Rockwool Soaked In Undercurrent

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Top feed ftw with rockwool bro. The salts need to be replenished every day in the block thus adjusting ph, and all sorts of good stuff.

Unless you mean when rooting I've never heard this one but if you mean during rooting yeah that is an option but I'm disabled so I can hand feed as well till they drop.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hmm, was it a water level issue? The concept is that it barely gets wet then drains back, did you remove the paper surrounding the rw? It usually drains in mins. Like it’s hydroscopic, shouldn’t really hold water long.
Curious? Pls post pic of setup and the wool
dump the RW you want your roots to breathe. RW will drown them.

straincreation

straincreation

Unless you mean when rooting I've never heard this one but if you mean during rooting yeah that is an option but I'm disabled so I can hand feed as well till they drop.
You have never heard of top feeding, its what you do when you feed from "the top"

S

Shawnery

This is the weird thing though. Last grow I did all the same things but less evolved. Last grow my rockwool never got soaked like this. Then for it to be soaked after 3 days of no water is strange. It's almost like its sucking the humidity out of the room which I keep at 70%.

straincreation

straincreation

This is the weird thing though. Last grow I did all the same things but less evolved. Last grow my rockwool never got soaked like this. Then for it to be soaked after 3 days of no water is strange. It's almost like its sucking the humidity out of the room which I keep at 70%.
It may be a transiration problem but it sounds like over watering, and under developed root system, your gonna have all around improved quality it you top feed theres almost no salt buildup, and your plents get fresh nutes everytime. If the roots were active and no salt build up they would have used the water up atlready in the cube.

S

Shawnery

I did pretty well last time with quality and amount with a much worse rdwc system. Everything was the same except the size of the net cups. I'll be going back to 5" cups this next grow just to be safe. There's thousands of grow diaries of great rockwool hydroton rdwc grows. Something just went horribly wrong this time.

I do agree that it sucks in general for rdwc and will start to build out a aero cloner so from now on all that will be in the net cup is stem, roots and hydroton!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Rockwool has the best air to substrate ratio known to agriculture. So no it wont if you know what your doing
Wrong answer, rdwc does. But I hear you on the RW I cant speak for dudes skill set. In the hands of the unknowing RW can create issues!!!!

Ah shyt I missed the part where you said " air to substrate"

You got me.:D rdwc doesn't have any substrate

straincreation

straincreation

I did pretty well last time with quality and amount with a much worse rdwc system. Everything was the same except the size of the net cups. I'll be going back to 5" cups this next grow just to be safe. There's thousands of grow diaries of great rockwool hydroton rdwc grows. Something just went horribly wrong this time.

I do agree that it sucks in general for rdwc and will start to build out a aero cloner so from now on all that will be in the net cup is stem, roots and hydroton!
I waz under the inmpression you were doing a flood and drain type thing. I use hugos so thay is what i was picturing GL bro!

S

Shawnery

I waz under the inmpression you were doing a flood and drain type thing. I use hugos so thay is what i was picturing GL bro!
I appreciate the effort either way! I've seemed to burn a few bridges. Not from being overtly rude but by being subjective about my adherence to advice.

straincreation

straincreation

I appreciate the effort either way! I've seemed to burn a few bridges. Not from being overtly rude but by being subjective about my adherence to advice.
Forsure facts are facts so thats what i tent to stick to.
Happy farmin

C

cannasaurus

in DWC/RDWC rockwool can have issues. rockwool is meant for drip irrigation or ebb&flow. in RDWC bareroot works, i'm going to try starting in coco and transplanting to RDWC as an alternative because I gave up on rockwool.

S

Shawnery

Best advice Heisenbubble, this allowed me to setup each cup individually, helps with my very uneven garage floor. Now all the bubble levels in each bucket is perfect!

I always fill my water with 1 net pot in the system with about 1/3 rocks in the pot.i fill until I can see the water bubbling right below the rocks.

S

Shawnery

This is something simple that I should know when I don't, if I was to top feed until my roots drop how much and how often should I top feed them until the roots drop?

H

heisen

This is something simple that I should know when I don't, if I was to top feed until my roots drop how much and how often should I top feed them until the roots drop?
I never top feed.it can be done if you improperly set your roots.
I wait for foots that are at least an inch.i hold the plug above the bubbling rocks so the roots are down in the water bubbling in the rocks.
As I'm holding it up I fill in with rocks.
It keeps my cube elevated but they still always get soaked.wont matter after a day roots take off as long as there not brown or unhealthy.
Big roots gives you big plants.

S

Shawnery

The roots were many but those many were still holding on to the bottom. If they had longer roots I agree but with the shorter roots I'd rather be safe.

Top Bottom