Repotting/transplant

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
After all transplant or pot up should have a dark period to help reduce shock . Regards OD.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Appreciate the info fellas. So how much perlite with the foxfarm? Think I'm gonna order some of that for these seedlings.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

No particular perlite brand? Vigaro work ok? Just rinse it well before adding and mixing?

Madbud

Madbud

+1 on the large perlite, bigger air pockets. 25-30% is a lot, and tough to keep watered in outdoor heat. As for MG, just stay away from their potting soil, its loaded with time release nitrogen you don’t want. Their organic soil is a better choice but Foxfarm Ocean Forest or Happy Frog are the “cannabis for dummies” choice. Handful of perlite, handful of vermiculite is enough for a 5 gallon outdoor container. And always rinse anything like perlite, cococoir or vermiculite Before using.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
+1 on the large perlite, bigger air pockets. 25-30% is a lot, and tough to keep watered in outdoor heat. As for MG, just stay away from their potting soil, its loaded with time release nitrogen you don’t want. Their organic soil is a better choice but Foxfarm Ocean Forest or Happy Frog are the “cannabis for dummies” choice. Handful of perlite, handful of vermiculite is enough for a 5 gallon outdoor container.
Yeah you're right, had indoor in mind

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I just ordered a bag of foxfarm. And should I get smaller perlite chunks? It wont be here til next friday but hopefully these guys will be ok til then. I'm sure they will but guess we will see.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

They are in MG potting soil. Fingers crossed they will be ok til then. I think they will be the time release stuff in there wont destroy them in 2 weeks time, will it?

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
They are in MG potting soil. Fingers crossed they will be ok til then. I think they will be the time release stuff in there wont destroy them in 2 weeks time, will it?
It's hard to tell, but i doubt itd destroy them. The roots might be more established so theyll have a bit more shock. And larger perlite will be better.

Madbud

Madbud

MG potting soil grows big plants, everybody has used it at first. Theres just better choices for flowering cannabis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom