Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrToboggan

Very excited by this thread.

I’ve never had the “real rks” but I do remember skunky bud. I’m searching for it too. Have seeds coming from a few places, and will be selecting the best of the lot.

My hope is to have something skunky and stinky for me and my friends.

On that note, anyone run Ag seed skunk#1? Apparently it’s pre-selectively bred skunk. I’ve got a few beens I’m going to pop on my next run. I also have some Kentucky Red hair skunk F2 from oldschoolchronic that I will pop as well. And im very excited to pop the seeds from I_GROW_SKUNK.

Thanks everyone!

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

I’ve never had the “real rks” but I do remember skunky bud. I’m searching for it too. Have seeds coming from a few places, and will be selecting the best of the lot.

On that note, anyone run Ag seed skunk#1? Apparently it’s pre-selectively bred skunk. I’ve got a few beens I’m going to pop on my next run. I also have some Kentucky Red hair skunk F2 from oldschoolchronic that I will pop as well. And im very excited to pop the seeds from I_GROW_SKUNK.

Thanks everyone!
Todd actually got the skunk from Heime Chebba who actually sourced the original stock from me. Lol. Full circle huh. What all he did with what Jim gave him, I'm not sure but I do know that's where he sourced his Skunk #1 from

D

DrToboggan

Todd actually got the skunk from Heime Chebba who actually sourced the original stock from me. Lol. Full circle huh. What all he did with what Jim gave him, I'm not sure but I do know that's where he sourced his Skunk #1 from
Now that is awesome, haha! Thanks for sharing with the community, it means a lot to me. I’ll keep updating once my seeds come in!

Question for you, since I’m new to all this. Is the skunk profile a dominant trait in your experience?Once I find the skunk profile, I intend to keep the line pure, but it would be interesting to maybe outcross it at some point with an afghan or haze.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Now that is awesome, haha! Thanks for sharing with the community, it means a lot to me. I’ll keep updating once my seeds come in!

Question for you, since I’m new to all this. Is the skunk profile a dominant trait in your experience?Once I find the skunk profile, I intend to keep the line pure, but it would be interesting to maybe outcross it at some point with an afghan or haze.
The best way I would put it is your gonna get a really good male and a really good female out of your pack that will smell mostly like skunk. You still get varying versions with Skunk the varying degrees. Some may even be more earthy like. I had to use a more stable version of the line to outcross it too. The skunk had a bunch of issues when I started working out almost 15 years ago now. My uncle open pollinated everything every year. He didn't know how to grow. Finally towards the end he figured out you have to take the males out or everything gets seeded. Good for strain preservation. Bad for instilling negative traits. For one she doesn't like being indoors unless you're in bigger containers. She hates getting root bound. She can get picky about calcium too. I suggest cloning everything until you know what you got. Take your 2 best and make seeds with them. Run 50-60 of those seeds and you'll find exactly what your looking for. Straight up road Kill Skunk. I offer the road to get there. It may be a bit longer to get there but the destination is so much worth the wait. Cool thing is, lots of people who get paranoid or weirded out by smoking newer weed can smoke this stuff all day and be just fine. I'm fairly sure there is around 1% CBD in it. But it's that old school, 90's throwback high...

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Thanks everyone!
Lots of ppl here on the Farm grew it and nobody that I know of got anything skunky out of it.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Todd’s Sk1
Yeah I heard most people say the same thing. Todd recently sourced (like last summer) the stuff Heime gave him. So what he does, if anything, I'm wouldn't know. He started lying about getting things from Heime when I tried talking to him, then admitted he did get stuff but it was in the mid 90's. Which I know for a fact is a lie because I was decent friends with Jim (Heime) and he told me when he gave Todd the pollen.

D

DrToboggan

The best way I would put it is your gonna get a really good male and a really good female out of your pack that will smell mostly like skunk. You still get varying versions with Skunk the varying degrees. Some may even be more earthy like. I had to use a more stable version of the line to outcross it too. The skunk had a bunch of issues when I started working out almost 15 years ago now. My uncle open pollinated everything every year. He didn't know how to grow. Finally towards the end he figured out you have to take the males out or everything gets seeded. Good for strain preservation. Bad for instilling negative traits. For one she doesn't like being indoors unless you're in bigger containers. She hates getting root bound. She can get picky about calcium too. I suggest cloning everything until you know what you got. Take your 2 best and make seeds with them. Run 50-60 of those seeds and you'll find exactly what your looking for. Straight up road Kill Skunk. I offer the road to get there. It may be a bit longer to get there but the destination is so much worth the wait. Cool thing is, lots of people who get paranoid or weirded out by smoking newer weed can smoke this stuff all day and be just fine. I'm fairly sure there is around 1% CBD in it. But it's that old school, 90's throwback high...
Thanks man, I’m looking forward to it. I also miss the days of being able to smoke joint after joint without freaking out.

It’s too bad about all the confusion about old school skunk. You with think with such a popular trait, more breeders would have the stuff or at least be honest about it.

It also makes sense to me about it being an outdoor strain. Biochemically thiols (stinkers) are very potent antioxidants. So exposure to ionizing radiation like uv, to me, would favor the production of antioxidant molecules like the skunky thiols.

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

Thanks man, I’m looking forward to it. I also miss the days of being able to smoke joint after joint without freaking out.

It’s too bad about all the confusion about old school skunk. You with think with such a popular trait, more breeders would have the stuff or at least be honest about it.

It also makes sense to me about it being an outdoor strain. Biochemically thiols (stinkers) are very potent antioxidants. So exposure to ionizing radiation like uv, to me, would favor the production of antioxidant molecules like the skunky thiols.
Actually you do very more skunky variants when using UVB and IR (730nm) indoors. I was gonna say that on my last post using those undies helps get the skunk thiols going. ✌🏻

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. If anything I’d be happy with anything “acrid”, aka not sweet fruit bud.
Gmo and lots of it’s crosses come out funky acrid. Chem really is where that comes from. Good luck if it was that easy to make rks there would be clones floating around 🤔

D

DrToboggan

Actually you do very more skunky variants when using UVB and IR (730nm) indoors. I was gonna say that on my last post using those undies helps get the skunk thiols going. ✌🏻
I’ve got a uvb bulb right now. It’s brought out some skunk from my kerosene krash, but only when you smell it from far away. I’m gunna be blasting it on my skunk hunt.

D

DrToboggan

Gmo and lots of it’s crosses come out funky acrid. Chem really is where that comes from. Good luck if it was that easy to make rks there would be clones floating around 🤔
I’ve heard GMO is good, but I can’t seem to find any reliable genetics for it. I do have some Chem dog seeds, but they were put on the back burner for my skunk hunt. Very true about it not being trivial!

I_GROW_SKUNK

I_GROW_SKUNK

I got an old North Indian Hindu Kush that reeks like burnt rubber and Chem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom