Rookie outdoor grow in hollister ca

• Thread starter cbrians
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbrians

cbrians

Sacrificed leaves, and other plants. Working in a succulent fountain, got some spaghetti squash, corn, cucumbers, romanesco, and some potatoes we grew on a whim.

IMG 9974
IMG 9971
IMG 9766
IMG 9765
IMG 9706
cbrians

cbrians

More random backyard photos. The squash I’m holding is from a whole spaghetti squash we planted and took ooooofff.

Tall skinny tree thing started this grow adventure, my wife at an apple and found a germinated apple seed. Planted it and it’s not dead yet ha

Some impulse lillie’s we got, used a bunch in our wedding. And in the work garden beds, with my sister in laws grapes in the backyard. Growing wine and weed, gonna be a hell of a time.

katraiter

katraiter

Had the kids smash open halloween pumpkins and these fuckers went wild too. Very out of season, wonder if they’ll make it. Suprised they could do much in the clay, nutrient rich but dense
I planted some one year for fun , when I lived in south Georgia with lots lots of clay they were Huge!! Givem plenty of water you'll have a good bit

cbrians

cbrians

Happy monday farm, thought I’d do a little update.

Ladies are doing pretty good, we’re at 69 days since they were first planted. 70 something since germination. Have two that are showing all kinds of signs of femininity, white hairs all over the place. Other four are taking their time. Had two males that I left unattended in my garage to die, I just ripped them out after two weeks or so cuz they were still green.

IMG 0516
IMG 0517
IMG 0518
IMG 0519
IMG 0520
IMG 0521
cbrians

cbrians

Getting ready to transplant from 7 gallons to 30 gallons which will be their final home. Took a whack at making my own soil. Was following a recipe, then I kept running out of shit and having to substitute. I dumped it all out on a tarp and mixed it so it’s at least consistent.

Ingredients:
Sifted clay soil from my back yard
70/30 coco/perlite
Compost manure combo
Rice hulls
Vermiculite

Above ingredients in a mostly equal parts mix

Then we had
Blood neal
Bone meal
Kelp meal
Worm castings

Also equal parts, put two cups of each in a bucket, mixed it, and put two handfuls in each pot.

Let’s see how this goes

IMG 0514
IMG 0515
IMG 0527
IMG 0528
IMG 0529
IMG 0530
IMG 0532
IMG 0531
IMG 0533
Galgrows

Galgrows

I had volunteer pumpkins last fall for the same reason. Man i hear west coast is gonna get some heat next week or maybe midweek now. I'm in So. Oregon there sayin same thing here. Keep your hoses ready. Good luck with the grows

cbrians

cbrians

I had volunteer pumpkins last fall for the same reason. Man i hear west coast is gonna get some heat next week or maybe midweek now. I'm in So. Oregon there sayin same thing here. Keep your hoses ready. Good luck with the grows
We broken our halloween pumpkins and they took off! curious to see if they make it to their actual harvest, poor things are confused

IMG 8415
cbrians

cbrians

Shoulda listened, my green house got up to like 140 yesterday 😭 everything is alive, they’re just gonna resent me for a few days

Latest posts

Top Bottom