Reset And Restart Living Soil Grow

• Thread starter cloudyhelads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weston

If you continue to have issues with broads, spray Microthiol Disperss. Once every 4 days, 3 times. Then rotate compost tea/extract and disperss every 4 days 2 times. Sulfur is only contact killer for broads/russets..

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

If you continue to have issues with broads, spray Microthiol Disperss. Once every 4 days, 3 times. Then rotate compost tea/extract and disperss every 4 days 2 times. Sulfur is only contact killer for broads/russets..
Weston, thank you for the recommendation and your interest in my struggle. I am seeing a few references to this product on the internet. Very few re cannabis. You used it with success. Was it hard on the plants? Ewc tea Foliar is to colonize leaf surfaces with beneficial microbes? Have you continued that as ipm strategy? I am looking for a way to keep the bugs away without killing my plants with a continued prophylactic regimen.

W

Weston

I have used and been successful on broads. Any micronized sulfur will work, some people use the burners but I feel like I get better coverage with spraying.. the microbials from the tea with colonize and help with plant resistance as well as eat any residual sulfur left on the leaf surface..

W

Weston

Sulfur is a secondary nutrient that’s normally a bit lacking in soils so the spray doesn’t normally burn anything unless you really over do it.. I’d release swirski mites in flower once everything is clean.. very good for preventative..

W

Weston

Also the sulphur is only to kill the broads, it has no affect for preventative, so once they r dead u switch to ur pfr 97 and compost tea/extract weekly and ur golden

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

That’s great information. I haven’t tried the Swirskis but I’m a little down on purchasing bugs. I appreciate the heads up on the micronized sulfur and the tea Foliar.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

@Weston its sounds like you have had to deal with them before and got rid of them. Is this what you do to take care of them? Down to the swirskis...

@cloudyhelads
I hope that sulfur works out for you bro!!! I've been following to see their demise!

W

Weston

@axelrose if they become present in a room, yes this is the steps we take to rid ourselves of them. It is not something done weekly or monthly, only we identify a broad or russet do we take these steps. All other ipm is mainly suff oil x weekly if something is persistent (mineral oil that suffocates soft bodied insects killing all and not allowing them to build a tolerance. Also good pm preventative.) . and for purely preventative with no to low pest pressure you can do compost extract weekly and just build up tha microbial population!

And last but not least while growing in soil your best ipm is going to be building a healthy plant with strong immune system. Which starts with having a healthy soil. There are many posts on here from guys like @growru that can point you in a good direction. Always good to start with a soil test from Logan labs to get an idea of what your working with..

Happy growing

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I tried mineral oil before and found it very hard on my plants. Like they got truly banged up. I can’t imagine doing that on the regular. I am being very careful to not spray anything on the buds. My soil is Logan labs tested and tuned up properly. I was going to test again after I flower out a dozen or so plants in it. Hoping if I continue with solid ipm strategy I can cycle out of the bugs. Thank you for giving a shit and reading and offering recommendations. I appreciate all the info and support.

W

Weston

Not all mineral oils are the same. Suff oilx is in my personal opinion the best product I’ve found for overall ipm.. if used improperly yes it can have ill affects, for example if you have an overlay windy environment, or if you turn lights on to soon, or if you have plants that are suffering from water stress (be it over or underwatering). But if used properly it works wonders. It’s only mode of action is suffocation, so apply it without a ton of run off and be sure it’s dry in 2 hours or less and there won’t be any I’ll affects on plants. 20-30 ml per gallon. Won’t do anything for your broads though.. Being perpetual will be your largest hurdle with the broads..

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I am expecting the Chocolate Chunk to finish up soon, but I am not seeing any amber heads on the thrichs. About 50/50 clear and cloudy. Prf-97 this am. Made some dry sift screens. Started sifting through a bunch of larf I have frozen. Kind of a relaxing hobby.

30A337D7 5B8D 4291 8041 304A3753D385
43310384 226D 4209 8ED2 FA00380E84D8
cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Popped in a White widow to the flower bag. The Chem Og is showing a couple amber heads. Not too many and only on the bud leaves. The growing tips are still active looking. Maybe a week off. We’ll see. Chocolate Chunk still has no amber at all. The second Chem Og has taken off and is starting to put out some white hairs. I’m psyched to try the smoke.
The dry sift turned out nice. I made a 150 micron and a 50 micron screen. Crumbed the larf over the 150 and then scraped it around a bit on the 50. I put the result in parchment and wore it in my shoe at work. It melted into a nice delicious piece of hash. Haven’t had hash in years. Brought back memories.

Top Bottom