Rocky Mountain Dream....

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Rmd milf

Norcal215 coined the phrase "Moms I'd love to Flower"- Well, here is my RMD Milf, over 4 ft tall and beastly. She has provided tons of clones for me and my patients. I'll be flowering her by the end of the month.

102_0115.JPG

T

TyKaycha

Can't remember if I told you or not, but my RMD Lil Momma didn't survive my vacation this summer. Luckily though I had given some cuts to a buddy before my trip (just had a feeling my plants weren't going to survive), those passed cuts were harvested about a week ago, curing now. Looking forward to finally trying it out! Will let you know.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Awesome, Ty. If you didn't get the right pheno, I have it. But I hope you enjoy those meds for sure. Vacations sure can be rough on gardens. I came back from my 20th hs reunion to a hideous spider mite infestation and temps into the high 90's in the grow. Shut that shop down and eradicated the mites from the plants, all good now. But it took 2 months to recover from a 10-day vacation...

T

TyKaycha

I got the Indica pheno. How many phenos have you discovered? I thought there were just two and were related to how the plants grew out (some more Indica looking, others Sativa), but the effects were pretty much the same. Is there new info?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Not really, Ty. I've run this from seed twice now, and found many phenos, but I kept the best Indica-dom and the best sativa-dom. The sati-dom is wicked smoke but lousy yield. The indica is 98% as good, but yields quadruple. It's also a little better for medicine, IMO. I'll be popping the last 20 or so original RMD beans as soon as I have a pollination spot hooked up. That will be a fun run for a male. I have a lot to learn about breeding, but I would like to stabilize this cross, as it's not far removed from old school goodness, and I'm researching technique, methods, and ethics to be sure I do things right.

winta

winta

got me havin a rocky mountain "wet" dream in the desert lol :)

T

TyKaycha

So my buddy who flowered it out, really likes the effects. I stopped over there today and picked up a 1/2 oz from him. Love the red hairs! Still needs to be cured a little longer for my tastes but may sample a bit this weekend!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nice, Ty. Hope they're tasty AND effective... Maybe throw a smoke report when it's cured? Maybe include the technique he used to grow it. I've seen it go crazy in hydro. In fact, I'm running a few cuts in ebb-n-flo for another few days until the rdwc is set up. Looking forward to seeing what they do in rdwc. The red hairs are from the Oaxacan daddy, i'm sure. The 'Ghani didn't turn out much red at all, as I remember. Glad she's alive and well in your neck of the woods! Feel free to share cuts all you want.

R

Rabbi

Nice tread, great strain, sweet flowers! great job AT and TG. anyone in Cali cropping any of those RMD phenos? Or are your guys keeping it a CO only dealieo?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Not at all, Rabbi. Will be popping my last 20 beans sometime in '11. If I get a good male, I'll start the stabilization process for the strain, and do my best to insure these genetics are preserved.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'd actually like a little guidance as to the proper steps to stabilize the best parts of the strain. What I have now is a cross of two landraces, one strong sativa and an indica. I believe this is called an F1 hybrid. These girls basically are either sativa-dominant or indica-dominant, there are a few different expressions, but they're all fairly potent. Soon I'll be germinating the last of the beans in order to find a strong male. I am beginning the process of flowering the 4 mother plants that I do have. They are all fairly similar, but I'm going to pick the best of the group to propagate the strain. When I use pollen from another F1 to fertilize mama, I believe that's called an F2 hybrid. The F2 seeds should strongly express phenos resembling the grandparent plants. I'm guessing there will be some super heavy Oaxacan-leaning plants, and some that look just like that old-school 'ghani. I'd be willing to bet that the F2s will produce some incredible phenotypes.
Now this is the point I get a little confused. I believe that at this point I need to cross an F2 back to the F1 mama, but I honestly don't know what the progeny of that cross would be designated. If anyone can spell out the best method for stabilizing a strain, that would be awesome. I realize there are a few more steps beyond what I've listed; I could really use a link to Breeding for Dummies. :) lol My greatest concern is not pissing in the gene pool and also not losing the original genetics.
If I can get some F2s, I could use some testers, but I'll also have to check with Logic about what's kosher here on the Farm and what isn't.
Peace

420king-MASSES

hey altitude go check out the sticky BREEDING FOR BEGINNERS it covers mendels theory of isolation of traits and how to pick in the f2 generation and how to lock down what you want hope that helps brotha

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

DER... I've searched a little on the net- But didn't check the farm. I was trying to see about non-cannabis-specific breeding, but that thread is way better! Thanks, man, for pointing out the obvious to the oblivious. Peace

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Last pic before bloom

102_0154.JPG

Here's big mama one more time; I took measurements today. She's about 36" tall, about 60" in diameter. Should pull at least 12 oz off her with overhead lighting. I'll be stoked when I get the vert set up- I'd imagine an extra QP or so at harvest. Will update as she blooms.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Surprise, surprise. The RMD "B pheno" turns purple at cold temps. This was the last blooming plant in my old garden, and the temps are hideously frigid in that room. She's just about ready here at 7 weeks- been flushing for a week- she could come down any time and pack a punch, but in a week she'll be quite brutal to the head and body. I have never finished my RMD girls with temps quite this cold; I imagine this is what we'd get every time growing these outdoors.

102_0291.JPG

102_0293.JPG

102_0290.JPG

102_0292.JPG

TortureKill

TortureKill

Looks great, cant wait to show you what I can do with the RMH. Thanks for sharing these beauties, and great work on the initial cross

Top Bottom