Root Aphids

• Thread starter buddahslave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddahslave

buddahslave

I just found out I have root aphids and i wish to eradicate them asap. Please suggest best way to kill them all! Thanks

Cort

Cort

What medium?
What stage of growth?
How bad is the outbreak?
what have you done so far?
etc...

bonkia

bonkia

Pages and pages of forums on this... Some people say you cant... I think i got rid of mine with merit 75 i treat in veg. Havent seen the little bastards for 3 runs. Some say met 52 works good. Im sorry you have to experince the little shits. I used seven as a contact killer the little bastards run up the sides of the pots and stock... Use tangle foot to get em. Hours and hours of threads with tons of info and frustration.

Cort

Cort

^ good advice there. I might add, take fresh cuts of everything you want to keep. Toss everything but those cuts, scrub and bleach everything. Then do it again.

Treat all your outdoor plants (not just mmj) with the same killers. Check or chuck any bags of potting soil you have laying around. Get a good filter for your intake.

Cap's bennies will help. Cap also posted the idea that a quick soak in 130 degree water will off the buggers with little to no damage to your plants, if done correctly. Check around for his thread on this.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/search/252859/?q=root aphids&o=date

this will get you started.

Im just a noob, take my word for what its worth :D

bonkia

bonkia

130 degee thing is new to me.. ill have to try it on some cuttings. Boil the little shits alive its a faster death then they deserve.

Cort

Cort

Id find and read Cap's thread on it first. I just kinda got the general idea as I have never had to deal with RA. Im just regurgitating other's info.

deep buddy

deep buddy

130 deg works. caps bennies foliar packs works well.
when i first got them i tried alot of different stuff. i ened up using spectracide(thanks seamaiden!) and bayer tree and shrub. they work, but are kinda nasty, but they work.
of course you treat in early veg. period.

KILL EM ALL

persiankid

persiankid

if you're still in veg and you have a bad outbreak of those lil fuckers then I would recommend Bayer Tree & Shrub... I've had them once when I was vegging in rockwool and the Bayer wiped them out in one application... don't use it in flower.. only early veg.. like someone above said too make sure and take cuts of the things you want to keep and then scrub the shit out of your room to make sure they're gone.. good luck dude!

bonkia

bonkia

As soon as i run out of the otherstuff i got im gonna grab some of caps goodies hearIng lots of good things.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I'm in soil, sea of green, so it is extremely difficult to just shut down. I noticed them a while back and didn't think nothing of them until my plants started to look deficient. I thought i had a nitrogen issue but it only seemed to affect my kush plants, but now my afghani is looking sick. My roots look like shit even though I use a good mycorrhizae. I was thinking of using nemotoids or bayers systemic. what do yall think?

bonkia

bonkia

They out produce the nemotoids.. Bayers Is a watered down version of merit. Hit them hard and fast or they will build a resistence. If your 2-4 weeks in bloom id just cut them... Im sorry to say it diminished my yeilds 80% Serinade or seven amamax will keep them at bay but will not kill them. I treat everything in veg with merit every run even though i think im clean. Ordered some ortho 90 or something like that... To hit them from another direction also read something about bonide from ace hardware. Dont play with these everyday they are raping you! Then add back benies.. Like caps here on the farm to recover the damages.

bonkia

bonkia

Azamax from what what i understand will carry you 2 harvest. As i said just hours and hours on aphids.. Some closed the threads as such...

"There is no treatment they cannon be killed sell everything and find another place to grow... " Lol

bonkia

bonkia

Orthene 97 wp is another people say work. Im gonna use it after i use the merit. If anything is left it will be gloweing and ill hunt it down in the dark pic it up with tweezers and burn him with my bic!! Lol

buddahslave

buddahslave

I just ordered caps foliar pack and I got raped on the shipping. Hope it was worth it! Tried to order Met 52 from Rogue Farmer but giraffe pussy was cheaper. I am going to ace hardware to see about Bonide Systemic and Greenlight tree and shrub. I have some Azamax, I will add it to my rez. Thanks.

bonkia

bonkia

Haha merit 75 is like $35-$50 depending on where you get it.. Girraffe P is now on my bucket list... Thanks for that... Haha

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
merit 75 from idomyownpestcontrol.once and done. Follow up with my packs to keep them away a week later and use as a preventative.

My shipping is free if you get all three packs. One 8oz pack and shipping is 40 bucks, still much cheaper than GW and many other diluted brands even with shipping included. Actually, matching the foliar pack would be impossible, and coming kind of close would cost you at least 100 bucks.. I wouldn't necessarily call it rape, but it is a much better deal if you pick up more than one 8oz pack for the time being.

Neem oil wont do shit.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Sorry cap new to farm, didn't even know cap was a person. Learn something everyday. Felt a little sour paying $15 dollars to get a package from bh ca, to perris ca, but now I see your point. Hope there's no hard feelings! With that said I do believe I have more than just one bug problem I think im being over run due to the hot summer. I have an explosion of white flies, to go along with my aphids. I really have to buckle down on these critters. I only got worried when I had spider mites, but onetime shut that down so I got a fresh start with no mites. Im on it, thanks everyone!

bonkia

bonkia

Yellow sticky traps help get the flyers.. You got your work cut out for yah

Latest posts

Top Bottom