a manner. Nowadays, unlike when that war was fought, OUR police can invade OUR homes and shoot us, our families and our pets. Now that's something to fight, in my opinion.
I guess I should live in fear of being fucked over by corrupt government officials and willingly give up my rights, is that what you suggest?
The only point of contention I have with you on this is that you're advising others to do what you would, without, in my opinion, full knowledge of the law and how it's applied in everyday life.
No, I'm not made of money. Yes, should they ever try to pin bullshit made up charges on me, I will pony up and get a lawyer and fight it, and probably win. Yes, it will cost me money. BUT, it will be 100000x better than laying down and willingly giving up my rights because they have the power to fuck me over, should they choose. Sorry, I call that being a pussy. Maybe you're ok with giving up your rights because you might have to actually put up a fight to defend them, but I sure as hell am not.
Fantastic. We'll use you as the case study.

You're going to need about $20K just to start, retainers for good drug attorneys begin at $10K, and I can assure you, that gets used up very, very quickly. Whatever you do, don't ask me why I know this.

Isn't armchair quarterbacking great?

B

burnedout

I'm advising people to stand up for their rights, nothing more, nothing less.

Case study for what exactly?

Armchair quarterback? explain please.

You seem to be TERRIFIED of what might happen to you should you choose to stand up and exercise the rights which YOU ALREADY HAVE. That's what they want, that's their whole goal. Get people too scared to exercise their rights, then they can take them away, because nobody will object or fight. Well, people like you won't, which there are plenty of.

You can make excuses all day long about money and fear and whatever else you're afraid of, but it still doesn't change the fact that you're conceding your rights because you're scared of what might happen should the road get bumpy.

A

AM to PM

I do not think anyone is conceding their rights. I don't understand what 'fight' you speak of. I already HAVE my rights. It's already been fought and paid for and I am reaping the benefits. I practice my rights everyday without fear because it is EASY enough to follow without testing any boundaries should I get adventurous.

I am also of the opinion that if there isn't a law saying you CAN'T do something, then that means you have every RIGHT to do it. But we can all be realistic bro... you will be arrested and you will be forced to spend money to defend yourself from 'crimes' that have not even been defined yet lol.

You are an archair qb because you nonchalantly sit there spewing these notions of justice, what is right, ideals, money, etc. without being in the firing line like some other posters here. Ya it's all dry and dandy from your high perch and you are big and bad fighting for your rights. Maybe for other rights your thoughts may apply, but we are talking about DRUGS and GUNS. It's easy enough to live in the shades of gray and stay out of the light.

Just my opinion.. nothing against more volunteering as martyrs.

B

burnedout

Wow, not sure exactly what to say to that. Your first two sentences demonstrate a complete lack of understanding concerning pretty much everything being discussed in this thread.

I think even SeaMaiden would agree he is conceding his legal right to own a firearm, there's really no room for an opinion concerning facts. You don't understand what fight I speak of? You must not realize that we as free men are in an ongoing battle to KEEP the rights that our ancestors fought so hard to obtain? I can only assume based on your lack of understanding concerning this seemingly obvious concept that you must be very young and inexperienced in life, otherwise I am completely dumbfounded by your response.

Reactions: mal
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, we're in a battle. We're fighting to re-establish states' rights over the 'right' of the federal government to corral us all, just to begin. We're in a battle to take our government back from corporate interests, at least those of us who care are involved in that battle. We're battling to keep religion out of our secular government, to keep the government reined in, for a whole lot of things.

But I also don't think you're picking up what's being put down here, burnedout.

There are people here who are speaking directly from experience and monkeybone recounted in some detail his. My own experience is not direct, I have ALWAYS kept my nose clean and never gotten into any kind of trouble with the law (outside of traffic/parking tickets). However, there are some close to me who have gotten into trouble, and if the law is of a mind, even a kitchen knife can and will be classified as a deadly weapon and into the evidence bin it goes to be used against you. And your ONLY recourse is to A) Hope to have a fantastic public defender/court-appointed attorney who's on their game, or B) Have a fantastic attorney on retainer. And I can tell you that out here in California, where we're legal medical patients (and the persons busted were, at the time of busting, legal medical patients) that a decent criminal defense attorney's retainer *starts* at $10,000. They'll take your equipment, they'll take your weed, your moms, whatever the hell they choose. And when you, as a medical patient, go to recover the weed you have a LEGAL right to reclaim, they will fucking laugh in your face and tell you to keep trying. LA Co Sheriff's Department, to start.

Dumbfounding, yes, flabbergasting even. But it is what's happening and the way that it is, right now. And it is, in fact, perfectly legal inasmuch as *you*, the citizen, can enforce it.

Justice only really exists for the rich. That's a problem, but it's a fact.

ncga

ncga

Garden can be legal.
Gun Can be legal

But when LE say's it's not that is when the trouble starts. I personally know three growers who had medical gardens. When LE came in and the end of the day the only charges were for being armed.All three did time. One spent 50K on lawyers and got credit for time served but still was in the system.

The point you are missing is how the SYSTEM can get you and not let go.

As I like to say way cheaper to learn from others,

Shire we lose rights but that is the way it will always be. Our elected officials get elected by making a point of adding in more laws. Sucks but the way it is

nc

R

Ruff Ruffman

Disagree with Ruff completely.. Maybe if you added the word commercial before growing, maybe..

If I have a legal right to own a firearm AND to grow my personal medicine, why should one right take away from the other? It doesn't, and shouldn't.

well said chap...I stand corrected. I would still advise against it...get a big guard dog or something...who wants the weight of killing a lad over medicine?

D

DoobyScoo

I guess if you had a dog tho they would prolly shoot it and charge you with harboring a vicious animal or something redic.

Nope.
They just shoot your dog. Sometimes they laugh.
I mean, they gotta shoot something.

And just 'cause they shot your dog, doesn't mean you can shoot theirs. I wouldn't recommend that, no matter how angry you are at the time.

I remember watching an episode of Dallas SWAT and as they were prepping their strategy for the breaches (2), it funny to see some of the Swatzi volunteer for dog-duty, rear-breach, and how adamant they were that this n88956r's pitbull looked like a mean one that might come after you, "so be prepared to have to 'take-down' the dog, before you make your breach.
Luckily the dog cowered at the other side of the yard and wasn't shot...probably because they were on camera.

This vicious Corgie in Mississippi wasn't so lucky. But it is alive, the officer was a bad shot.
http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/obsidian_wings/2010/05/youre-not-a-victim-and-neither-am-i.html

S

ScrOGer

In all fairness to everyone's opinions, it is your right to possess a firearm at the same location as a medi grow.

Just don't let it be in plain sight, as you for sure will be arrested, as it IS stated in the prop 215/SB 420. It's up to you to wether or not you want to risk the arrest and have the expense of defending your right in court.

Be smart about it. The line in the law that states this, is totally dependent on the officer's suspicion. if he sees a gun, he could suspect that there is illegal activity going on, and can arrest you. Becasue he/she has Probabl cause to believe so. But if you prove 215 compliant (doctor's rec, MMIC, co-op/collective arrangement, NON-for profit incorporation etc...) to the officer on site, you can avoid arrest, but will be given a court date for you to appear, if needed.

End of the story. keep the guns secure, out of plain sight and separate from the grow room.

My 2 cents. (Actually cost more, as I have a great MMJ atty on retainer. Everyone should have one...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
They can have my gun when they pry it from my dead cold fingers...Opps! That was my Bong! Really I own guns. I have an M-16 that is legal, I grow cannibis and it has nothing to do with each other. I have always stuck up for my rights and nothing will change that. I don`t grow cannibis because I have guns and I don`t have guns because I grow cannibis.

B

Bluenote

Firearms and growing are never a good mix regardless if legal or no. If conerned for a lads safety that purchase a can of mace or taser....leave the guns to the professional cowboys.

Never used Mace have ya? And don't know the drawbacks of Tasers do you? Save the anti-gun stance for elsewhere you'll run into trouble with it here.

" Professional Cowboys" that's a load of sensationalistic , hyperbolic hogwash.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Its not illegal to own guns and its not illegal to grow for your medical needs,having said that i wouldnt answer the door with either a gun or a pot plant in my hand although technically on your own property you should be able to do both,lol.The whole gun issue stems from the paperwork you fill out when you buy a gun,it asks if you use drugs(which cannabis is considered right now),A yes answer and you will not meet the criteria,its bullshit but its how they skirt the real issues just like medical marijuana is legal but dispensaries or anyplace to buy it are not.Watch for legislation that seeks to get you for DUI if you have any cannabis in your system next,even if you smoked it 30 days ago...

B

Bluenote

[quote="ScrOGer, post: 642696, member: 27354
End of the story. keep the guns secure, out of plain sight and separate from the grow room.

.[/quote]

Plus about a million. If they're locked up in the gun safe then you're ahead of the game right from the jump.

And frankly this is corollary to the individual responsibility of EACH and every owner of any sort of firearm to do their level best to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. We each carry that societal responsibility.

B

Bluenote

And like Mr. Castle , one has nothing to do with the other for me. I keep firearms because I throughly enjoy competition shooting and bloodthirsty though some may consider it to be I enjoy the company of other Long Range Varminting nuts and turning very small targets into red mist at very extended distances.

And personally I find the whole concept that something such as my Panda actioned , 28 inch Bartlein barreled .22-250 A.I. or a Formula class benchrest rifle being classed with " Saturday Night Specials" completely and conceptually ridiculous.

YAHHHH folks rob a liquor store with a 14 lb Varminter of a 21 lb Bench Rifle........sure they do.

And for those who will jump all over me for " hunting"................DON'T.......unless you want an education within the context of Wildlife Management and some very graphic pictures of Deer that have yarded up and starved to death due to overpopulation and stripping the available browse.

Picking those deer up after the spring thaw , counting 'em and then having to toss 'em into a dump truck is one of the most heartbreaking things one can *ever* see or do.

MAN , needs to quit meddling , another example being the re-introduction of Wolves into the Yellowstone ecosystem and the associated M A S S I V E negative effect upon one of the Iconic Heirlooms of our nation , that being the Yellowstone Elk Herd.

The we have the re-introduction of a modern *hybrid* copy of the old Red Wolf ( Desert Wolf) into the Sonoran Plateau........

And by the way , Wolf attacks on Man are NOW no longer pretty much a Myth to very rare occurence......research the last few years for yourself as regards that issue and note how much more common human/livestock/Wolf conflict has become.

And here is the KEY facet. The Wolves dropped into the Yellowstone theater ****are NOT**** native , they were Canadian Greys , evolved to take larger game that the Greys and Timbers originally native to the Yellowstone are , the Canadians being of a MUCH larger phenotype and in the Yellowstone environment being THE apex predator , having verfiably packed up and taken down the Big Bears ( i.e. lower 48 Grizzlies).

It's a massive screwup of the same proportions that allowed Feral Hogs to become a huge problem across the land.

B

Bluenote

Shire we lose rights but that is the way it will always be. Our elected officials get elected by making a point of adding in more laws. Sucks but the way it is

nc

And there you have it folks. A succinct admission of DEFEAT , along with the willingness to be completely subjugated by the aforementioned " elected officials"............a demonstrably abysmal acquiescence to tyranny.

" Hey maybe if I give THIS up they;ll let me keep THAT."

Now what will you do when they come for THAT too? And make no mistake that they will do so.

If you don't know it , then find and read the old story about the " Frog In The Pot".

Top Bottom