Road trip question

• Thread starter Melizzard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightfun

I am heading to a clinic on the east coast for cancer ts and I jut can't go without my meds. Will be there for close to 2 months.

Xxo
Mel

Where on the east coast?? A friend of mine that is a RI med car holder spent 6 days in RI Hospital. He talked to his lawyer who called the admin of the hospital. He was able to use his volcano in his room anytime he wanted since he has a prescription for his meds.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Re above advice on making up stories:

Do NOT talk to police!

You have the right to remain silent, USE IT!

Do NOT consent to ANY searches, and be sure to assert this right in those words.

Be polite, but do not waver. The cops will lie and intimidate you - it is their job. They will exhaust every psychological tactic possible before allowing you to leave. Do NOT waver, and let an attorney deal with the rest if/when you are arrested. Do NOT show them your mmj docs! Read the ACLU website and carry a 'bust-card' to remind you of all this when you're under duress. Look to LEAP (law enforcement against prohibition) for more good info.

It's a sorry thing to say, but the fact that you're sick makes you a prime customer for them, and you'll be hard pressed to find cops in those states with even a gram of compassion. They've been heavily indoctrinated and their livelihood depends on busting you with something to generate as much cash in the system as possible. This is the 'drug war'.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
El Cerebro, True That! East Coast USA not a place to fool with the police! It is about them generating revenue! Please take that as truth you are a prime customer! They will take your last dollars..sick or not! Thank you for posting this up El! monkey5

C

canaguy27

Two of our volunteers packed up and headed east about 3 months ago. They got stopped in Illinois and harassed. The cop said "it's either me or the drug dog." They kept their mouths shut and the dog came. Somehow the dog DID NOT alert, and they went on their way. According to them, the highway patrol admitted to pulling them over because of Colorado plates.

Melizzard

Melizzard

So ummmm ... What about content? Probable cause? Can't force you to consent without probable cause, from what I'm reading, and having CO tags ain't probable cause ... Dogs or human.

Xxoo
Melissa

squiggly

squiggly

It REALLY REALLY depends what state(s) you're worried about. Ultimately the most important thing is to watch your speed, make proper lane changes (and know what that means), make sure you have a light on your license plate, brake lights, all that good stuff.

Never go more than 5 over, there are at least 5 states I'm aware of (in the midwest) which mandate that once a driver is clocked going 10 over the limit the officer no longer has discretion to give the ticket and must pull them over and write one.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Ma'am, you weaved inside your lane a bit and I was concerned for your safety and that of the drivers around you. Now please step out of the car. Do you have any drugs or weapons? Are you sure? Okay, then you don't mind if I just take a quick look around the front seat, right? I mean it's not like I need to go into your trunk or anything (until you give me even the vaguest facsimile of permission that is, then I will strip this thing down along with you and your luggage for the next 5 hours on the side of the interstate). Oh yeah, and then we'll go get the dawg. Now wouldn't this just be a lot easier if you go ahead and tell me the truth and show me the drugs so we don't have to get the dawg? Cause when the k-9 officer gets here he's gonna be pissed about missing the game, and there's nothing better than getting hassled by cops, except getting hassled by 2 cops. And a dawg. And that was 10 years ago, now it's minimum 5 cops before dawg even gets there.

All ya gotta remember if something bad starts happening, keep your mouth shut (harder than it sounds, so practice, really). And maybe carry some treats for dawg. Can you pull off the mobile crazy cat-lady gone camping gig? That might work too. Seriously, best of luck with your treatment and hope your time away is as comfortable as possible. That's enough of a challenge without having to also be a freedom fighter. Vigilant policies and thorough caution should get you there safely and back. :)

Melizzard

Melizzard

First off, middle aged couple. Second going speed limit. Third, sedan in fully working order. Fourth, get out????? Fuck no. And don't drop the window more than enough to pass the license. Lord, have we seriously crossed into thinking we already have no rights at all and are living in a police state? :headbang ;) Well, it sure sounds that way when cops are shooting people over traffic incidents ... But I stand on my rights. Seriously, if I get shot which do you think would be worse? Going down quickly or dying with shit coming out of my mouth from an abdominal cancer death? Bring it, dude. Honestly I nothing to lose. Fuck em. When I know there is no possible OR probable cause, they can kiss it. :)

Xxoo
Mel

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Yeah, just do that activist stuff at the courthouse later with an attorney, not out on the highway with Draco and his council of 400. I'll give you an amen on here whenever you need one, but important to remember we do indeed live in a police state, and are criminals in their eyes.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
first off, middle aged couple. Second going speed limit. Third, sedan in fully working order. Fourth, get out????? Fuck no. And don't drop the window more than enough to pass the license. Lord, have we seriously crossed into thinking we already have no rights at all and are living in a police state? :headbang ;) well, it sure sounds that way when cops are shooting people over traffic incidents ... But i stand on my rights. Seriously, if i get shot which do you think would be worse? Going down quickly or dying with shit coming out of my mouth from an abdominal cancer death? Bring it, dude. Honestly i nothing to lose. Fuck em. When i know there is no possible or probable cause, they can kiss it. :)

xxoo
mel

you tellem mel!!!

Melizzard

Melizzard

Well, I do take precautions. I don't fly off the seat of my pants. That being said, I do what I gotta do for my survival. That's why I'm alie right now. Seriously, there we s ZERO percent chance of me seeing five years out from dx. That five years is one month away. My cannabis extends my life. Again, fuck em. ;). Courthouse or side of the road makes no diff to me. ;). Here's what I tell my cancer friends who live in illegal states ... And I'm serious ... I never let legality come between me and my good time on a Friday night back in the day. I'm certainly not gonna let legality come between me and my survival now. ;) ;). I'm just a hard-headed, opinionated woman. Just cant help myself. It's how I'm made. :)

Xxoo
Mel

Top Bottom