regular seeds outta bags i smoke

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i been saving the seeds outta my bags for about a year now i got half a pill bottle full just wondering how long they will last and how many should i try and germinate at 1 time if i am shooting for 4 female plants

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

If they have been kept in a place that doesn't have large swings between heat and cold or humidity spikes, they can last for years. The ideal place is somewhere like the back of your sock drawer.

If you are aiming for 4 females, plant 7 or 8 seeds. It's hard to know before you actually grow and sex them. But another thing you'll have to weed out is the potential hermie. Bag seeds might have come from a plant that easily hermies and the offspring will likely do the same. So the 4 females is now 3. I have planted plenty of bag seed in my life and many have turned out great without any herm problems, just something to keep a careful eye out there for.

I've also had some seeds from a particular strain that germinate every time and others strains or randoms that just don't work. So with bag seed, I usually expect a few to not even germinate if the seeds are older than a year.

growsince79

growsince79

i been saving the seeds outta my bags for about a year now i got half a pill bottle full just wondering how long they will last and how many should i try and germinate at 1 time if i am shooting for 4 female plants
How do you know if they are regular seeds? Were they loaded with seeds like Mexican dirt weed. Or was it just an occasional seed here and there?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

How do you know if they are regular seeds? Were they loaded with seeds like Mexican dirt weed. Or was it just an occasional seed here and there?
sometimes its only a couple of seed but sometimes you will get 10 seed a gram it seems like lol but the smoke to me is still good

Top Bottom