Review: All in Capsule - making gel capsules of decarbed cannabis

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So I decided I wanted some super low cal edibles and decided it was time to try making gelatin filled capsules. I purchased this, “All
In Capsule” , that allows a used to fill 100 capsules at a time.

Review all in capsule   making gel capsules of decarbed cannabis

I watched the video, unpacked and verified it came with all listed components. I had destemmed a full Ardent Lift canister of some recently cured “white widow” that I have been using for lots of my edibles.

I purchased these gel caps.

Review all in capsule   making gel capsules of decarbed cannabis 2

I found that they fit very well In The capsule filler.

I used a hand grinder to prepare the cannabis, but believe and electric grinder that would grind it super fine would be best. I noticed as I filled the capsule filler with capsules that the designed way to load it isn’t really effective. My capsules came attached so since I had to separate them I hand loaded each long end. When it came for the short ends I just dumped and gave a gentle shake. I found about 80% went the right way and 20% I had to flip over, only took a moment. I did notice one end cap was slightly damaged and I left it in place to see what happens. Well I followed the supplied directions and it worked perfectly. The one that was damaged didn’t make a mess but I did end up removing it. I had almost zero loss of material, and filled 99 out of 100 perfectly. The manual grinding took the most time aside from the decarb run.

So far I have used this once. I absolutely love it and will continue to update as time goes forward. I hope to do some more investigating and get some numbers on thc content and dosing.

Review all in capsule   making gel capsules of decarbed cannabis 3

All of these products have been purchased off “Amazon” for 36$.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I want to be sure people understand that the cannabis was prepared in an “Ardent Lift”, it must be decarbed. This process turns the thc-a (non psychoactive) into thc. Once it has been through the ardent lift it can be consumed in any manner. This is one of many, and I hope this helps others.

I have another review of the ardent lift that can be found here

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

So I decided I wanted some super low cal edibles and decided it was time to try making gelatin filled capsules. I purchased this, “All
In Capsule” , that allows a used to fill 100 capsules at a time.

View attachment 873848

I watched the video, unpacked and verified it came with all listed components. I had destemmed a full Ardent Lift canister of some recently cured “white widow” that I have been using for lots of my edibles.

I purchased these gel caps.

View attachment 873849

I found that they fit very well In The capsule filler.

I used a hand grinder to prepare the cannabis, but believe and electric grinder that would grind it super fine would be best. I noticed as I filled the capsule filler with capsules that the designed way to load it isn’t really effective. My capsules came attached so since I had to separate them I hand loaded each long end. When it came for the short ends I just dumped and gave a gentle shake. I found about 80% went the right way and 20% I had to flip over, only took a moment. I did notice one end cap was slightly damaged and I left it in place to see what happens. Well I followed the supplied directions and it worked perfectly. The one that was damaged didn’t make a mess but I did end up removing it. I had almost zero loss of material, and filled 99 out of 100 perfectly. The manual grinding took the most time aside from the decarb run.

So far I have used this once. I absolutely love it and will continue to update as time goes forward. I hope to do some more investigating and get some numbers on thc content and dosing.

View attachment 873850

All of these products have been purchased off “Amazon” for 36$.
Very cool. Would make it easier for sure I've been doing it all by hand but I only make 2-3 dozen at a time.

I've found it much easier not breaking up the bud before decarb and keeping wrapped up in a coffee filter after decarb.

I use to grind, decarb and just toss it in a mini crock pot with coconut oil and had to strain before using. Now I make a tincture, evaporate the alcohol and mix the sluge with the oil already heated. Mix for a minute or two and start filling caps. For sleep caps I cook for 3-5 hours in the crock pot.

I'm also using longer decarb time at lower temps and liking the results. 210-220 F for 1-1:30, depending on the moisture content of the flowers.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I made these using the 00 capsule too! Decarbed first with the ardent lift, ground up and put into capsules. Each capsule filled weighs about 1/2 gram. It’s an awesome sleep aid!

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Ran another batch but of my blueberry kush and loaded it into capsules. A couple shots along the way

Capsules long ends loaded and just starting to add material

4A97E9FB 9DF4 4909 86CE 8BC2B5A7365A

Shot from the top after loading and tamping... need to add some more to finish these off
AC76F0F2 7A7B 49F5 BCC0 6B7E9E14A4FE

Side shot filled

F6BC6865 473B 470D A222 60F97222E82D

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Having just competed my second run I again had a 99 out of 100 return. This time every capsule was perfect but as I was unloading them from the tray one slipped into my vodka tonic, and I was forced to devour it on the spot. I was ok with it.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Having just competed my second run I again had a 99 out of 100 return. This time every capsule was perfect but as I was unloading them from the tray one slipped into my vodka tonic, and I was forced to devour it on the spot. I was ok with it.
I also make tincture and there nothing like adding a quarter shot of it to a drink!

Dan789

Dan789

Ran another batch but of my blueberry kush and loaded it into capsules. A couple shots along the way

Capsules long ends loaded and just starting to add material

View attachment 874063

Shot from the top after loading and tamping... need to add some more to finish these off
View attachment 874062

Side shot filled

View attachment 874064
Didn’t notice if you were utilizing the tamper, to more fully fill caps, (I’m using a similar press 00 size). I do grind (mr. coffee electric coffee grinder) to a finer “grind” prior to the filling and joining...
When filling caps with decarb’d pot/coconut infused mix I’ve happened on using a flavor injector, works nicely to fill caps...
I’ve detected that the coconut infused may metabolize slightly faster, but not positive...
Just re-read your post, forget my comment on tamper...

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Didn’t notice if you were utilizing the tamper, to more fully fill caps, (I’m using a similar press 00 size). I do grind (mr. coffee electric coffee grinder) to a finer “grind” prior to the filling and joining...
When filling caps with decarb’d pot/coconut infused mix I’ve happened on using a flavor injector, works nicely to fill caps...
I’ve detected that the coconut infused may metabolize slightly faster, but not positive...
Just re-read your post, forget my comment on tamper...

Interesting about the oil infusion and the faster metabolism, I’m thinking there is somthing to this and will have to rest and investigate further. Thank you for your comment

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Are you adding anything to flavor it? Peppermint might be good...

I have not but am currently working on a combo for after and before training. One as an energy boost and the other as a healing/pain softening. Still working on my details but the future is here. Just working on getting some weight of high cbd flower and then everything else I can get through my spice dealers

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For anyone who doesnt have or want to Invest in an ardent lift, I've been getting nearly 99% conversion of THC-A to active THC, with no breakdown to CBN just by baking my material in the oven at 260F for 50 mins. Lab tested. I prefer to start with bubblehash or other pure extract so I can see the bubbles and when they stop, but dry flower has had just as good results by using that temp and time combo.

Dan789

Dan789

For anyone who doesnt have or want to Invest in an ardent lift, I've been getting nearly 99% conversion of THC-A to active THC, with no breakdown to CBN just by baking my material in the oven at 260F for 50 mins. Lab tested. I prefer to start with bubblehash or other pure extract so I can see the bubbles and when they stop, but dry flower has had just as good results by using that temp and time combo.
Doing likewise, I’m not going to be collecting extra stuff, have toaster/broiler/baking countertop oven. Pizza stone inserted, fire up o 250, wait 25 minutes, pop in as many 28 gram bags of pot to decarb that I want, set for 50 minutes, perfect.

Dan789

Dan789

Interesting about the oil infusion and the faster metabolism, I’m thinking there is somthing to this and will have to rest and investigate further. Thank you for your comment
Another thing that I’m curious about is the infusion, namely the optimum time and temps for the transfer of all the active ingredients (in the pot) to occur...

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I’m calling bs. Post the lab results. Tested a bunch of ovens and everything consumer grade is garbage at keeping stabilized temp. I have done it in the oven a ton and have had decent results. Posting 99% conversion and having test results- let’s see em

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Another thing that I’m curious about is the infusion, namely the optimum time and temps for the transfer of all the active ingredients (in the pot) to occur...

Infusion will differ depending on what the carrying agent is....

Latest posts

Top Bottom