Reserva Privada OG Kush not OG?

• Thread starter Ganjafarmer562
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Hey farmers, I just ran my pack of Reserva Privada OG kush and ended up with a dud. The flowers turned out to be a peppery spicy smell, no where close to the fuely, piney, lemon smell of the traditional OG. Has anyone else ran this strain with the same issues? I do have to say I grabbed this pack in the summer of 2010 after it was sold out for about a year on attitude. Maybe they stuck some random shit in the pack to make some $. I am not slamming Reserva/DNA, because I have usually had great results with their genetics. I just was bummed to get the same exact dud pheno in the only 4 of 6 that survived germination.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

ran a OG Kush x NL and got the OG kush look.. but got a peppery spice smell that i loved.. honestly. i kept it around.. Special K is the strain name.

I

ibTheMan

RP has been putn out some Crap OG , and OG#18 for ah while now from what ive read and saw.
i ran there Sour Kush(6 pack) and found some of the best weed ever(SK#6), i ran there OG#18 and found 1 real special one, but them where from packs over two years ago, i think they lost there Momma plants or somthin.
Get you ah pack of CheeseDawg from Big Buddha seeds, Dank and cheap for great seeds.

P

paulycali

Better luck next time

I personally dont like there gear but give it another try

Pheno hunting is tough

You cant just pop a pack of beans and think you will get the plant that pictured on the pack or wherever advertised. Just dont work like that

Some packs have multiple keepers some maybe one others you have to pop a few packs just to find one keeper

Good luck and keep on trying :)

B

BrotherBud

What's good GanjaFarmer, sorry to hear about your results man. I finished up some OG Kush, OG #18, Cataract Kush{OG x LA CON}, and their Sour Kush{SourD x OG} a couple months back and had good results. Also ran their Cole Train .

The Sour Kush was the stinkiest by far and the high was great. nice yield.
The Cataract Kush had little aroma while growing but once dried and ran thru my grinder NICE, high was major indica couchlock. Slow vegger, avg yield.
The OG#18 was a pretty ass plant, lots of branching, major frost, lower profile than other OG's I've ran(stayed short). Nice aroma, good yielder. The high was just OK to me but my circle of friends haven't stopped praising her since New Year's , go figure.

Now to address your main concern, MY OG s1's were uniform, healthy, long legged, FUNKY ASS broads!! Everytime I went to do maintenance in the garden they were ones I kept checking on the most because they just stank up the place bad, and for the life of me I still can't accurately pinpoint the smell; melting plastic? kerosene & rubber? the dead mouse I found in the garage the other day, I just can't say. Yield was ok as far as OG goes but the high was all that. So much so I got another pack and germed them 2 days ago, just waiting for a little longer tap root and then into the cups and under the CFLs they go.
Hope you do better next time,
PEACE -BB

zdub7k

zdub7k

I ran their OG #18's and got two keeper pheno's...one that looked and smelled great but smoked only ''good'' for an OG. The other looks less apealing..I called it the mexican OG, and It tasted, smelled, and smoked through the roof. Super pungent rank ass OG taste that lingered for about 10 mins after each hit.

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Thanks

Appreciate the feedback guys. I am not really trying to hate on Reserva or DNA, as I have ran and still carry a bunch of their strains. I was just super bummed about the dud six pack. Luckily I did order two as I usually do, so Ill pop the rest of their beans and hope for the best.
I am running a bed each of their Sour Kush, OG 18, Cataract Kush, Chocolope, Kosher Kush, Original Grape Kush, and LA Confidential in my larger room with nothing but praise for their genetics. I just feel dumb for not testing out their OG before doing 4 lights of it. I had an unknown strain haunt me about 5 years ago when I had to buys cuts off of local clubs we called the"pepper" after we finished it. It was total CRAP and smells like peppery shit. I feel like I must have done something wrong to get cursed with this shitty strain again some years later!

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
Ganjafarmer, what is your impression of the #18? I got some coming wondering what to expect.

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Keeper

I have always made sure to keep at least one mother of this around. It is a really nice OG, but not the best ever. It is one of those strains that tastes exactly like it smells, and for that reason alone it can be considered a keeper to some. It is an easy grow for an OG, so beginning growers can give this a try and shouldn't have a hard time getting some tasty smoke. She isn't as huge of a yielder as they try and rep, but that should be expected with OG. Just grow more plants! The finished flowers can be a little on the leafy side compared to some OG strains but its bomb trim if you are into making hash. Also I have two diff buddies who dislike this strain only because certain phenos have had this "curl down" effect on most of the leaves during flowering so they freaked out. Their crops turned out fine, it is just some weird leaf characteristic that pops up occasionally.

catdaddy

catdaddy

hey ganja i just got to say thanks to you and others for threads like this. it seems like their new releases hasn't been living up to the hype when compared to their old stock. i almost pulled the trigger on holy grail, kosher and silver kush, but threads like this has put the brakes on ordering them. sorry to hear of your misfortune and i hope the next pack will bring you what you've been searching for.

dirk d

dirk d

im running the og right now and i got to say i was so excited to get her but i always find myself wanting to smoke something other than the og kush. im cutting her out of the rotation. pretty weak imo. their kandy kush is real nice though.

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Thanks

I appreciate the comment. I put the thread out there just to see if it has happen before to others and it seems that it has, but I suppose nobody is perfect. I already have the Kosher and Holy Grail but not the Silver. I actually just popped the HG so I can't say much, but the Kosher is pretty legit. The only thing is that on one of the packs I bought from a local collective in said the Kosher finishes in about 10-11, and the packs I bought from Attitude say 9-10. I suppose these couple weeks matter on which medium you grow in and what type of grower you are. Some people prefer to pull at an exact date and other check the trics to see if their meds are done. Just thought it was interesting that there was different info printed on the packs.

catdaddy

catdaddy

yeah from what i've been seeing in most threads a lot of people haven't been happy with their results from the new stock from dna/reserva lately. the kosher has caught my attention plenty of times but i've only seen one complete thread on them, and it was a actual clone from the mother not from seed. i just might grab them, let swerve tell it that is the only real og in seed form that dna/reserva has atm. if i do i'll pop one and post when the time comes.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

DNA said the OGK was SFV. Ive ran the fem gear of OGK from RP and its piney lemony. Hits fast and has an uphigh. Heavy feeder. I'm addicted to the taste and the high is pretty potent.

OGK COLA

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

there needs to be some proper spotlight on kosher kush soon, some A++ buds for sure

Ganja you got any shots of her?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

That sucks u didn't find ur keeper u were looking 4.. But I'm glad 2 see u trying again good luck on these next seeds ur poppin

A

AshMea

Mine wasn't that great either. Mine was rather skunky but the trichs were beautiful at least. It was good but not what I wanted. I haven't given them another try though since there are just too many strains to go through to find what's good. However, I still have some beans so after reading this I'll just have to give it another go.

Let us know how things are going for ya.
~Ash

catdaddy

catdaddy

Mine wasn't that great either. Mine was rather skunky but the trichs were beautiful at least. It was good but not what I wanted. I haven't given them another try though since there are just too many strains to go through to find what's good. However, I still have some beans so after reading this I'll just have to give it another go.

Let us know how things are going for ya.
~Ash
which strain?

Latest posts

Top Bottom