root aphid poblem they are so resilient it is disgusing help help help

• Thread starter sliknuts89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sliknuts89

ok so i have root aphids they are resilient to azamax i been yig this is my third app no fuckin dent. please show me the ligh im in veg and am bout to try bayer but i need something to block them from runnnig up the pplant. this is the worst bug infstation i have eer dealt with there isno solution i have yet found orgaically. what works that is non organic. can i drench my plants with habnero juice or fuckn isoprphyl alcohol but ineed an effective drench and method of gettiing rid of these bastards pleeeease.

plase show me the light guys i am beat up and bloody over this the got me onthe ropes and im about to give up but i cant so please fellow farmers . ihave never needed anyonemoreinmy life hese are my heart and soul my babies please help help help help fuckn help

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

There's a few things u can use in veg That will knock them out , do a search for aphids.

I'm Sure u can use merit75 and met 52, I've never used this so wouldn't know the application rate... but I have used azamax as a soil drench and after 4 application was able to knock them out... u have to be dilegent
Apply every other day to control then give ur self a few days off and reapply... for the crawls u should get tangle foot and apply at the base of ur pots and main stem...

Its a harder battle but u have them in veg, its easier getting rid of them now before flower... worse case scenario u may have to take clones and scrap the rest of the infested plants and start over with a clean room... just my 2¢ hope it goes well for u...

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

If you want to kill them use Merit 75.

Do your research.

Everything else is band-aids.

M75, once and done.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
In veg only- Imidicloprid (Bayer tree and shrub 45% imidicloprid, Merit 75 75% imidicloprid, etc) will knock them out, as will Spectracide Triazicide if you want to go the chemical route (shorter battle). Imidicloprid is a systemic chemical and will continue working for 30-180 days. At the same time in my experience and several friends experiences with bayer, it also severely stunted growth for months when used at a higher application rate. I now reccomend only 1-3ml/ gallon of bayer tree and shrub, 2-3 treatments they should be gone. Spectracide is a contact pesticide "Once and done" (supposedly), i used both bayer and spec.
Stop using azamax, it doesnt work and kills all of your benneficials (if you are using them).

Organically (veg and flower), ACT's made with Capulators benneficials work amazingly, but i havent seen it KILL them, even though it does help keep population down and helps keep/ restore healthy roots. Steinernema Feltiae (predatory nematodes) also help control population and can assist in getting you through a flower cycle. Yellow sticky traps are a MUST to catch flyers to keep them from reinfesting plants.

Also pyrethium bombs will kill flyers (use in veg only) . Lastly, a good enzyme like Hygrozyme, will help clear dead and damaged roots and asdist in getting the plants back on track. I reccomend that if you decide to clone and restart, get all new pots, saucers, trays, domes, etc and bleach all other equipment. If you cant afford to do this, cleaning with super hot water and Physan20 can sterilize your pots and trays. Most of all, BE VIGILANT! I hope this helps. Best of luck. Motiv

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I called Bayer and they said it has a 60 day systemic window. Its target pathway is the central nervous system. If (microbes) what it contacts doesn't have a CNS it wont kill them. Good for bennies, bad for buggies.

The younger the plant the less damage from the M75.

If you have big plants with much much damage, the M75 will fuck the plant up.

1/2 tsp/Gal for me.

If you have healthy babies and hit them in small pots for a preventative, the Merit actually causes a big Nitrogen uptake...it will look like you gave them a shot of steroids for a day or two.
I have been curious if this big N uptake is what fucks up big plants....such a N uptake an a severly damaged mom....perhaps causing N burn?.....just thinkin out loud , here on this one.....

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I called Bayer and they said it has a 60 day systemic window. Its target pathway is the central nervous system. If (microbes) what it contacts doesn't have a CNS it wont kill them. Good for bennies, bad for buggies.

The younger the plant the less damage from the M75.

If you have big plants with much much damage, the M75 will fuck the plant up.

1/2 tsp/Gal for me.

If you have healthy babies and hit them in small pots for a preventative, the Merit actually causes a big Nitrogen uptake...it will look like you gave them a shot of steroids for a day or two.
I have been curious if this big N uptake is what fucks up big plants....such a N uptake an a severly damaged mom....perhaps causing N burn?.....just thinkin out loud , here on this one.....
Great info MH! Thats exactly my understanding/ experience as well. Bayer does make different imid products with short to long systemic windows, i opted for the shortest i could find. The different concentrations of imidicloprid i believe is what the time frames are based on. One other thing i forgot to mention, if usi.g bayer, the 2 in 1 is the better of the options vs 3 in 1 as the 3 in 1 also has food/fertilizer in it (this may be what caused the stunted growth for me and others, too much food for a hurting plant). All in all I have one thing to say, FUCK ROOT APHIDS! Man i hate them, lol. Be well all! Peace! Motiv

deacon1503

deacon1503

I noticed a stunt in growth when the Bayer tree and shrub was used in early mid-flower as well.

S

sliknuts89

so bayer tree and shrub i am short on cash and can get it at home depot sound right?

S

sliknuts89

ithink its called fruit, vegetables, and something else like that but it hasmerit in it

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Bayer tree and shrub is watered down and not as effective.

I have NEVER had Merit 75 stunt growth when applied properly. And I have used it alot.

Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

In veg only- Imidicloprid (Bayer tree and shrub 45% imidicloprid, Merit 75 75% imidicloprid, etc) will knock them out, as will Spectracide Triazicide if you want to go the chemical route (shorter battle). Imidicloprid is a systemic chemical and will continue working for 30-180 days. At the same time in my experience and several friends experiences with bayer, it also severely stunted growth for months when used at a higher application rate. I now reccomend only 1-3ml/ gallon of bayer tree and shrub, 2-3 treatments they should be gone. Spectracide is a contact pesticide "Once and done" (supposedly), i used both bayer and spec.
Stop using azamax, it doesnt work and kills all of your benneficials (if you are using them).

Organically (veg and flower), ACT's made with Capulators benneficials work amazingly, but i havent seen it KILL them, even though it does help keep population down and helps keep/ restore healthy roots. Steinernema Feltiae (predatory nematodes) also help control population and can assist in getting you through a flower cycle. Yellow sticky traps are a MUST to catch flyers to keep them from reinfesting plants.

Also pyrethium bombs will kill flyers (use in veg only) . Lastly, a good enzyme like Hygrozyme, will help clear dead and damaged roots and asdist in getting the plants back on track. I reccomend that if you decide to clone and restart, get all new pots, saucers, trays, domes, etc and bleach all other equipment. If you cant afford to do this, cleaning with super hot water and Physan20 can sterilize your pots and trays. Most of all, BE VIGILANT! I hope this helps. Best of luck. Motiv

Going have to stand with the 1st few things said in this post. Spectracide Triazicide & Bayer tree and shrub for Veg. For got the mix off hand but I used them ONCE over a 8mo battle. and BOOM! gone before I did a 2ed treatment! However SM90 and Azatrol for bloom stage was what recommendations I got from another post that use to be on thcfarmer by miss lone start or some name like that on here before the site got updated......

Other thing that helped but did not work like those that was listed, GoGnates, SNS203. Still rather go to homedepot and get the real stuff that will stop this on 1st go around!

S

swisscheese

To keep them from running up the stalk slik you put Tanglefoot around your stalk with a putty knife and your plant becomes a bug trap. It's stinky sticky stuff that doesn't come off skin or clothes readily either. Spectracide from home depot will knock them down for around $10 but you also need to let your plants dry out thoroughly a few times. Also spectracide I believe makes your ph drop a ton so I have used it with plain water and had to raise the ph back up with silica.

stop fucking around with shit like azamax and use something more serious. i used botanigard es during flower and beat it. of course the yield was reduced :/

if you can buy the solution in a grow shop, it probably won't work very well. spend the money and get the good stuff

in veg you have other options like merit, and a host of other real chemicals

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

I JUST DISCOVERED THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!

I thought these little flies were fungus gnats so I've been treating with Azamax for the last month.
Pulled everyone out of the bloom tent and noticed MORE gnats.
So I'm like WTF why Isn't this working?!?
Upon closer inspection it appears to be ROOT APHIDS and a MASSIVE COLONY.
I have about 60 5gallon smartpots full of Humbolt Mix (70% spagnum) that are most likely ALL infected. That's a LOT of solution I will need to stop this before it gets worse.

After reading this I'm on the hunt for Merit 75 for the first drench.

I am on a 2 week perpetual cycle in every stage. Up to 10 weeks. Meaning I have 4 sets Bloomers that need to be treated while I quarantine the last set.

I want these bastards dead I don't care if I have to go NUCLEAR organic meds mean nothing if you don't have any for the patients!!

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

if you use Merit in flower you are gonna be passing toxic shit to your folks man.....I know you dont wanna hear it....I am sorry to hear this bro, for real. I lost 12 bulbs to the fuckers a few years ago.

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

Ok so I checked up on this post at the store, thank you Mississip Hip for the concern, I said fuckit and am going to take a chance with an Organic product they had.

This is what I got for the majority.

I also picked up a bottle of Spectracide "Triazicide" insect killer "once and done" concentrate for "lawns and landscapes" just incase.

I'm thinking about taking nylon stockings and encasing the pots so that any maturing flies won't be able to leave and bomb the new pots coming in ect. I'm not going to treat any of the late bloomers. Maybe some Azamax spray on the top 2 inches of soil, but like you said I don't wanna pass any toxins to anyone. I sacrifice way too much yield to grow minimal organically to be ruining that label with toxic stuff.

Going to see what the Rev has to say about this...

Top Bottom