repoting during flowering

• Thread starter joker0077
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joker0077

Ok so I have papaya from nirvana and they say it is an indica 60 day finisher. Its on day 22 and just starting it shoot out pistles. was small SOG so i had them in 1 gallon pots. The way they streched i think 3 gallons is needed...
So my question is, how bad is it to repot during flower, and when is it to late to repot.
Thanks...

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Ok so I have papaya from nirvana and they say it is an indica 60 day finisher. Its on day 22 and just starting it shoot out pistles. was small SOG so i had them in 1 gallon pots. The way they streched i think 3 gallons is needed...
So my question is, how bad is it to repot during flower, and when is it to late to repot.
Thanks...

Repotting will cause some stress, but not as much as the root constriction that they're already experiencing.

Gently remove the plants from their plastic prisons and place them into a larger pot with your medium up to the level where the base of your plant will be about one inch from the top of the pot. gently fill in the sides with your chosen medium (compact it if it's soil or coir, but gently), and then thoroughly water. I'd recommend a bit of b1 and some endo-mycorrhiza too.

420Gator

420Gator

id just cut the bottom off the pots and put em on top of another container

are they showing any signs of being rootbound?

how bout some pics?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thanks...

Man, you're three weeks in bro!!!! You didn't see it coming?!?! What are you growing in a PC case or something? J/K bro...everyone screws up from time to time. You'll be alright re-potting her, she won't be all she could have been and she will have some stress, but you'll have some weed. Try to plan better next time man...I had a sativa out-grow my lights last one, I don't usually grow indoors and thought I could pull it off perfectly my first time. To my defense, it was some random seed out of some random bag so I had no idea what I was dealing with...which leads me to another point, buy solid genetics from someone who knows what he/she is talking about so that you can plan correctly!!!

lazarus718

lazarus718

id just cut the bottom off the pots and put em on top of another container

are they showing any signs of being rootbound?

how bout some pics?

That might work man but I just don't think constraining the root zone like that makes any sense if you are already putting in the labor to put the plant in a new pot...besides, his pot might not be that easy to cut the bottom off of and he'll risk severing a main root. Just re-pot the DOB
(daughter-of-a-bitch) and get on with your day.

B

Buddy Flowers

"I'd recommend a bit of b1 and some endo-mycorrhiza too. "

good call Dr Detroit- Joker- check out Great White for a mycorhizae product. for my B1, I use Advanced B-52 because it has kelp and other helpful things in it but there are a few great B1 products out there, Hormex being another

S

SYROUS

unless you beat the shit out of them i cant see how transplanting will stress badly day 22 your good,just be nice and feed low nutes a few days just in case,if you see a little growth slow its probably producing new roots which in turn will suck up more nutes ,use a shot of voodoo juice or similar product,and next round before flower put her in her final home, good luck hope all works out

J

joker0077

thanks everyone for the responces... gonna repot and say fuck this strain in the future. Papaya from nirvana just aint getting it done. thanks again

cannabeans

cannabeans

be gentle!

i have, in the past, repotted during flowering with great results! please be gentle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom