right on!!!!!

• Thread starter chadd419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chadd419

so testedy soil for the 1 st time. thought for sure id be off somewhere. i mean ive thrown this grow togeather for shit less than $200 .

ok my ph was i would say around 7.5 or 7. looking at color chart. the nitrogen,and potash were in the medium range. phosphorous was a lil low so we will get that checked and hell yeah, gnats in check, soil stright well go.two more week.of.veg just to make sure things r good and gnats are for sure gone. then on two 12 /12 can not wait these thimgs should be good sized by then. till next we speak! hail odin for strength and Freya for the green thumb. pease farmers

Right on
Right on 2
Bannacis

Bannacis

Ph seems high, u need to be around 6.3-6.5
what's your water ph?

C

chadd419

umm yeah the water ph is a mistery to me , ive not been able to find a watter tester. how does one lower one ph ? that my friend is my question to you sir bannacis

Bannacis

Bannacis

there are plenty of ph tester out there, from $20- $100... amazon has bunches. https://www.google.com/#fp=aaf5b97b4bc8d6b&q=ph+meters
How you testing your soil ph? if your using one of those thingies with the 2 prongs you got for 10 bucks or so, they are not as accurate. if your using the little pills with putting your soil in the plastic case, just do same without adding soil.
There are a few home remedies to lower ph, it depends on mostly how they will affect your nutes when applying.
lemon juice, vinegar, I used a ph down for an fresh water aquarium, figured if it didn't hurt the fish then why not use it. it worked fine. google search works great for that kind of info too.

Ph chart001
7 being neutral

C

chadd419

thanks man i had that idea bout the fishtank stuff ,so now i k.ow

C

chadd419

also I was using the capsules to test my soil. will test water next feeding time about 6 more days and I will be getting the pH of my water right and retesting soil the works you all have been extremely helpful I appreciate every single one of you

IMG 20130824 180235 0
frebo

frebo

also I was using the capsules to test my soil. will test water next feeding time about 6 more days and I will be getting the pH of my water right and retesting soil the works you all have been extremely helpful I appreciate every single one of you
I haven't been checking my PH for a few years but this year I have had what appears to be over fertilizing. My soil PH was over 7 and my RO water is about 6.5. I have used a PH down product from the local grow shop, lime juice, vinegar, and finally battery acid($3.00 a quart at Interstate Battery store). I added some Canadian peat moss and will add sulphur this fall after harvest. I believe the over fertilizing was a result of adding horse shit that was too fresh and following with some enzymes to promote soil action. My PH still remains at 7. Does PH have anything to do with over or under fertilizing? My girls appear to be coming out of it and are 5 weeks into "bud" , but do still have a few twisted leaves. Plants are all 8 to 10 feet tall x 8 feet wide.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Battery acid...sulfer?...Are your girls ina test tube....lol....Jk... With all addies of lime juice and vinegar and battery acid with a too much horse shit (at 5 weeks into bud?) when did u add that...plus enzymes for soil action???
Your plant are 8- 10 ft tall and 8 ft wide...5 weeks of budding...hmmm raised beds? size of your plants bed?
You should always cook your shit with enzymes separate from you plant. But never use anything close to fresh...DRY!...then make a tea and add it...
But at this stage you prolly shouldn't be adding much of anything, too strong...as you are closing in on harvest. on a 8wk strain. if longer, I can see adding another tea for a couple weeks extra...10 week strain
You need to lower your ph 6.2-6.5
you need to use more nature soil amendments and such...

C

chadd419

Ok so all new growth looks good ,fliped my babies to 12/12. Well see how they look in week or two. The og r 9 /10 weekers, the haze is a 12 weeker. Anyone has growen any of tjese strains Platinum og fire og and amnesia haze get at me for tip warning s ect thanks farmers

IMG 20130903 164823 0
frebo

frebo

Battery acid...sulfer?...Are your girls ina test tube....lol....Jk... With all addies of lime juice and vinegar and battery acid with a too much horse shit (at 5 weeks into bud?) when did u add that...plus enzymes for soil action???
Your plant are 8- 10 ft tall and 8 ft wide...5 weeks of budding...hmmm raised beds? size of your plants bed?
You should always cook your shit with enzymes separate from you plant. But never use anything close to fresh...DRY!...then make a tea and add it...
But at this stage you prolly shouldn't be adding much of anything, too strong...as you are closing in on harvest. on a 8wk strain. if longer, I can see adding another tea for a couple weeks extra...10 week strain
You need to lower your ph 6.2-6.5
you need to use more nature soil amendments and such...

frebo

frebo

Beat me, stab me, head butt me. I guess you can't leave out details and you still don't get your question answered. I think I asked if over fertilizing affected PH? Obviously I was trying to lower the PH by using NATURAL LIME JUICE, VINEGAR AND BATTERY ACID(sulphuric - used in fertilizers). In 200 gallons I used about 8 oz. I added the horse shit in early June and have been trying to flush them out all summer. They have all mostly turned around. Oh, my soil was originally Ocean Forest with added pumice, compost, blood meal, bone meal, peat moss, etc. and this fall I will add SULPHER to help lower the PH. We are adding Kelp to the RO water every watering and molasses, Epsom salts, enzymes and an organic budding fertilizer. We make the fertilizing water 24 hours ahead of using it on the plants. AGAIN IS PH AFFECTED BY FERTILIZERS? - WILL HIGH PH TWIST LEAVES?

C

chadd419

Im still really new to this ,but i would think not as my ph was high and ive not had any twist of my leaves. Sorry i couldnt answer your question

Bannacis

Bannacis

:facepalm: Sorry about that, had a stone on and forgot that part....I re read what I posted...ooops. lol also re read yours...
The question was kinda thrown in there after all that info. give this ole stoner a break will ya.? lol ok ....
The twisted leaf has been noted in some strains. but I say not here.
The added Fresh horse shit prolly cooked off a lot of your bacteria and fungi in your soil, that could raise your ph. plus your nutrients you added....making your soil toxic. :spitoutdummy:
Since your ph of you ro is 6.5 and ur soil 7, that would lock out a lot of nutrients, and only a few would pass.. so either the lack of nutes or only some getting in, would cause your leaves to twist or curl.

C

chadd419

Thanks brother banncis, always.a welth of info. Off to the farmers market to volunteer. Good day all

Top Bottom