Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Infusd

Where did you acquire the sour diesel from ?
You can find it pretty easily if you use the search. It's up on Strainly too from a local head that runs HpLVd tests on all their cuts.

There's multiple cuts of it going around though. I had the ECSD and it was amazing. Stunk up the whole block and the smell could not be contained. This is the write up on it:

The real deal ECSD cut from Chemdog. This hits like a kerosene truck plowing into you at 90 MPH. You can’t contain the smell in a bag. This is the stuff wall street guys were paying $800/oz for in the 90s. Grown side by side with Chemdog 91 you can see the similarities. They both are squat bushes that are very slow vegging, and long flowering. High susceptibility to fungal pathogens, and medium susceptibility to mold. Not well suited for outdoor in NY. Takes 11 weeks to get the Skunky diesel terps to come out. This is the Chaco cut of Sour Diesel, not the AJ cut. Hands down my favorite strain to smoke in flower form, also sells better than any strain I have grown and sold. Yields 3% from fresh frozen to 45-159u hash."

I don't care if it's not the "original sour diesel" it was the one that took over our area in the 2000s, and I prefer it over the AJ / Albany / Cloney original sour. All gas, skunk, sour & funk, no citrus or weird ass foxtailing like AJs/Albany.

Albany Cut / AJ / Cloney
ECSD / Chaco / Skunktek
Notsodog cut
Jay Plantspeaker Real Sour

Bunch of other cuts but you want one of these if you get it.

Haven't tried the JP or Notso yet but they are supposed to be the best cuts out there. $500 for a Notso clone though, ouch.

F

flodiy

I found a 2023 study that might be of interest:
" In particular, we identified a new class of tropical volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) that are major contributors to certain varieties with a strong citrus or tropical fruit aroma, while skatole (3-methylindole), a highly pungent compound, was identified as a key aroma compound in savory/chemical varieties. "

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You can find it pretty easily if you use the search. It's up on Strainly too from a local head that runs HpLVd tests on all their cuts.

There's multiple cuts of it going around though. I had the ECSD and it was amazing. Stunk up the whole block and the smell could not be contained. This is the write up on it:

The real deal ECSD cut from Chemdog. This hits like a kerosene truck plowing into you at 90 MPH. You can’t contain the smell in a bag. This is the stuff wall street guys were paying $800/oz for in the 90s. Grown side by side with Chemdog 91 you can see the similarities. They both are squat bushes that are very slow vegging, and long flowering. High susceptibility to fungal pathogens, and medium susceptibility to mold. Not well suited for outdoor in NY. Takes 11 weeks to get the Skunky diesel terps to come out. This is the Chaco cut of Sour Diesel, not the AJ cut. Hands down my favorite strain to smoke in flower form, also sells better than any strain I have grown and sold. Yields 3% from fresh frozen to 45-159u hash."

I don't care if it's not the "original sour diesel" it was the one that took over our area in the 2000s, and I prefer it over the AJ / Albany / Cloney original sour. All gas, skunk, sour & funk, no citrus or weird ass foxtailing like AJs/Albany.

Albany Cut / AJ / Cloney
ECSD / Chaco / Skunktek
Notsodog cut
Jay Plantspeaker Real Sour

Bunch of other cuts but you want one of these if you get it.

Haven't tried the JP or Notso yet but they are supposed to be the best cuts out there. $500 for a Notso clone though, ouch.
I remember that diesel from the early 2000s it was so fucking fire! The gas was incredible. Kudos to you for securing a legit cut bro 🙌

I

Infusd

Day 11 in the cloner and all 4 Super Skunks are popping roots. Not as vigorous as The Berry but 100% success rate on them before 14 days is solid and a very good sign💪

The smells from the mother plants are still going strong. I've been rubbing the leaves and still getting catpiss, rank onion, and some heavy skunk smells. Stem rub is straight up gross like a dead animal. I rarely do the stem rub but when I did it almost made me gag. It's really overpowering.

The "roadkill" mother is bushing up, will be cutting a couple clones off of her soon so I have a few backup plants just in case. Her leaves & stem rubs have a deeper skunk smell which is just as powerful as the SS but it's different. If these are signs of things to come they're both going to be rank.

'79 Heirloom s1 have a few sets of leaves now and going steady.

ECSD have some healthy new growth after traveling.

The Legend continues... 🦨

20240602 181142
20240602 181018
20240602 180900
20240602 180905
20240602 180950
I

Infusd

I can already tell this one isn't bullshit. It's a real deal skunk worthy of the name roadkill.The leaf and stem rubs are completely disgusting. It has a heavy, deep, nasty smell like a decaying animal with a faint skunk spray. It burns my eyes and gives me a headache almost instantly, but I keep going back to smell it again. I can't believe a plant smells like this during veg.

20240607 200604
20240607 200533

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Oh sweet Jesus bro. That's what the Ester plants are like in veg. I've smelled it before and you'r describing everything perfectly. I think you might actually have a contender bro. The Ester alcohol plants have a "Decaying Animal Ammonia" element to the smell. If the stem rubs are already smelling like that then the flower should be absolutely fierce. Please for the love of God keep us posted 😂. I cant wait to see how this comes out in flower. 🤞

I

Infusd

Oh sweet Jesus bro. That's what the Ester plants are like in veg. I've smelled it before and you'r describing everything perfectly. I think you might actually have a contender bro. The Ester alcohol plants have a "Decaying Animal Ammonia" element to the smell. If the stem rubs are already smelling like that then the flower should be absolutely fierce. Please for the love of God keep us posted 😂. I cant wait to see how this comes out in flower. 🤞
It's straight up gross. 🤮 It's not a catpiss ammonia smell like the SS. It's putrid, eye watering, death and decay with a minty skunk spray. I opened Pandora's box with this one. I don't even want to flower this indoors. It's seriously that bad.

The Super Skunk is like a skunky, pissy, burnt onion smell, but way more appealing than that abomination. The SS smells like the skunk I remember.

Will be sure to update along the way

F

Farmville

It's straight up gross. 🤮 It's not a catpiss ammonia smell like the SS. It's putrid, eye watering, death and decay with a minty skunk spray. I opened Pandora's box with this one. I don't even want to flower this indoors. It's seriously that bad.

The Super Skunk is like a skunky, pissy, burnt onion smell, but way more appealing than that abomination. The SS smells like the skunk I remember.

Very excited about you finding this phenotype. That’s so unique to get

I

Infusd

Very excited about you finding this phenotype. That’s so unique to get
Right on, same here. I was excited when I picked up this one, and was told that it's the nastiest smelling plant around. I did not expect it to be this bad though! I can see why it's been kept as a clone line. There's no reason to breed with this other than to turn down that smell. It's only in veg, but I can already tell it's a real roadkill skunk. It's obnoxious.

I

Infusd

Not popping any bottles just yet, but I'm 99% positive this is the sativa dominant RKS. I was never told the lineage on this but I'm guessing it's the Mexican / Colombian Gold influence, same as the original skunk that led to Skunk 1, that gives it such a brutal smell. I've heard that the Mexican skunks have that rotting carcass overpowering genetics, so that's my best guess. Going to get a genotype/ DNA test on this to see what it's related to and hopefully we can pinpoint it's origin.

Still kinda in shock because it's like finding Bigfoot. I didn't have a plan on what to do if I found it, but I'll have no problems spreading this one out to people who really want it. I'm warning everybody right now, this is the worst of the worst skunk smell you can get. I can't even imagine 10-12 weeks of this shit.

My skunk quest still continues, because the one I remember and want to find the most is the indica dominant, wide leaf, short stocky stinker. I have only seen a couple photos of it online, but it's identical to the one I saw growing back in the day.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I want the abomination. That death is what I’m looking for. Absolutely fierce flower is what I want. I’m super excited bro.

Beazy

Beazy

If we can figure a way to get a cut to Canada 🇨🇦 I'd stink this little town I live in to high hell ! 👃🏽 🦨 💩 ⛽
I saw somewhere where people are sending them to Canada in plain envelopes with thin stiff cardboard and chopsticks to make like a frame to protect them from the rollers they go through at post offices

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I had an ice cream cake from the reservation and it was as pungent as old skunk. I never came close with any cut of ICC I grew after, so they must have the gem in their collection. Best smelling nasty stink on weed ever since I was a kid.

I

Infusd

I want the abomination. That death is what I’m looking for. Absolutely fierce flower is what I want. I’m super excited bro.
Be careful what you wish for 🤣 That's what I thought too but this one has me questioning my life choices. She's big enough to rip off a couple clones so I'll be doing that sometime this week 🤟🏻 I might throw a few SS outside but it's still mid 40s/low 50s at night, so I'll have to veg them inside until it gets a little warmer. The season is too short so theres no way the "roadkill" will be done in time outside. I'm itching to get these flowering!

I

Infusd

Out of the thousands of plants I’ve grown, I’ve never been able to tell what the buds will be like in veg or from stem rubs. Good luck
Yeah I totally get that. Flowering, finished buds & a smoke report is the definitive proof. To me the stem rubs don't do much. I've been rubbing the top and underside of the leaves in between my fingers and that's where all the smells are coming from. I have 12 different strains right now, and I've grown many different ones over the past 25 years. I've never had a plant give off such powerful smells just from touching it though. The SS has good smells coming from it, but I can't guarantee it will be exactly what I think it is or want it to be. The "roadkill" is different. It makes me gag from touching it, but I keep going back for another whiff. It's seriously disgusting. It's definitely thiols/VSCs/CSCs, which aren't on any of my other plants.

Chem77

Chem77

Yeah I totally get that. Flowering, finished buds & a smoke report is the definitive proof. To me the stem rubs don't do much. I've been rubbing the top and underside of the leaves in between my fingers and that's where all the smells are coming from. I have 12 different strains right now, and I've grown many different ones over the past 25 years. I've never had a plant give off such powerful smells just from touching it though. The SS has good smells coming from it, but I can't guarantee it will be exactly what I think it is or want it to be. The "roadkill" is different. It makes me gag from touching it, but I keep going back for another whiff. It's seriously disgusting. It's definitely thiols/VSCs/CSCs, which aren't on any of my other plants.
As someone that smoked a lot of road kill from the late eighties and nineties, I hope you find it! I couldn’t even ride my peddle bike after smoking it.

Top Bottom