reverse osmosis filter.what are you using?

• Thread starter larebowm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Heres a question Ive always wanted to ask. When we flush, do we ph the water to the the ph we normally run at, or do we flush at a ph of seven?
Not all of us flush. When I was using chemical salt ferts, I would simply taper off over the course of the last month, finishing with molasses+water only.

Also, not all of us have to. Keep it organic, stay away from the super-high NPK salts, and flushing becomes a thing of the past.

souf69

souf69

Not all of us flush. When I was using chemical salt ferts, I would simply taper off over the course of the last month, finishing with molasses+water only.

Also, not all of us have to. Keep it organic, stay away from the super-high NPK salts, and flushing becomes a thing of the past.
So a flush with molasses and water and no ph adjustment?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So a flush with molasses and water and no ph adjustment?
Depends on the media, but generally, no, I don't pH the 'flush.' In fact, I think true grit and I got into a bit of a debate over that point. I find that rain or RO/DI water tend to hit the 6 range, which is where I'd want it in most events anyway. But doing organic anything, using soil food web methods, pHing is not necessary most often. I never pH my irrigation water, nor my feeds for my OD plants and that's never caused me a problem. What will is the fact that it's unfiltered, so I'll likely need to incorporate peat or some other acidifying material that will account for the high carbonate level of my well water.

Make any sense?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I guess I should add that I'm in coco. If I was in soil I probably wouldnt worry about it.

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

If the reducer is in 1 gal filtered water and around 4 waste...0 ppm and takes around 20 to 30 minutes depending on water pressure for a 5-6 gallon bucket.

The reducer out I think it runs at like 15-60 ppm if I remember correctly with well water and a starting ppm of over 300... 1 gal filtered to 2-3 gallons waste...

This info will vary with each system and each location due to variables.

Top Bottom