Rockwool to Hydro DWC - time to move?

• Thread starter ispy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

I guess I should try it one day. When i say I add it only once I left out the details. My res is 30 gallons and i top off with just nutrients and water for 2 months.i dont actually dump any solution, and i have always given hydroguard the recognition for this. A 20 dollar bottle lasts me all year. For one plant its 60ml at the start and then im done. I just know how breeders are with their patents. Its really my cheapest ingredient which is why I see no need to try anything else.
So you never do a res change? So I just did my first in the 5 gallon buckets after like 4 weeks, wondering if I should go on a a 2 week change or keep at 4 weeks. What do you think?
My current rule is to only add nutes once between changes.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So you never do a res change? So I just did my first in the 5 gallon buckets after like 4 weeks, wondering if I should go on a a 2 week change or keep at 4 weeks. What do you think?
My current rule is to only add nutes once between changes.
I make it a point to never do them, even if I should. I have aquarium test strips, potassium and phosphate test kits. I monitor nutrient levels individually and add only what its needs. Without testing like I do, I'd suggest you do it like most. Once you have topped off with your starting amount, do a full change. Ex added 5 gallons of nutrient water over 2 weeks, change it every two weeks. But if your deep flower and its drinking a gallon a day, well change it every 5 days.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I make it a point to never do them, even if I should. I have aquarium test strips, potassium and phosphate test kits. I monitor nutrient levels individually and add only what its needs. Without testing like I do, I'd suggest you do it like most. Once you have topped off with your starting amount, do a full change. Ex added 5 gallons of nutrient water over 2 weeks, change it every two weeks. But if your deep flower and its drinking a gallon a day, well change it every 5 days.
That makes total sense, because I do not add individual nutes like you, you mad scientist lol
Thanks

I

ispy

i meant to mention my bigger plant is really starting to drink. i have added probably 2/3 gallon this week alone.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

i meant to mention my bigger plant is really starting to drink. i have added probably 2/3 gallon this week alone.
I think your on for a good surprise. Have you grown before?

I

ispy

I have to admit I am getting a bit giddy about this now. Hopefully I don't screw something up.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

i have killed a cactus before... ;)
Well I had never grown in anything and started right where your at. Heres my setup 18 months later. Lets just say I dont plan on getting dirty ever.
I have to admit I am getting a bit giddy about this now. Hopefully I don't screw something up.

View attachment 1267743
Its looking good man. Honestly your catching on stupid fast. Im confident you can fix all the problems you run into.

I

ispy

Well I had never grown in anything and started right where your at. Heres my setup 18 months later. Lets just say I dont plan on getting dirty ever.

Its looking good man. Honestly your catching on stupid fast. Im confident you can fix all the problems you run into.
Thanks. I could not have done it without you hanging with me and giving me your wisdom and guidance.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Thanks. I could not have done it without you hanging with me and giving me your wisdom and guidance.
Just sharing the info ive acquired here. All props to the farm in the end.

I

ispy

I am probably going to wait this one out but I do plan to add a reservoir and RO. I believed you when you said it and now I see it - this drinks water. I have not figured out why but distilled water is as scarce in my area now as baby formula. In the years I have been buying it, I have never seen it like it has been the last 6 months. It is pretty cheap but just finding it is becoming a pain. Kinda odd. I suspect I may need to add another light running two plants in my space. For kicks I did start one in dirt to see how it goes.

I

ispy

question for you. someone suggested I trim up a bit and start training the top. 2 days ago i raised my light to get it to stretch a bit since it seems to be getting crowded. thoughts?

'you can take off some troublesome leaves and after that use low stress training(lst) to strategically tie down branchs and “top” the plant"'

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

question for you. someone suggested I trim up a bit and start training the top. 2 days ago i raised my light to get it to stretch a bit since it seems to be getting crowded. thoughts?

'you can take off some troublesome leaves and after that use low stress training(lst) to strategically tie down branchs and “top” the plant"'
everyone trims them differently. Id read up on this so you know what you need to do regardless what we say.

I

ispy

everyone trims them differently. Id read up on this so you know what you need to do regardless what we say.
OK. I read it and that seems fairly simple. then with pruner in hand I turn to the plant and freeze. lol I do know it has a lot of underbrush so to speak

IMG 5616
IMG 5618
IMG 5613
IMG 5615
IMG 5610

I

ispy

just got back from Mexico for the week. still going strong. had daughter tend to it while i was gone. going to trim on top tomorrow to clear out some of the larger leaves

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Looking good man. Your plant looks healthier than anything ive grown in a while lol

I

ispy

Looking good man. Your plant looks healthier than anything ive grown in a while lol
thanks! you helped me turn it around. 2 months in. about what point do you turn to flowering stage? timing or plant disposition?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

thanks! you helped me turn it around. 2 months in. about what point do you turn to flowering stage? timing or plant disposition?
Depends on size of room. If use 1 plant in a 4x4 i veg for 1.5 months. If i use 4 plants in a 4x4 i veg for 3 weeks. I supercrop them to make them fill it.

I

ispy

Depends on size of room. If use 1 plant in a 4x4 i veg for 1.5 months. If i use 4 plants in a 4x4 i veg for 3 weeks. I supercrop them to make them fill it.
started to do maintenance. PH up, PPM down, water down. I also noticed the roots have taken on a yellow color. is that normal or should i fear root rot here? just added more distilled water and hydroguard while i begin to lst.

Latest posts

Top Bottom