Root Aphids...cut Ties Or...

• Thread starter Mtnjam92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mtnjam92

Hey everyone, sk just noticing some root aphids after I turned my lights off for bloom 3 days ago. Is fighting them through all of flower logical? Should I just cut ties and clean the room and get some new clones in there? Thanks for any advice!

Fiasco79

Fiasco79

If you flipped 3 days ago I suggest you put them back in veg and sort the problem out. Caps bennies - OG Bio War is the product you want to use as it definitely works for root aphids. Once you get rid of the pests flip them to flower. I wouldn't flower them out knowing I have a pest problem, especially in the root zone as you'll be chasing your tail and reap a very poor harvest.

Last edited:
M

Mtnjam92

If you flipped 3 days ago I suggest you put them back in veg and sort the problem out. Caps bennies - OG Bio War is the product you want to use as it definitely works for root aphids. Once you get rid of the pests flip them to flower. I wouldn't flower them out knowing I have a pest problem, especially in the root zone as you'll be chasing your tail and reap a very poor harvest.

Thanks for the reply! So my only dilemma Is they are pretty big and if I let them go much longer they are going to outgrow my space. Should I just throw a couple t5's in there until its sorted out?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Thanks for the reply! So my only dilemma Is they are pretty big and if I let them go much longer they are going to outgrow my space. Should I just throw a couple t5's in there until its sorted out?

Can you put up some pics of the creatures you see? Do you see any damage on plants?

M

Mtnjam92

Can you put up some pics of the creatures you see? Do you see any damage on plants?

Yeah I will go snag some pictures in a little bit, I was wondering if they were maybe baby fungus gnats. In northern california right below oregon, seen tons and tons of root aphids this year, everyone seemed to just be dealing with then but could not get rid of them. I honestly get the feeling it's in most of the new soils and pro mixes from any stores. Pretty bummed.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Are you sure they are root aphids? Most healthy soil has many types of soil mites.
Soil mites small

Homesteader

Homesteader

I am not sure no, I have a usb microscope, when the lights come on in an hour I will go and capture the little bastards and post a picture.

Ir can be hard to tell but if they move quickly and are not clustered around the root ball they probably aren't root aphids. i hope for your sake they aren't. Here is a few photos to help but if they are infested around the roots and feeding, that sucks

3Z7RSHGRSHERRH8RDLPRVLKZAL8RTL2RRHXZSHSZ6LSZZH7ZRHMZCLGRSH7R0HERCLERLH6RQH6RVL.jpg

root-aphids-1.jpg

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
They look anything like this? Yellowish green in color?
0484BC72 1579 48B9 AAE9 5161A4945BF9

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Dunno

Are you?

Root aphids? Ring a bell. Root? Like Root pack?
The aphids that you see in my pick are a green aphid if you would have paid attention to my prior question to the author here. They are flyers they do not burogh into the soil google if you want more info. The females give birth on the leaves and produce extremely quickly. Smart guy! I’ve already lost 2 plants to these fuckers.

Fiasco79

Fiasco79

The aphids that you see in my pick are a green aphid if you would have paid attention to my prior question to the author here. They are flyers they do not burogh into the soil google if you want more info. The females give birth on the leaves and produce extremely quickly. Smart guy! I’ve already lost 2 plants to these fuckers.

Adult root apids are fliers too if you didn't know that. That's how they move from root ball to root ball.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ever heard of IPM smart guy?

Adult root apids are fliers too if you didn't know that. That's how they move from root ball to root ball.
Ok, bro you need to mellow out with your attitude. I can see your deleted posts. And yes, I no that because I have had root aphids in the past. You seem very confrontational and that’s not a good thing for you and The Farm. Understand?

Latest posts

Top Bottom