room rh and temps once buds are in jars?

• Thread starter yodaddynukka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yodaddynukka

what should the room temp and rh be once my buds are dry and burping in jars? i know the room should be 70 deg/50 rh WHILE drying buds, but what about once they are in jars and being burped and cured? does it matter since the sealed jars will always have a higher rh than the room? thanks.

B

bonerface

I never worried about rh when in the jars. If the jar is a sealed mason, the rooms rh will have not affect the inside of the jar. Temps I would keep in the 70s and keep the jars in darkness. No light should be able to hit the cure jars unless burping, I burp 2-3 times a week for the first week and then slowly back it off to once a week. Minimum or one month in the jars. I do know that they sell specific humidity packets that sit on the inside of the jars lids but those are used after cure to keep the moisture in and prevent drying out to a crisp. Also, only fill your jars 3/4 full, don't pack them tight, you want to be able to move them around a bit when burping so everything gets fresh air. Not too full, not too low.

Latest posts

Top Bottom