Road trip question

• Thread starter Melizzard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Melizzard

Melizzard

Hey fixin to do a major road trip thru not so friendly states. Jarred and in the suitcase in trunk. Can they run our tags, access our database, and mess with us when they find out there are 2 card carriers? Can they find out with our tags? Any wise tips?

Xxoo
Mel

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dont speed, obey all traffic laws, dont vape or puff in hotel rooms, they will fine you. They cant tell your a card holder by plate.
Bring as much foodstuffs from home as possible.
If your going thru iowa I know an awesome lifesaver organic farm restraunt off interstate. Let me know will find info.
May want to hide meds somwhere just in case, surely your not hauling much, so dont worry have fun, youll be fine.
Last road trip we ate like kings. Brought 1 burner propane stove, frying pan, frozen lasagana, cooked burgers, made breakfast at rest stops, had sandwich fixins, homemade cookiesm french press coffee, 1st class.
Wont find any food worth a shit at restraunts no how and its a nice break to stop and make a meal, have a bowl, cheaper, way better.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

if it were me?
and the cross states were that bad?

roast/turkey bags into vacuumed masons with a hand wash in between and up under the dash or under the rear seat
i must look like a terrorist because they always want to look in my trunk

fwiw

Melizzard

Melizzard

Why would two middle-aged conservative looking folks be asked to open trunk ... And I thought we weren't required to do that? Are we and, if so, can they search luggage?

What is a vacuumed mason? And a hand wash in between what ... Handling the meds and jars, etc.?

I am heading to a clinic on the east coast for cancer ts and I jut can't go without my meds. Will be there for close to 2 months.

Xxo
Mel
if it were me?
and the cross states were that bad?

roast/turkey bags into vacuumed masons with a hand wash in between and up under the dash or under the rear seat
i must look like a terrorist because they always want to look in my trunk

fwiw

Melizzard

Melizzard

Last road trip we ate like kings. Brought 1 burner propane stove, frying pan, frozen lasagana, cooked burgers, made breakfast at rest stops, had sandwich fixins, homemade cookiesm french press coffee, 1st class.
Wont find any food worth a shit at restraunts no how and its a nice break to stop and make a meal, have a bowl, cheaper, way better.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not eating a whole lot solid right now. Kind of subsisting on a product called Orgain.

Xxoo
Mel

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

mel
not trying to trip you up or panic ya
i'm a old fart to btw so this isn't kid stuff

take your meds and put them in a turkey or roast bag because they don't let smell thru like a baggie does
then wash your hands with a alcohol or veggie oil base to remove any smell so the smell is even less then put these bags into a mason jar and vacuum seal with a vacuum sealer from any walmart etc

i wish you were close as i would make it so but unfortunetly your not

good luck in your trip and better luck in your treatment

i know this is above and beyond but there will be zero odor for anybody to give you crap over and if you need 2 months worth then use under back seat for room

as chickenman above pointed out, keep to the limits plus 2--3 mph and you'll be fine

regarding searching? not without a warrant but they will try to intimidate you into it but tell them NO

odds are you won't have any issues but it's nice to be prepared

for some weird reason i got all teary eyed typing this and i don't even know you

weird

have a safe trip

fwiw

coloradochem

coloradochem

Best wishes on your treatment! i hope it is sucessful. I think you should be fine with your meds as long as you take a few of the above mentioned suggestions.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Ok so would buried deeply on a tightly packed A3 bag in the trunk be better than under the back seat? I think the thing I'm worried most about is my ssv. It's too big to squeeze in a duffel but it comes in an awesome hemp bag. The bag does say ssv vaporizer on it. Is that an issue ... Again, in the trunk (or under back seat if u think thats safer)?

Xxoo
Mel

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Unfornatley, two middle age folks headin accross country is the biggest safe bet on the profile being right as far as the police are concerned..that is pretty much what they are lookin for these days..you are the poster child of interstate drug traffic oddly enough.

Out of state tags are goin to screw you no matter what, that is pretty much an instant reason to pull you over...Colorado does not have inspection stickers visable in the front windshield so just about every other states cops can tell from a mile away and at 100 miles an hour your an out of stater or you breakin local laws with no sticker, either way your havin a chat...I have been told by Texas officers that they pull over any and all out of state tags no matter what...I was told this as my passenger was being arrested out of the passenger seat for possesion of under a gram, so im not guessin..Houston cops told me they pull over every out of state tag which most cases was a rental car but they have a super high hit rate so they keep on keepin on.

If they pull you over on a mission, there is no turkey bag or jar that is goin to help, they started pullin off engine parts and door panels when they pulled me over and we didn't have anything but a nug, didn't really seem to matter..

Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Kansas, I would watch out, I mean they are gettin 100 people a week right now in Salina, its a regular cottage industry there, they have a complete little overnite system that will cost you about 5 grand total and your out with a trafficing charge..

There is so much large scale activity right now with all the glut of meds movin to other states the cops are on it big time...be super very very careful.

Tex

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

We travel cross country alot as I do not fly. It is a pain and I worry about the same as you and can not go without medication.

The best advice has been given, make sure you do not speed or break ANY traffic laws. Make sure you wear a seat belt always and make sure blinkers and brake lights work. Basically avoid any reason for a pull over, main deal is speeding.

Keep meds packed away in your bags in trunk is safest bet. Keep smelly types of food in your car, Mcdonalds stinks really bad, just dont really eat it!! LOL!!

Thats about all you can do. Make sure not to smoke in the car or right before you get into the car. No smoking in the hotel room either.

Hopefully if you do not speed and act normal, you will be just fine. It is a pain and sucks the world is such a place where a FREE human cant travel without worry about such things like transporting needed medication.

Good luck to you! Keep your mind and spirit positive.

Cheers!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
One time traveling thru utah I got stopped by state patrol. I had just finished taking a few tokes, had a renta car wrecka car. saw him turn around lites on. I ditched roach out window. He came up to passenger window, said he smelled a strong odor of raw marijuana inside vehicle. I told him No way, do not consent to search. He said too bad get out I have cause to search. I had hidden about 1/4 zip in baggie under driver door kick panel stashed in insulation.
He searched in vain,. He found papers, lighter but not the weed. As i was standing roadside he attempted to befriend me, saying talk to me ill go easy on you.
He asked if I was a med patient, said I can bust you for having it in your system. Finally he let me go with a speeding ticket, still gives me the willies thinking about it very intimidating, just what they want from us folks who only wish to be left alone.

B

bckwht

if it were me, I would just go ahead and have a solid reason to tell the cop why you are traveling...any hobby will work for the most part, just will require some research

For me it would be fishing..I would look up the intended travel route then coordinate a cross country fishing alibi..i would pack the essential gear for sucha trip and have some other fishing accessories in plain site if i were to get pulled over, maybe my boots, vest, waders, light tackle etc..in the back seat

be ready to answer questions about licensing..who knows he might try to act like hes a fisherman and in a friendly manner ask to see what another state license looks like (who knows anyting to trip ya up)..just have a solid story but not excessive details..if you were to get pulled over, just tell them you are on your way to another state to do some fishing and plan on fishing your way back home

goes without saying that a simple plan can be fabricated for any hobby..just take the time to prep so your not flustered if you get an asshole cop..be uber respectful and stick to your plan..it would also help to use a real hobby of yours as you might get a cop w/similar interests which could spark a small convo

just be prepared and think it over...i tend to overthink but it helps ease my mind

Melizzard

Melizzard

Well first leg down safely. One third of the way there. Keeping fingers crossed for more of the same over the next couple of days. :)

xxoo
Mel

coloradochem

coloradochem

good, and i hope all continues well. safe travels to you and yours.

D

DreamChaser

Best of luck to ya Lizzard! Wishing ya strength good vibes in comfort with all mine. Rasta don't fear the wolf pack hon. Do what ya gotta do n walk tall in the light. Them cops work for the great satan imo..........shoot 1st ya have to! lol

Seriously you run out of meds have one these lil'freedom fighting badasses sneak ya a dank Oz in the mail....no biggie.....actually way safer than driving it peeps may not agree but I'm only concerned about you n your meds n safety fuck laws n fat lil pigs....
....lol forget these cute med user illusions once ya leave Colorado.

PS Silver surfers rock! I love vapin pollen.

peace

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
If you tell the cops you are traveling to get cancer treatment and have some paperwork to prove it I doubt they delay you at all in any state. As soon as they would arrest you they are now responsible for your medical care. There is no county jail that wants to have to deal with a cancer patient and incur the cost of that.

I say you have a free ride there and back again. Good luck and kick cancer's ass.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Safe travels & God's Speed in yer recovery . Do try and have a Bit O'Fun in the process , A Positive attitude will surely help .

I agree with Tobor 8 man in his travel suggestions . Just fly low & enjoy the scenery ,,, :mysterymachine::character0053:

Be Well & Good Healing Karma yer way ,,, :hi:

S

Sasha

best of luck to ya lizzard! Wishing ya strength good vibes in comfort with all mine. Rasta don't fear the wolf pack hon. Do what ya gotta do n walk tall in the light. Them cops work for the great satan imo..........shoot 1st ya have to! Lol

seriously you run out of meds have one these lil'freedom fighting badasses sneak ya a dank oz in the mail....no biggie.....actually way safer than driving it peeps may not agree but i'm only concerned about you n your meds n safety fuck laws n fat lil pigs....
....lol forget these cute med user illusions once ya leave colorado.

Ps silver surfers rock! I love vapin pollen.

Peace

DREAMCHASER go away asshole the farm doesnt want you!!!

Melizzard

Melizzard

Yeah scenery ... KS and MO don't have much of that! Damn but I'm glad I live in the Rockies! ;)

Xxoo
Mel

Safe travels & God's Speed in yer recovery . Do try and have a Bit O'Fun in the process , A Positive attitude will surely help .

I agree with Tobor 8 man in his travel suggestions . Just fly low & enjoy the scenery ,,, :mysterymachine::character0053:

Be Well & Good Healing Karma yer way ,,, :hi:

Top Bottom