Root Pack Now 99% Talc?

• Thread starter whatthe215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whatthe215

whatthe215

I got a few new packs, and the foliar and nute are still both 70% talc but now the foliar says 99% talc?

Is this a mistake or is rootpack really now 1/30th the strength?

sixstring

sixstring

I got a few new packs, and the foliar and nute are still both 70% talc but now the foliar says 99% talc?

Sorry but from the title of this thread and that post I'm really confused on which one your actually talking about?

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

I bet its the same, probably had to change the label due to regulations

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Still 70% but Oregon said there was no way even though I backed it up. Had to make a choice between having an oregon only label or just using the oregon label for everything. Sorry for the confusion!

whatthe215

whatthe215

Still 70% but Oregon said there was no way even though I backed it up. Had to make a choice between having an oregon only label or just using the oregon label for everything. Sorry for the confusion!

cool. thanks for the explanation, i know the regulatory agencies can be a pain. weird how they work.

J

Jalisco Kid

Does the packaging show how much of the strains are in the package,as long as that is the same you would not have to worry. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

You could not list them as part of the carrier? Something to stabilize the talc. JK

burn4me

burn4me

So they are trying to put a foot on your throat? Just to get more cash out of it? Ijc

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

nope.

known biopesticides have to be registered. This will take 5 years lab testing and about 100k in legal fees.
it's an organism, couldn't you get around this by not claiming any benefits; kinda like how homeopathic "medicines" can be sold as long as no claims as to it's efficiency are made? or is it an actual extract as oppose to a species? if you can't list a species b/c it's an pro-biotic organism that's the most ludacris baby back bullshit i have ever heard. keep on keepin on man..........still think you should ditch the talc....i'm aware it comes like that.....but it would be awesome to find a company that uses natural carriers and keeps the same diversity of organisms

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
it's an organism, couldn't you get around this by not claiming any benefits; kinda like how homeopathic "medicines" can be sold as long as no claims as to it's efficiency are made? or is it an actual extract as oppose to a species? if you can't list a species b/c it's an pro-biotic organism that's the most ludacris baby back bullshit i have ever heard. keep on keepin on man..........still think you should ditch the talc....i'm aware it comes like that.....but it would be awesome to find a company that uses natural carriers and keeps the same diversity of organisms

Well, when you are on the level of pesticides and government regulation, you are playing with the big boys and the big boys make their own rules. I ain't trying to be the low hanging fruit so better to comply.

I can list bacillus as a soil builder, but I can't list beauvaria as such unless I can provide scientific evidence that shows this. Otherwise, it is a known biopesticide and has to be registered. Registering is a very long process, and with multiple species unbelievably difficult and near impossible. This is why you see all the registered products with just one active ingredient (met52=metarhizium, botaniguard= beauvaria, actinovate=streptomyces, nofly= paecilomyces etc). Trust me I tried to find all the loopholes and the states which we are registered in weren't having it. Especially Cali and Oregon.

Monsanto = EPA/FDA right? Same employees and everything. The EPA considers you a small business if you make 60 million a year or less, if that puts anything in to perspective.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Well, when you are on the level of pesticides and government regulation, you are playing with the big boys and the big boys make their own rules. I ain't trying to be the low hanging fruit so better to comply.

I can list bacillus as a soil builder, but I can't list beauvaria as such unless I can provide scientific evidence that shows this. Otherwise, it is a known biopesticide and has to be registered. Registering is a very long process, and with multiple species unbelievably difficult and near impossible. This is why you see all the registered products with just one active ingredient (met52=metarhizium, botaniguard= beauvaria, actinovate=streptomyces, nofly= paecilomyces etc). Trust me I tried to find all the loopholes and the states which we are registered in weren't having it. Especially Cali and Oregon.

Monsanto = EPA/FDA right? Same employees and everything. The EPA considers you a small business if you make 60 million a year or less, if that puts anything in to perspective.
how do the registered products get away with only listing 1 active ingredient...is there some kind of safe check in place that would screen their products? or is that the homeopathic gardners best friend? thnks for the info btw. much appreciated!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
how do the registered products get away with only listing 1 active ingredient...is there some kind of safe check in place that would screen their products? or is that the homeopathic gardners best friend? thnks for the info btw. much appreciated!

They only list one active because there is only one active. It is less costly to develop/register this way.

For example, registering a product with one active ingredient, say bacillus QST 713 (serenade) will run a company 60-100k and approx 5 years testing, but registering a product with the Bacillus AND Beavaria (botaniguard) and you are now looking at an extremely expensive and long process because of the multiple ingredients. Once a product is registered, you can piggyback on it but only if you source the species from the original company that registered it (unless it is not patented like just regular BTi)..

It's all retarded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom