Rockwool and Jacks? TF Says why the hell not? Take II

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Cross of the year no doubt.

Just set up a recirc drip for my humble tent. Ppm spikes/salt build-up has bit me for the last time. Wondering if I'm going to need Zone now?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I had wifis kind of all over the place. My favorite I lost, it was a champion. The next best was one that smells exactly like lemon pine sol. 2 didn't have much smell at all. Some had a chunky, classic OG structure, and others had more of a hybrid structure for sure. I would say 8 out of 10 were keepers.

This is why I've always stayed on the live cuttings side of the tracks. But, change and grow, I guess- I am very, very interested in picking up a 'champion' or 'keeper' wifi; who do I buy the seeds from, and how many should I get in order to help guarantee I'll get some good phenos?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Cross of the year no doubt.

Just set up a recirc drip for my humble tent. Ppm spikes/salt build-up has bit me for the last time. Wondering if I'm going to need Zone now?

What do you mean by 'recirc drip'? At a guess, you're talking about recirculating what would otherwise be dtw runoff? If that's the case, you will want hygrozyme and H&G's Drip Clean.

If not, then clue me in?

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

What do you mean by 'recirc drip'? At a guess, you're talking about recirculating what would otherwise be dtw runoff? If that's the case, you will want hygrozyme and H&G's Drip Clean.

If not, then clue me in?

3x3 tray, 200 gph pump, small res, not dtw. Haven't set up my timer yet, but run0ff goes back to the res under the tray. Now I have to learn all about recirculating hydro - like what to do if ppms are rising? Add back straight ro, or ro + calMg?, etc. I'm running Jacks but have Drip Clean for normal feeding and FloraKleen for flush. Why would I need Hygrozyme?

Only set it up just yesterday & love it already. So easy to flush my pots. And salt buildup should be a thing of the past. I will have to run more plants & flip quicker since I did lose some headroom. I used a mess of hose but am already planning to convert to pvc frame. Sry for the threadjack TF!

ttystikk

ttystikk

3x3 tray, 200 gph pump, small res, not dtw. Haven't set up my timer yet, but run0ff goes back to the res under the tray. Now I have to learn all about recirculating hydro - like what to do if ppms are rising? Add back straight ro, or ro + calMg?, etc. I'm running Jacks but have Drip Clean for normal feeding and FloraKleen for flush. Why would I need Hygrozyme?

Only set it up just yesterday & love it already. So easy to flush my pots. And salt buildup should be a thing of the past. I will have to run more plants & flip quicker since I did lose some headroom. I used a mess of hose but am already planning to convert to pvc frame. Sry for the threadjack TF!

Topfeed irrigation into- what is your growth media?- then runoff is channeled back into res. to be reused. Is the res. pretty big? How much and how often do you feed your girls?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey guys, hope you're not dead of boredom by now. I got the goods though. I narrowed my favorites down to a few, and there are a couple so far that look like #1 & #2 ranked out of all of them. I have been sampling all of the phenos to get just to this point. One afternoon, I smoked a small sample of all of them. Needless to say, I was very, very, faded. Well, without further delays, here are the top White Fire's (in no particular order):

IMG 3223

IMG 3200

IMG 3202

IMG 3206

IMG 3208

IMG 3213

IMG 3216

IMG 3218

That's all of them. Tell me what your favorites are. I know I have mine...

-TF

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey TF, they all look pretty good to me, but if I had to narrow em down on looks I'd pick 11, 6, 12, 13, 2 in no particular order. Probably not very helpful in narrowing them down, but they all look so good and I'm judging only by looks(wish I wasn't, lol). Which is your fav? I wish I could smoke some of that and help you pick! keep it up bro, your killing it.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

They all are nice, but #12 seems like it has the best traits for wifi. Smell, taste, bag appeal, high. The #2 is also a bad mother fucker. It has a strong high, the most crystals, huge colas, and a more compact stature.

-TF

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Which one gives you the strongest pinesol flavor? Save me a cut of that one!

Look at the red hairs on the #14. Firebush! She's a natural redhead and yes, the carpet matches the curtains. LOL

Where's an inappropriate smiley when you need one?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Darth,
not sure about the final flavors on all of the phenos, but so far it is #12! I would also suggest using the Jack's in a drip to waste instead of recirc. I tried both, and the recirc was sucking for me.

Thanks DJ! They are dope for sure.

-TF

ttystikk

ttystikk

Darth,
not sure about the final flavors on all of the phenos, but so far it is #12! I would also suggest using the Jack's in a drip to waste instead of recirc. I tried both, and the recirc was sucking for me.

Thanks DJ! They are dope for sure.

-TF

This sounds like good advice. I'll take it. :)

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice nug shots TF! Making me want to pop some beans and fish for phenos...

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Shady,
Great having you in the house! It is crazy, as much as I have two that are the clear winners, the other six top phenos are so good, that I almost hate to get rid of them. But it will have to happen. I gotta make a couple of killer moms for the run after next!

-TF

V

Vogh

Awesome grow room and plants....
I'm also running rockwool and I love the fast turn around cleaning the flower room.
What is your 1/4 dripping connector on the pvc pipe? I have been looking for something thing like that for a long time. The rubber connectors... what is it?
And what bulb r u using for flowering? R u starting and finishing with HPS or r u mixing hybrid/MH?

Cheers

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Vogh,
those are called top hat grommets. They are the best thing to happen to drip. Reusable indefinitely. Bulbs are Hortilux dual arc 1000's.

ronvmpc,
my nigga! Glad to hear that el chorizo grande is still in the groove.

Thanks all.

That run definitely showed me how simple I can make it and still pull amazing nugs!

-TF

SuspectOnFoot

SuspectOnFoot

After reading and loving your entire thread i am left with one agonizing question.

Rockwool. Drip or flood and drain?

i really like your drip set up. i am so used to flood and drain, i have never done a drain to waste system. what is the general consensus? drip with dtw? or flood and drain?

i imagine you use way less water in a drip dtw set up thus saving loads of money on nutes, but drip has always seemed prone to complications in the past for me.

can anyone please share their insight and experience/knowledge.

Top Bottom