Rockwol And Amazing Roots.

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

The slabs will be legit, like I said, I will apply them to my next run and do a grow log. Keep your eyes peeled its going to be a Sour D SOG.

click80

click80

stock tanks rule. I have them, and they are perfect and cheaper than "hydro reservoirs".

Do you use a lid? If so where did you find it? Prices for the tanks are reasonable, so maybe not this run, but definitely by the next I could get one. I am just wondering about covering it. I am so used to having covered reservoirs I don't even know if some people go without covers?

I found all kinds of different types of plastic tanks, but most that looked might they could be used as reservoirs were either translucent white (that had covers), or were not only white but had small openings and would be hard to clean. I didn't spend too much time looking cause I got stuff to get done, so any advice would be appreciated. I will at some point be getting one.

click80

click80

The slabs will be legit, like I said, I will apply them to my next run and do a grow log. Keep your eyes peeled its going to be a Sour D SOG.

I am still considering doing it with the coco. I have to figure out if the RW slabs wick well enough to work considering that I can only flood about halfway up the slab.....

I bought some SourDoubleKush from on the farm here and have 30 clones from that I am putting in one of my tables. I am getting ready to put them into Hugos shortly, as soon as I stop looking at stock tanks online and get some Hugo's soaked and Ph'd....I basically do SOG, but I have found with Deathstar that I get better yields by not clumping them up. In a 3x6 I will put in 6-7 rows of four.

I will keep an eye out for yours....

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Do you use a lid? If so where did you find it? Prices for the tanks are reasonable, so maybe not this run, but definitely by the next I could get one. I am just wondering about covering it. I am so used to having covered reservoirs I don't even know if some people go without covers?

I found all kinds of different types of plastic tanks, but most that looked might they could be used as reservoirs were either translucent white (that had covers), or were not only white but had small openings and would be hard to clean. I didn't spend too much time looking cause I got stuff to get done, so any advice would be appreciated. I will at some point be getting one.

I don't have lids on anything... Too much piping going in and out do deal with a lid. then I would need unions, and res changes would take too long.,

click80

click80

Thanks...yes the lids are a PITA. Same as covering tables with plastic. That's another one I am rethinking.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I use a piece of plywood covered in panda paper plastic, nice and easy. That sounds cool click, let me know how it goes.

DS,

how did you flush your slabs when you were running them? can't believe nobody ever asked. it would seem just flooding with ph'd water wouldn't cut it.

C

Chance Last

AWESOME! Thanks DS, great knowledge. Can't wait to run the slabs. I will set up a journal next round let you see first hand what Im working with.
Love my slabs! 4 " cubes into 3'slabs is GREAT. One plant per slab. 3 under each 1k.. I'd say its equivalent to a 5 gallon bucket as far as root space..give or take! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Top Bottom