Rocky Mountain Dream....

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Howdy folks... I was lucky enough to get gifted a few females on a seed run of Altitude Farmer's of his personal cross from the early 90's. I will let Alt do the clarifying on exactly what was put into the cross, but pretty sure it was a early 90's Afghani x some green Mexi bud floating around... so far these plants have been very hardy and vigorous. Very easy to grow, eats whatever I throw but doesn't seem to need much, just very hardy and healthy. I have two phenotypes, one sativa and one indica in stature. Both skunky and throwing trichs very early..... here they are and props to Altitude Farmer for the cross, as he said hopefully it will provide good meds for CO patients!

Indica pheno-

DSCN0041.JPG
DSCN0038.JPG
DSCN0039.JPG

Sativa pheno-

DSCN0031.JPG

winta

winta

dam that does look rockin my dude! altitudefarmer killed that cross!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Based on DJ Short's description, I'd have to guess that the mexican brick seed we used was Oaxacan sativa of some type; but to be transparent, it'd be impossible to know for sure. I do know that the mother side of the cross was Afghani Skunk imported to the US some time during the 80's, and was cultivated exclusively by {the Happy Farmer}. The story behind that 'ghani was pretty unbelievable, but the 'ghani was righteous.
Last August I germinated some beans from the fall harvest of 1993. I'd held on to them for years, knowing they were special- at least in my heart, haha. Well, they actually turned out better than I remember; I figured I'd just built the cross up in my head... In any case, there are a few folks in CO who are now working this strain, and I still have beans. I'm hoping to use these old school genetics in a future cross, but I need a separate spot and I want to be sure I'm respecting the gene pool. Here are some photos of Rocky Mountain Dream, as it has been dubbed, but these were not trained. I grew out more seedlings than my garden could hold, looking for that special mama. I found three...lol. Mad respect to True Grit for taking some time with the girls- He has truly represented them properly, and will be rewarded with some stinky, tasty, old-school fire.

100_0124.JPG

100_0350.JPG

100_0435.JPG
100_0440.JPG
100_0487.JPG
100_0517.JPG
100_0556.JPG
100_0636.JPG
100_0640.JPG
100_0662.JPG
100_0681.JPG
100_0676.JPG

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Wow TG and AF, that looks frosty,tasty, sticky, and any other y's you wanna throw in there, good work fella's, would love to get a whiff of that stuff, I'm in, on the way to CO. Peace SSP

true grit

true grit

No doubt, getting frostier and more stacked by the day. I think the indi pheno smells cheesey fa sho. Definite funk to her.... SSP- bring yo ass on this a way homes!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have a nice little jar just on the final days of cure... drop in and say hello! TG, it DOES smell like cheese- wait til that sati pheno gets funky...

S

SoCaliSmoking

Altitude, that looks like a great cola on the first picture you listed. Wow!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

LOL, that pic went out on some Christmas cards to patients; it was my Christmas tree- it developed its own ornaments and tinsel...hehe

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

more pics

Here's some more RMD dried nug pics I took today. Pretty frosty flowers!!!

100_0725.JPG
100_0726.JPG
100_0727.JPG
100_0728.JPG
100_0729.JPG

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Yeah baby! they're getting gnarly... And the plants look super healthy, bro. I'm thinking 9-10 weeks total bloom and they'll be ready. I chopped from 8-10 weeks, and the 10 week buds are pretty debilitating, while the 8 weekers are just shy of perfect. Your environment may dictate shorter or longer; just keep an eye on trichs and chop about the first sign of amber. They amber a little during the cure in my drying room- I end up with about 25% amber.

true grit

true grit

Sweet, I'll have to check my flowering times.... starting to really let all my plants push it past where I normally would and am getting some really great chunkage real late. Kinda like what I was talking to BigBuddy about- people push OG's/diesels/chems to 10wks if they can be patient enough...he pushes to 80+ on all of em and says they are a different beast. Plan to do the same, think in the past since I was mono cropping I wasn't patient enough, its alot easier with a few plants staggered to sit back and relax...lol. Will most def let these go the 10wks....

winta

winta

dam them buds are yummy lookin for real! i bet u was dreamin about them lol

true grit

true grit

Here we are at almost 8 wks... straight flush from here on out. I can tell the sati pheno will fade to almost nothing by then. The indi pheno has started to fade real heavy the last week....time to wind em down....lookin great! And I'll be honest, i don't squeez or smell buds so I couldn't give a good idea on smells....

Sati-

DSCN0189.JPG

Indi-

DSCN0185.JPG
DSCN0187.JPG
DSCN0182.JPG

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'm happy to report she doesn't go 100 days... lol. I am not seeing a big yield in soil with the sati-, however, my buddy has one in his hydro table that has formed a big cola. The Indica in hydro are really robust, as well. I usually prefer soil-grown, but I look forward to testing out the hydro here shortly. I am building a couple dwc buckets just for fun; it's been forever since I ran dwc. Wanted to get re-acquainted in order to gear up for rdwc in the next couple months. TG, I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

true grit

true grit

Nah bro, I'm gonna enjoy the fruits of YOUR labor!!! Yeah the sati won't yield heavy but they will be dank. I'd most def run the indi pheno again with some more training cuz shes lookin great. Both buds look REALLY similar just different stacking.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

LOL, It was more an adventure than labor (back in the day), but I haven't noticed a huge difference in buzz on this past run between the sati and the indi, so I may keep the sati around as a mother, and run the indi on my next RMD run. In the first crop I harvested in November (ish), the phenos had much more pronounced differences when it came to smoking. I have a few little rmd gals just beginning their training, also. I just tripled my veg space so I can grow bigger gals and keep plant count reasonable. I'd cheer about it if I hadn't just spent the last 18 hours doing it! Set up pretty well now. I also sealing my new bloom room so I can supplement with CO2 to help beat the heat this summer. Adding AC tomorrow, along with tuning up the venting situation. So far I've been fine w/o controllers, but thinking about a rh/temp exhaust controller. We'll see how it goes in the new diggs first. btw, the ShinerBock Black Lager is a great frking beer. Those Spoetzl kids know whats up.

Top Bottom