Ron paul for president

• Thread starter joeca1i
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fondiz

I voted for him last time. hope he gets more support this time. i'll be voting for him this time 2

R

RMCG

The ONE candidate that isn't riding on this 'Tea Party' BS.

99% of those tools don't have a clue.

Check Ron's VOTING record compared to these new knuckleheads that just rode a wave of voter discontent in to office.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Why USA is giving 1 billion $ a year to Egyptian millitary. Let me tell u this another way, USA own Egypt army. Why USA gave that money? Since when?

Since Egypt made peace with ISRAEL! Any FOREIGN POLICY done by the USA is for the good of ISRAEL. As matter of fact, ISRAEL now want u!! Americans to go die in Iran for them.

Still CPAC sound damn too close to AIPAC lol...

When u AMERICAN realise the bad AIPAC is doing along with the Federal Bank to ur country, there u will realise u owned by who.

The USA Fed bank, England Bank, Europe central Bank, Switzerland biggest trade bank, the City, Wall Street are owned by the same set of people! People own the banks that creat the money for the world.

U

Underground

You should turn this into a poll. Would be interesting to see how many Americans here would vote for him. I would.

B

Bluberry

I campaigned for Obama last time I was living in the USA, but I REALLY like what Ron Paul has to say!

U

Underground

I campaigned for Obama last time I was living in the USA, but I REALLY like what Ron Paul has to say!

Dislike, fuck nobama. But I'm sure I'm in the minority here. I say send his ass back to kenya where it came from.

420king-MASSES

Ya im no osama oopps i mean obama lover --i mean they are 1 in the same

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
We the corperations in order to form a more perfect company do astablish...

We haven`t been free for many years here in America,we are owned!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We are indeed. For instance, ask 10 Americans what they think of the people we've voted in place, see what they call them. Do they call them "our leaders"? Or do them call them what they properly are, our representatives?

MANY, many people right now call them our leaders. This is a problem. This, and our general level of apathy, for which I dub us! The United States of Apathy! (Not my moniker, can't remember credit)
i voted for him in 08 he is a true libertarian
Nice, except that I had to change my political affiliation, for the very first time since I was 18yo, because the Republicrats won't let anyone other than a registered Republicrat vote for any of their candidates. Been a Lib since I was 18yo, registered Repub to vote RP, then immediately switched back.

Do you think there is such a thing as a moderate Libertarian? If not, I think there should be.

As for whether or not he has an ice cube's chance in hell... unfortunately, not. In this day and age a future pres has to be able to present well enough to appeal to the public. Think Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, hell, even Kerry had he not fucked himself.

First, you've got to be able to present well on tv and we all have to admit that Rep. Paul is just completely fucking goofy-looking. Especially when he gets excited about something, oh man... I'm just glad he's now head of the House Finance Committee. O! How a Bernanke I would not want to be! :giggle

R

RMCG

I am hoping Rand Paul picks up where his father leaves off...

What would be a 'moderate' libertarian?

For instance...

420king-MASSES

there are 2 rand pals 1 rons son and the other rons brother //seamaiden i agree he gets flustered a lil easy but we all would if the question askers at the debates were cracking lil quips at you like they were him just youtube the shit he went through i felt bad for him which in turn enraged me enough to wanna start a true liberatarian party

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am hoping Rand Paul picks up where his father leaves off...

What would be a 'moderate' libertarian?

For instance...
You can accept that an entity that is NOT BEHOLDEN to anyone except those who pay into it, i.e. The People, perhaps should be provided via government. You insist that the government IS that entity, as it should be. Military, police, first-responders, education, infrastructure. I start there. Government, run BY the people and FOR the people, should take responsibility for these areas of societal need.

Smaller government is good, but anarchy is not. Full and complete privatization, in this day and age of The Corporatization of America (I think I made that word up), should now be seen for what it is--folly. I think I'm starting to rant.... When it gets political it's easy for me to start ranting.

joeca1i

joeca1i

Ron Paul Diss

I know he's gonna run,Don't really trust this guy after he said this [YOUTUBE]v=H_-0hMID67A[/YOUTUBE] This guy is a globalist,(AKA) with the nwo agenda

R

RMCG

You can accept that an entity that is NOT BEHOLDEN to anyone except those who pay into it, i.e. The People, perhaps should be provided via government. You insist that the government IS that entity, as it should be. Military, police, first-responders, education, infrastructure. I start there. Government, run BY the people and FOR the people, should take responsibility for these areas of societal need.

Smaller government is good, but anarchy is not. Full and complete privatization, in this day and age of The Corporatization of America (I think I made that word up), should now be seen for what it is--folly. I think I'm starting to rant.... When it gets political it's easy for me to start ranting.

I don't think libertarianism == anarchy. We would still have courts to uphold the law of the land and our constitutional rights.

Your rights stop where mine begin, I don't think that would change.

While I disagree that privatization is folly, I do agree that certain things fall under the role of the various governments.

When I think of a privatized police force, I immediately think Blackwater. Yet, IF WE THE PEOPLE through our elected representation felt they were out of line, we could do something about it, unlike today where corruption is rampant and the 'thin blue line' is pretty damn thick.

I've lived in towns where the entire FD was made up of volunteers. Were there taxes at work? Sure, but that is a STATE and LOCAL issue, not a federal issue.

I've worked for a company where they wanted to expand the buildings, add in chillers, new refrigeration units, etc. The local FD was not prepared to handle the ~potential~ emergencies, so the company paid for SCBA equipment, training, etc. Win / Win.

Dept of Education is a joke. Has been since the implementation. Our test scores have dropped nationally since they took over. Where do we rank in the world?

Dept of Ag - Stop paying to NOT to produce! Stop manipulating the prices of REAL goods, milk, corn, soybeans, etc.

Part of the federal governments job is to provide national security and to regulate interstate trade, ie KEEP IT REGULAR. That means Virginia, you cannot withhold tobacco shipments to Alabama because they boosted the cost of peanuts being sent to you.

They have used the term 'regulate interstate trade' to include EVERYTHING now and use it to manipulate state politics ie speed limits, drinking ages, etc. by withholding federal monies.

What infrastructure needs the fed? Amtrak? Yeah, thats a winner...

CSX and BNSF seem to be doing just fine maintaining their tracks and switches. Taggart Trans anyone?

The Interstate Highway system? Ever driven cross country and hit a state line and notice a DISTINCT quality difference in the roads?

I would much rather pay with an EZpass type system to a PRIVATE company that maintained the roads, removed speed limits, provided snow removal, fixed potholes, etc.

I'm sorry, but if I was waiting for the government to provide broadband on the scale that private firms (Comcast, Verizon, TWC, etc.) have rolled it out, then we would all still be on dial-up and it would cost a fortune. Just because the government has a lock on it, doesn't mean its not a monopoly...

Picture your two favorite places to do business.

Are either of them the DMV or the Post Office?

Mine neither.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, I love this sort of thing. Let's get started, shall we?
I don't think libertarianism == anarchy. We would still have courts to uphold the law of the land and our constitutional rights.
Agreed, but there are those extreme Libs who essentially call for the elimination of government and expect *everyone* to operate by the same rules and keep the same boundaries. Which reminds me, Aqualab's ad here on the Farm? They've spelled it "boundries" and it's driving me up the fucking wall.
Your rights stop where mine begin, I don't think that would change.
It should not only not change, but other parties/political paradigms should adhere to the idea as well, in my opinion.
While I disagree that privatization is folly, I do agree that certain things fall under the role of the various governments.
In my attempt to be brief, I left out a lot. Some areas can and perhaps should be privatized, others, not so much. We live in an interesting time, also, in that when these ideas were first bandied about we didn't have mega-corporations to contend with. I think most folks were thinking in terms of the types of businesses that America was founded upon--smaller businesses, some privately owned.
When I think of a privatized police force, I immediately think Blackwater. Yet, IF WE THE PEOPLE through our elected representation felt they were out of line, we could do something about it, unlike today where corruption is rampant and the 'thin blue line' is pretty damn thick.
Hmm... Well, Blackwater taught us that harsh lesson re: privatization of law enforcement. What I think we've lost with government-based LE are the checks and balances. In fact, I believe we've lost a lot of checks and balances.
I've lived in towns where the entire FD was made up of volunteers. Were there taxes at work? Sure, but that is a STATE and LOCAL issue, not a federal issue.
Same here, grew up with an all-volunteer FD and currently live in a county where we've only just created a new tax base so we can pay a fire chief and one or two full time firefighters.

That said, I am all for abolishing the IRS. I don't believe we need to levy taxes so heavily or in the manner we do. I know, not believe, KNOW that the IRS is an entity unto itself, subject to no laws of the land or the checks and balances put in place by our representatives, and that NO ONE is safe from them. No one.
I've worked for a company where they wanted to expand the buildings, add in chillers, new refrigeration units, etc. The local FD was not prepared to handle the ~potential~ emergencies, so the company paid for SCBA equipment, training, etc. Win / Win.

Dept of Education is a joke. Has been since the implementation. Our test scores have dropped nationally since they took over. Where do we rank in the world?
Heh, you, me and my husband could go on one hell of a tear about the DoE and the harm done during Jimmy's term when that was created. Remember, I'm in California and both my kids were 'educated' in this system, too.
Dept of Ag - Stop paying to NOT to produce! Stop manipulating the prices of REAL goods, milk, corn, soybeans, etc.
It's worse than that. Our government has created a situation where it pays for the large corporations that we are now too heavily reliant upon for work and goods to take their manufacturing bases overseas. This is a problem.
Part of the federal governments job is to provide national security and to regulate interstate trade, ie KEEP IT REGULAR. That means Virginia, you cannot withhold tobacco shipments to Alabama because they boosted the cost of peanuts being sent to you.

They have used the term 'regulate interstate trade' to include EVERYTHING now and use it to manipulate state politics ie speed limits, drinking ages, etc. by withholding federal monies.
That should also mean that our government protects more than a corporation's bottom line. The government, our government, is us, and should be on our side. But it's not. How'd that come to be? Lobbies.
What infrastructure needs the fed? Amtrak? Yeah, thats a winner...

CSX and BNSF seem to be doing just fine maintaining their tracks and switches. Taggart Trans anyone?

The Interstate Highway system? Ever driven cross country and hit a state line and notice a DISTINCT quality difference in the roads?
Yes, I have. But, like the song says, if you want to have cities you've got to build roads. That is and should be the role of the government. If we leave it only to occur on the local level, though, then you'll have people like myself living in areas with a primarily elderly population who can't afford to keep roads up, let alone build them in the first place. And so, we have a lot of private dirt and gravel roads up here, we have a lot of people who live off-grid and who are on their own when the storms roll through.

We happen to live on a private road that is not maintained by the government. Portions of it we've been able to afford to repair, but since we can't get all neighbors on board with creating a trust account that we'd pay into annually (or whatever, we need a road repair kitty is my point) then we can only hit the worst sections. What has ended up happening is that a few neighbors are paying for the road repairs and bearing the majority of the burden, while EVERYONE gets to enjoy the road. This is absolutely unfair, some people are gaining use and enjoyment of something vital that they're not chipping in for. Using taxes and government alleviates this problem.
I would much rather pay with an EZpass type system to a PRIVATE company that maintained the roads, removed speed limits, provided snow removal, fixed potholes, etc.
On one hand that seems it could be a workable solution. However, on the other hand it leaves us with the distinct possibility that only those localities that can afford to pay for these things having them. Then what? We are a whole nation, states united, ostensibly. See my post above about my neighborhood road. Worse yet, try driving the one section that seriously needs repair but won't be being repaired anytime soon.
I'm sorry, but if I was waiting for the government to provide broadband on the scale that private firms (Comcast, Verizon, TWC, etc.) have rolled it out, then we would all still be on dial-up and it would cost a fortune. Just because the government has a lock on it, doesn't mean its not a monopoly...
Ahhh... well, seeing as how my husband works for the local phone company, which is also the local ISP and cable provider, we can discuss this stuff. Remember, I'm in a rural area, and right now the federal government has granted our local CLEC (all rural CLECs/ISPs) monies to bring inet services to those areas that are underserved. Up here in the Sierra that means mostly pushing a WIFI infrastructure, which is what my husband has been building out. In fact, his WIFI network has now outpaced both cable modem and DSL installs for his company. My point is that the government has helped those big boys roll out the broadband, they didn't do it all on their own.
Picture your two favorite places to do business.

Are either of them the DMV or the Post Office?

Mine neither.
Oh my God! California DMV? :giggle

Our local post office has gone with subcontractors for deliveries. On a regular basis we do not receive important mail, and then might receive it with a note written on it (if the neighbor bothers, of course) "delivered to wrong address." It was better, MUCH better, when it was all-government employees.

And, all that said, another one of my least favorite businesses to do business with are motorcycle repair shops. WTF is up with these prima donna mechanics who think their shit doesn't stink and they hold the golden key to repairing your bike? Assholes, overcharging, high-fiving motherfuckers. Private businesses who don't want my business. And don't even get me started on the gym we visited yesterday!

Top Bottom