My room temps are

High temp 64.7

Low temp 59.9

Is this too low of a temp?

Thanks

GG

dankworth

dankworth

Way too low. If you are not doing CO2, your optimal daytime temp should be around 75 degrees, maybe as much as 77. With CO2 you may want to run 78-82 depending.
Nighttime temps should be as much as 10 degrees cooler than daytime, but certainly no lower than 65.

I personally like to minimize the difference between daytime and nighttime temps, I have a suspicion that it generates more weight that way.

Do not run daytime temps under 75.
Make sure your humidity is not hella low either.

Green Giant

Green Giant

My day time temp is the 64.7*

My RH is around 55-57%

What can I do to raise temps, I don't want to use my house furnace, because I don't want the smell to back feed to the rest of the house.

No, Im not running CO2

GG

singlespeed

singlespeed

That's pretty cool and your plant growth might slow down because of it. My thoughts are… Watch you humidity too. I prefer 50%, anything over 60% can be problematic. Dehumidifiers will increase you temp a bit while running, but not really an adequate source of heat. What strains are you growing? How far along? How big is your room?

deep buddy

deep buddy

yeah man way to low my night temps dont go below 75 EVER! ideally you want 75 all the time. you need to get a heater and a good thermo and get your temps up.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Room size is 10 x 11

Strains =

Sour chems

OG Kush

Sour strawberry

They have been in veg for 3 + weeks fresh from cuts.

Whats the best method of heating the room?

GG

deep buddy

deep buddy

besides an enviro controller. just a milkhouse heater and a sentinel UTC1 for night temps is all i need for heat my day temps are fine round 78-82.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

How many lights? Are you running vented hoods?

Why not run your furnace a little? I could be mistaken but it should add some supplemental co2.

I realize you don't want to stink up your house but it seems like you will run into this problem anyway if you don't have some kind of odor control setup.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I use a CO2 generator to get my room temp up in flower. Of course then I need to use the A/C and dehumidifier because the sealed room would get too humid and warm without them.

In veg just run your heater man. Veging plants dont smell much anyway. And there are remedies for smell. You might have to pay a bit more for heating, but you'll find its worth it in the long run to do so.

Mogrow

Mogrow

im in a basement and with the 2 4ft t5's my temps stay around 73-80. Lights out temps go down to 59. Like deepbuddy says get a milkhouse heater, i did and finally got it hooked to a timer and should not fall below 70. I don't think you would have to worry about smell with the central heat, turn that sucker on in the room and see what happens. I know cold temps on little plants is no good. i'm looking at the results right in front of me.

Green Giant

Green Giant

How many lights? Are you running vented hoods?

Why not run your furnace a little? I could be mistaken but it should add some supplemental co2.

I realize you don't want to stink up your house but it seems like you will run into this problem anyway if you don't have some kind of odor control setup.

I'm running 1 four foot 8 bulb T5 fixtures, I will add another light (same one) when they get big enough that the one light will not cover them enough.

When I built my rooms, I covered up the heat runs that would normally drop into these areas of the basement. So to add house heat I would have to cut another hole into my rooms.

Thanks again guys for all the help.

GG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can guarantee you a few things. First, those temps are too cool, guaranteed. Second, the results you'll get from running such a cool room will absolutely suck, guaranteed. You're guaranteed to get the same crap growth as though the rooms were running too hot.

I've done WAAAAYYY too much cool room growing, so here are some tips.

One inexpensive way to heat is to make what I can an Electric Blanket Sandwich. The blanket itself is about $30 from Walmart, fold it carefully and slip it into a contractor's bag, place *that* under a very thin sheet of something like ply or corrugated plastic to prevent the wires in the blanket from being pinched, as well as helping to keep the pots upright.

Another way is to simply add more light. If you're going to blow a thousand watts, it may as well be giving you some LIGHT while it's at it.

Or, seed mats, purpose-made, but more expensive than the EBS.

Use open hoods instead of enclosed, and don't constantly ventilate, use a thermostat thingy to keep ventilation occurring only when the room's a bit too warm.

Also, let it get as warm as 80*F, the girls will like it.

Never heard of a milkhouse heater, curious about its efficacy vs, say, an oil-filled radiator.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Well, I put in a 1500 watt heater last night, got my room temps up to 70* but still not enough, one of the prior post made the comment about running a 1500 watt heater vs. a 1k light. I will hang a 1k MH over the girls tonight, and see if I can get my heat up with that alone. I would rather use the light instead of the heater, for obvious reasons...

As far as using house heat, I keep my heat at 68* all the time (in the winter) so I don't think that would do it either.

GG

Top Bottom