Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Infusd

So this Super Skunk is starting to grow more like an indica instead of a sativa, making me think this is the indica dominant, original version of Super Skunk from the early 90s (Skunk#1 x Afghani.) That's a good sign. The leaves made me think it was sativa but the structure isn't really showing that. Plus it makes sense that around here it's indica dominant.

The whole space smells like skunk and cat piss from those 2 SS & the "roadkill" skunk clone in veg. Pretty sure one of these 2 are the real skunk that everybody remembers. It smells exactly like I remember when seeing them growing back then.

The 2 '79 FL Heirloom S1 have popped up and are on their way.

20240515 212236
20240515 212045
20240515 214714
20240515 214138
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah the plants that I remember smelled exactly like skunk and cat piss in veg. It's the ester alcohol/ thiols that give off that certain smell. Was doing some reading through this thread and it is a wealth of knowledge.
Oh man! You'r getting me all hot and bothered with this Ester talk 🤣. Thats the exact trait that the badass old school chronic had. I've only smelled that a few times back in the day. I haven't smelled it since and I've been searching for many years. If you found a real Ester cut you will be like the Messiah, Jesus, and Santa Clause all rolled into one. 🤞

I

Infusd

Oh man! You'r getting me all hot and bothered with this Ester talk 🤣. Thats the exact trait that the badass old school chronic had. I've only smelled that a few times back in the day. I haven't smelled it since and I've been searching for many years. If you found a real Ester cut you will be like the Messiah, Jesus, and Santa Clause all rolled into one. 🤞

Hahaha yeah Ester knows how to get us going 🤣

They both smell really skunky but the SS has the overpowering cat piss & skunk smell. The "roadkill" clone has a mild cat piss but very skunky smell.

My money is on the SS being the skunk most people remember.

I can't take too much credit since my friends have been holding this cut for 30+ years on sovereign land. I was lucky to find it, but I knew where to look, and was at the right place at the right time. I'm no Messiah and don't want that type of attention, but I will be like Santa Claus!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hahaha yeah Ester knows how to get us going 🤣

They both smell really skunky but the SS has the overpowering cat piss & skunk smell. The "roadkill" clone has a mild cat piss but very skunky smell.

My money is on the SS being the skunk most people remember.

I can't take too much credit since my friends have been holding this cut for 30+ years on sovereign land. I was lucky to find it, but I knew where to look, and was at the right place at the right time. I'm no Messiah and don't want that type of attention, but I will be like Santa Claus!
Instead of a stocking you can fill my mail box with a clone cut Santa! 🎅 😂

Stokes

Stokes

Pheno hunt,
Keep it small and simple,

You think I would benefit from pollinating a couple plants for a seed run to deepen the gene pool?

Also, would you recommend growing in organic soil or coco? Or would it matter?

I cant get over how healthy those plants look in such a small container😂 Thats experience at work right there

I

Infusd

🤘🤘🤘 Hell yeah bro! Much respect 🙏

I see you're heavily invested in this hunt, (like so many others) but this thread is what really got me searching. Seen all the stories for the past 20 years of nobody being able to find the real skunks, and it's like searching for Bigfoot. Lots of hoaxes along the way, some bad reputations and bad blood from some of the people who started this wave, and a lot of bullshit to sift through.

I've been going pretty much OCD on this hunt already, borderline rain man, and my dog has been judging me the whole time 🤣. Many all night cram sessions, lots of bad leads, and a plant wrapped in mystery. But many of us have seen it, smelled it, smoked it, maybe even grew it, so I know it's real.

This is a true quest, so it's only right to make it official. 🦨💨

STINKFOOT
Top Bottom