Root Aphid Annhiliation (pics)

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EYE1DER

Well back to culling plants and cleaning every part of the rdwc For the 3rd time..

I can't even make it past week 2 of veg how the hell will I ever make it to flower.

I'll try one more time

E

EYE1DER

Got another question is it normal to have this white gunk in the buckets after adding the biowar a few days? The water kinda smells like lake water but not like a bad smell. How often should I be changing out the water in my system?

20170426 115852
20170426 120210
LBI III

LBI III

So I have RA but have only seen babies first time ever in 12 years that I've ever seen these fucks. Haven't seen flyers just the little white ones. I took the plants outta the pots got rid of as much dirt with the hose as I could re did them all with new dirt and they've all survived. I cleaned the room with bleach and tore out the old reflective stuff I had in the bottom. I've been reading posts for two days and I've gone with the bayer tree and shrub yesterday at 1oz per 2 gal and I've been spraying and killing by hand as much as I can. I've ordered the foliar pack and plan on using it as soon as possible. Any other tips or criticism or anything is appreciated thanks

LBI III

LBI III

You say there white? Sure it's not spring tails?
They could be off white or maybe a little yellow in in the process of getting a microscope so I can really see them they don't seem to jump or anything

E

EYE1DER

This next round I'm covering all my net pots, and rubbing something sticky at the base of the stalk and around the net pot lid, releasing nematodes and keep using the biowar.
Shit man if that don't work I'm throwing this fucken current culture system in the dumpster

Hey lbi you need to use it at 2oz per gallon
Click link below and scroll down to the comment section

LBI III

LBI III

I got a video but it won't let me post it they are root aphids pretty damn sure I'll gladly send it to anyone

P

Pimples

I got regular aphids. Not root ra. There is a bunch of species. I let my 16 preflowers try and grab some free veg light outside about 5 or 6 weeks ago before bringing em in to flip. Actually it was a nice late summer day out so I decided to do a final 3 gallon pot transplant in my backyard from 5.5 inch veg pots. All 16. 4 different strains. And once I was done transplanting I left em out there for about 5 or 7 days to soak up some rays of free light before bringing em back in to get em going. Well...I flipped them under 4 of my six hundred watters about 2 weeks ago and noticed aphids all over the stems and petioles. Regular root aphids. I do remember seeing a thorny thistle weed back in spring covered in ants and aphids out back too but I forgot all about it when I got the bright idea of leaving a crop of preflower transplants in the backyard for a few days. Dumbass. Anyways. Iam using Azamax and Spinosad as a one two punch. Spraying the shit outta them every 4 days. And threw in a very light dose of Bayer fruit and citrus (mild imidacloprid) in my feed tanks/drip system. Backed off on the nutrient feeds as well. Between these 3 trifectas of doom.....these aphids are not standing a chance. There dying by the hundreds. I had them worse than I initially thought too. Caught it just in time.

Last edited:
reddwarf

reddwarf

whats up guys! I was away from my garden for a few days, and was lazy about sterilizing after the last flip, and got a nasty batch of root aphids.
View attachment 291332

I was using 1:5 diluted OGBiowar tea, and where that usually works as a preventative, these guys were just enjoying the free drink of molasses. So I hit them twice with full strength tea, four days apart, and this is the result:

View attachment 291333
View attachment 291334View attachment 291336View attachment 291337View attachment 291335
Did you say what the tea is made of?

reddwarf

reddwarf

whats up guys! I was away from my garden for a few days, and was lazy about sterilizing after the last flip, and got a nasty batch of root aphids.
View attachment 291332

I was using 1:5 diluted OGBiowar tea, and where that usually works as a preventative, these guys were just enjoying the free drink of molasses. So I hit them twice with full strength tea, four days apart, and this is the result:

View attachment 291333
View attachment 291334View attachment 291336View attachment 291337View attachment 291335
Those bastards.

B

Brianmicaela

Does the OG biowar foliar pack as a root drench kill beneficial nematodes,hypoaspis miles, or rove beetles?

Seraphine

Seraphine

This has to be one of the most satisfying post I’ve read thus far. Thanks for sharing and giving me something to add to my arsenal.

Nica

Nica

need help identifying these ,can’t see any crawlers in the root ball or top soil with a 30xmagnyfying glass only flyers

962455EA 1023 400B 84BF F30339B7BC4F
9514933B 8E72 44B6 A166 8B551CC8C2E4
BDAD6FE4 62D0 4CA5 BE0C 8255E7BA5B0F
Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Do they flit about aimlessly, or do they look like they know where they are headed?

Nica

Nica

Thanks !!They kind of look like they know where they are heading I assume , iam guessing most likely fungus gnats , if I had root aphids flyers shouldn’t I w be able to see them in the root ball ?

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Same with fungus gnats.
And it's the larvae that do the damage, yah?

Here's a tip, both kine hunt by scent.
Grab a couple dryer sheets from the laundry room, tear them half way through an use them to cover the soil surface. Like so.
On deck

I use Kirkland unscented. They do not affect the taste, or scent, of the buds.
They work two ways. The wax surfactants actively repel RA flyers and FGs. The sheets also act as a physical barrier to both egg laying, and flyers hatching.
Been using them for 12 years now.
Got 0 FGs or RAs, or Thrips, growing outdoors, in Hawaii.
Change them once per month to refresh the repellent.

By the way, they also repel German cockroaches. We used to pay an exterminator to just control those.
Now, I have none to control.

Just toss a couple dryer sheets under the sink and change them out monthly.
I know it sounds too good and cheap to be true. But it's easy to try and you will be very pleased.

Aloha,
Weeze

Latest posts

Top Bottom