Root Aphids

• Thread starter buddahslave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sorry cap new to farm, didn't even know cap was a person. Learn something everyday. Felt a little sour paying $15 dollars to get a package from bh ca, to perris ca, but now I see your point. Hope there's no hard feelings! With that said I do believe I have more than just one bug problem I think im being over run due to the hot summer. I have an explosion of white flies, to go along with my aphids. I really have to buckle down on these critters. I only got worried when I had spider mites, but onetime shut that down so I got a fresh start with no mites. Im on it, thanks everyone!

Don't worry about it. I understand. Get yourself some merit75 for the girls in veg. A full dose of the foliar pack in flower will slow them down bigtime and at least allow you to yield something.

Cort

Cort

Maybe spraying something like alcohol on the tops of your soil will help kill off the flyers that are crawling. Helped on my habineros outside when I had fungus gnats.

Isnt DE spread around the top of the pot supposed to cut them up? Least that wont kill off Cap's gear.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I ordered the merit75 from ebay for 40 bucks, it seems to be the same as bonide just a much stronger dose, so im hoping this dose it. Do I just spray this stuff or do I add to soil or both?

bonkia

bonkia

Soil 1 tsb per 5 gallons is what is use. Which is a strong dose. I think its 1 tsp per 10 gals..

buddahslave

buddahslave

Merit75 has not arrived yet but I bought Bonide tree and shrub from a nursery for about 17 bucks and it killed all bugs super fast. So my veg room is in recovery mode all I can do is wait for color to return dark green. Still waiting on caps foliar pack should be here today, can't wait to test it out if it's as good as stated then I will try all three. Thanks everyone for the help I learned allot from this forum!!!!

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ive been batleing them, Ive used merit, cap benis, and azatrol to fight them, If you back off they pop back up. Ive keept them in check enough that they have never been a problem, But i was sick of finding them late in flower and in veg sometimes. I took cuts, and gutted my veg room. Took every pot, tray, leaf, soil, everything out threw it away cleaned and started over, New moms. Plus im using cap beni's and ill hit them with merit when they get going good. They are really hard to totally get rid of, ive thought i did and they show up weeks months later and i check my soil all the time. hopefully this time there gone.

bobby

bobby

If you want to get rid of them without question....use Bayer Tree and Shrub..found at home depot for really cheap..but that stuff is bad. Only use it in veg.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Bayer makes merit75 I looked it up merit75 is just a stronger dose. I don't have any answers, when I had spid er mites I was unsuccessful at killing them off and I sprayed them with everything nothing ever worked. I hope I can destroy them. For right now the bonide is working.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I used the merit75 and it killed all root aphids and all white flies. Thanks to all who helped!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Cap,neem oil works fine for me,keep it dry in your grow area,and sticky fly traps work too!
Sound like mealy bugs.
Also sounds like your a sales man,Cap.
How GOOD?
Let the people talk.

I'll let the people talk. Neem and its better counterpart Azadirachtin don't do shit for root aphids. If it cures your problem then you most likely didnt have root aphids. It will knock them down but then they come back withthe force. They swim in the stuff. I have put them in a 50/50 mix with water and Azatrol and they didn't die . BTW that's about 50 times the recommended dosage. Before you come back yes I know the mode of action on how it kills ect and I love azatrol for gnats and mites but these are a different beast all together.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Cap,neem oil works fine for me,keep it dry in your grow area,and sticky fly traps work too!
Sound like mealy bugs.
How GOOD?
Let the people talk.

man use the search button...

people BEEN talking.

whur U been?

Cap's shit rocks.

BTW, neem didnt kill a RA. I promise. chris is correct. They are hard to kill. Neem in any of its many forms is just a slowdown for them at best.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sound like mealy bugs.
How GOOD?
Let the people talk.

Sales man, really? I'm a far cry from one of those. Funny that you confuse mealy bugs and root aphids. My feeling is you have never had, or even seen a root aphid.

And if you act now I'll throw in free shipping on all three of my amazing packs!!!

soserthc1

soserthc1

I just ordered caps foliar pack and I got raped on the shipping. Hope it was worth it! Tried to order Met 52 from Rogue Farmer but giraffe pussy was cheaper. I am going to ace hardware to see about Bonide Systemic and Greenlight tree and shrub. I have some Azamax, I will add it to my rez. Thanks.
you need to order cap's bennies from him bro, very reasonable for all three packs and they can be eliminated as long as your not to far gone, and i was under the impression that once you eliminate all plant life for a few weeks and scrubbed they would no longer survive but i never eliminated my bags of perlite and the bastards got in there. So eliminate all your dirt supplies also, sucks throwing away 30$ bags of dirt but sucks worse eliminating the plants, so better safe than sorry... i went cap's bennies and bayer tree and scrub and they are gone now - but i was still in dixie cups.....good luck.... peace soser

soserthc1

soserthc1

sorry cap guess i should of read all the post before i noticed you all ready answered any way your bennie's works fine bro... i'll be ordering more soon bro......respect soser

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Another farmer here has brought some cool shit to my attention. There is a beneficial nematode:

http://www.arbico-organics.com/product/NemaSeek-Beneficial-Nematodes/beneficial-insects-organisms

that when combined with beauvaria bassiana is supposedly a great organic death combo for RA's. Well, the foliar pack has plenty of beavaria, and apparently the nematodes will actively seek any RA in the rootzone to eat them.

The foliar pack is 100% compatible with beneficial nematodes as well.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I will testify Caps Bennies are the best thing since apple pie and further more if you don't have Caps Bennies you are not maximizing your grow potential!!! Go to Ebay and type in for the farm only and you will see your pockets grow. I buddahslave approve this message.;)

persiankid

persiankid

Root Aphids are the worst.. these are pics or some Royal Purple Kush's.. never had RA's before... one day came home to find these lil fuckers overnight!! No soil in my house when this happened.. i swear they came from the Rockwool cubes... anyways i got lucky and was still in veg with no rush to push them through so I went to home de-pot and got some Bayer Tree and Shrub and nuked em!! Ordered up some of caps bennies and kept up on weekly teas.. will post pics of those same plants in flower they are about to come down and look great!

IMG 1427
IMG 1428
IMG 1430
IMG 1431
IMG 1432
IMG 1433
K

kushsmoker30

Root Aphids are the worst.. these are pics or some Royal Purple Kush's.. never had RA's before... one day came home to find these lil fuckers overnight!! No soil in my house when this happened.. i swear they came from the Rockwool cubes... anyways i got lucky and was still in veg with no rush to push them through so I went to home de-pot and got some Bayer Tree and Shrub and nuked em!! Ordered up some of caps bennies and kept up on weekly teas.. will post pics of those same plants in flower they are about to come down and look great!

fuck i would of tossed em, that many has got to b stressful on the babies. def post them pics of the girls, would like to c wat came from them babies.

Top Bottom