Ro System

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

I'm trying to find out how to hook an RO system to a water faucet. like literally a piece of copper pipe coming out of the concrete wall with a spout. is it possible or am I over thinking it?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Here is how I did mine, in a sink. Most of these portable RO units come with fitting to fit up to faucets. I would just caution you to set it up in a way that it doesn't flood your basement if you forget about it or parts fail or whatever. The ones with pressure tanks aren't as portable but are more automatic. I set this one up with a garden hose timer so I can set-it and forget-it. Before I bought the timer, I had forgotten about it a couple of times and it ran all night, overflowing into the sink and into the septic system. Its not a huge amount of water but still not good.

IMG 1175
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Looks like you need to remove the faucet, extend the copper out far enough to tap into it

Most likely need a qualified plumber

bankcee

bankcee

yeah that's kind of what I'm asking. I've normally had bathrooms nearby where I could under sink mount the ro. it was easier that way. but I'm sure im.over thinking it. I've seen some that have that faucet adapter that thread right on to a faucet.. but my problem is the last time I tried that water would leak from the spout.. and i had tried everything plumbers tape seal it and it would still leak I worked with it like that for a while and my water bill was going up to damn much.

I dont think hes askin for advice....

Top Bottom