Rockwol And Amazing Roots.

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

raincheck

Hey I have been following spurr on icmag, cavadge from gardenscure and yourself among others on elemental ppm usage. I was wondering what are your thoughts on making a nute program using AN ph perfect or AN non jungle juice base. The reason I ask is because I am curious about the effects of the aminos and the chelated ingrediants, fulvic + humics, surfectants in AN vs none in GH.

Thanks I look forward to your insight.

click80

click80

DS, when you are doing this in a flood table how often do you flood? I guess it would be easier to say how dry do you let the cubes get before you flood?

I am getting the roots out of the bottom fine, and they are nice fat hairy white roots, then they stop. Could it be because I am watering from the top? I have just put the cloning trays on a table and set the blocks on top and hand watered. I do let them get pretty dry and that makes them produce the nice roots that are looking for water but once out the bottom they seem to air prune themselves.

I am trying my best to replicate this so I was wondering if you think I would actually need to put them in a flood tray and flood from the bottom?

I don't think its my nutes because like I said I def get them started but they just seem to air prune. I have waited to see if they will get going again but the only time I was able to get them started was by putting them in some perlite. It worked fine that time but I don't think I will be able to get the perlite out of them. That time I was going into perlite and I will never use that again in a flood table.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I let them dry out to the twp (temporary wilting point).

I do think that flooding would help as, your cubes could dry, while still retaining moisture below and inside the cloning tray. try to have the trays totally covered so as to not allow light in or moisture out.

click80

click80

Thanks. I only water at the first sign of wilt. The best growth in rockwol is achieved at low moisture, high o2 situations.

Okay..this is the right thread...and as long as you don't mind I will keep posting here while i refine this.

After moving clones to harden off, I had some root rot issues. I used info from DS's other thread about preventing root rot in UC.

I had 60 clones, they were all showing some beginnings of root rot...

I put 30 in one table with hydroton, covered table and just started flooding as i normally do.

The others i put in 6" pots with h'ton, also put h'ton in table, covered table with plastic, put pots in, started it with .6 EC nutes, and Zone at 1 ml/gallon and H2O2 at 5 ml/gallon. I initially planned on just using the H2O2 to help get rid of the root rot but am now considering using Zone and the H202 together since roots are looking so good. I only flood when I could see some wilting on a few of the plants as DS advises.

The table with the Zone and H2O2 did great, the other table is not worth mentioning. Shitcanned them.

here is a pic of roots. This is about 72 hours after they recovered and reached the bottom of the pot. As of this morning they are firmly anchored and the plants look great. The roots are growing a solid 1 1/2" a day so far.

Obviously I am very happy fucker. Best roots ever. I have been very lucky up until now to have not lost more plants than I have.

I think I am ready this go round, since I have the most healthy plants I have ever had, to give some pk boosters a try. I was also going to give SnowStorm a try. Will take suggestions? Heard a lot about Cha Ching...maybe Snowstorm and Cha Ching together?

0221022204.jpg

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hey Squirrel, Im running a 4" cube SOG and had a couple question...I use GH 3 part and H202. I contribute my great WHITE root growth to a maintenance dose of 2.5ml/gal of 29% H202. I also run my cubes on a coco mat. Have you ran coco mats and what are your thoughts about them compared to slabs or clone trays?
and

Do you use any H202 to contribute to those fat white roots?

Thanks,

Gr33n

click80

click80

I am thinking about same thing right now. I am putting clones in hugo's in about twenty minutes, I am at stage one and was wondering if I should go ahead and use some Great White I have on hand while I am waiting on my Cap bennies or go without, or until Caps stuff gets here go ahead and use some H202 to be safe.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Hey Squirrel, Im running a 4" cube SOG and had a couple question...I use GH 3 part and H202. I contribute my great WHITE root growth to a maintenance dose of 2.5ml/gal of 29% H202. I also run my cubes on a coco mat. Have you ran coco mats and what are your thoughts about them compared to slabs or clone trays?
and

Do you use any H202 to contribute to those fat white roots?

Thanks,

Gr33n

nope, only h202 in the rdwc. But if its working for you - keep it up.

slabs will make the mat look like a toy - give them a shot. (i have a side-by-side up someplace).

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Hey I have been following spurr on icmag, cavadge from gardenscure and yourself among others on elemental ppm usage. I was wondering what are your thoughts on making a nute program using AN ph perfect or AN non jungle juice base. The reason I ask is because I am curious about the effects of the aminos and the chelated ingrediants, fulvic + humics, surfectants in AN vs none in GH.

Thanks I look forward to your insight.

AN is about the only thing i would never use. You could run jungle juice w/spurrs profile but why use the copycat thats already from the worst company in the industry?

good luck

click80

click80

I am questioning that amino thing anyway, just have not had time to follow up. If I recall correctly, AN directs you, at their site, to click on the button Worldwide so you can view the difference in labeling between US and ? , I guess the rest of the world. IF i recall correctly they say they cannot claim the amino's on the U.S. label. I forget if they give a specific reason or not. I am pretty sure that I have seen amino's on US labels with other nute companies. Anyway, I have been wondering about that, because they hype up the Amino angle pretty big, and it seems they claim to even put them in Carboload, if I am not mistaken. Like I said. Not enough time to investigate except for the fact that I did find out that plants do uptake aminos in the L- form. I didn't know that before....

The next thing I was going to check was some of the other labels on other companies amino products and see if there label lists them. I think one of H and G's does.

Sorry for butting in.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

AWESOME! Thanks DS, great knowledge. Can't wait to run the slabs. I will set up a journal next round let you see first hand what Im working with.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

AWESOME! Thanks DS, great knowledge. Can't wait to run the slabs. I will set up a journal next round let you see first hand what Im working with.

Don't forget that they hold much much more water then the mats. For a while you might only be flooding every 4-5 days till they fill in.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Don't forget that they hold much much more water then the mats. For a while you might only be flooding every 4-5 days till they fill in.

Im used to it - Im not an ebb n flow'r who waters 6 times a day, I always go to that, you called it the TWP. I understand you get asked all the time and I believe you mentioned you would make a new post about it but.... why no air stones in the res??? I run 3 airstones and 2 circulating pumps and it seems to work great. Thought an oxygen rich environment keeps the pathogens away?

click80

click80

Im used to it - Im not an ebb n flow'r who waters 6 times a day, I always go to that, you called it the TWP. I understand you get asked all the time and I believe you mentioned you would make a new post about it but.... why no air stones in the res??? I run 3 airstones and 2 circulating pumps and it seems to work great. Thought an oxygen rich environment keeps the pathogens away?

Hey Green what size res do you have, if you don't mind me butting in. I am going to give slabs a try and am working some logistics out.

click80

click80

thank you...yeah...kinda figured it would be big. Crap. I only have 30 gallon res's. I might have to stick with hydroton until I can get some stock tanks (or whatever it takes). I wanted to follow DS's way of using slabs on top of cube inserts. Still wondering if I used a coco mat under slab and flooding halfway up the slab is sufficient. I think that is about where the level would come to at least. Tonite I am going online to see how much the black plastic stock tanks cost. I am thinking that would be the cheapest route. They are lighttight and I am sure if horses can drink out of them then my plants wouldn't be too picky about that choice.

Thanks again man.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
stock tanks rule. I have them, and they are perfect and cheaper than "hydro reservoirs".

Top Bottom