Root Rot Or Overfert????

• Thread starter alexanderAB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alexanderAB

alexanderAB

Hey guys ,
I am at 4 week of flowering , i have one of my plant that starting to show yellow leaves, and the worst , they start to fall one by one especially the lower ones, and the disease seems to spread on the newer leaves , i need help .

Here is what the leaves look like :

Root rot or overfert

Root rot or overfert 2

Root rot or overfert 3

They become yellow crispy with random brown spots .

I use Biobizz nutes , bloom and grow .

Thanks!

Last edited:
alexanderAB

alexanderAB

Hey GT21 ,

It's almost everywhere basically on the older fan leaves, and it start to spread on fewer of the upper leaves that are directly attached to the buds.

Also the buds seems underdeveloped compare to her sister that is right next to her , i gave them the same amount of watering and nutes , but only this one is affected the other one is fine no issues.

Everyday i can see a progression of this , leaves start to show brown spots , become yellow crisps , and then fall just by touching them.

I can post more pics if you need it.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey GT21 ,

It's almost everywhere basically on the older fan leaves, and it start to spread on fewer of the upper leaves that are directly attached to the buds.

Also the buds seems underdeveloped compare to her sister that is right next to her , i gave them the same amount of watering and nutes , but only this one is affected the other one is fine no issues.

Everyday i can see a progression of this , leaves start to show brown spots , become yellow crisps , and then fall just by touching them.

I can post more pics if you need it.
Then it probably needed more pk in fruiting...given they are at proper ph

trickle

trickle

water man... maybe lack of nitro or cal too but looks like they are just drying out too much... or stay too wet?. Are they often dry or often wet? Looks dry to me. Did you add enough cal to that coco?
I recently had a client present the same issue around week 4 flowering, she was only bottom watering so I switched her to half top watering and half bottom watering, and more regularly, and she pulled over 6z off 2 auto's ...

alexanderAB

alexanderAB

First i will give you more info about soil , light schedule and so ,
The strain is critical chesse from dina , the medium is a classic bio soil / terraneous ( mix of Sphagnum, green compost , vegetable matters) that contain nitrogen 280g/m3 ; and phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5) 180g/m3 with a PH of 6.4, conductivity of 45 mS/m , i use HPS green power 400w , light schedule is 12/12 since four weeks now ,
temps are 86F during light and 64F during night , RH is low somewhere in the 40 to 50 % range , i give them bottled water with a basic PH of 7 , but i use PH down from general hydro to lower the PH at 6.5 and then add some nutes and feed them directly.

For the feeding schedule i use bio bloom(2.5mL/L) and a litte of bio grow ( 1mL/L ) every 4 days since the beginning of the flowering period, and between just bottled water with PH down .So basically i feed them every 4 days and watering them every 2 days.

@trickle you right they are often dry , but when i see this i have a bad tendency with overwatering them when they are dry.

@GT21 Yeah purple stripe all along the main stalk , the branches , and some of the leaf petiole are plain purple.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
The strain is critical chesse from dina , the medium is a classic bio soil / terraneous ( mix of Sphagnum, green compost , vegetable matters) that contain nitrogen 280g/m3 ; and phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5) 180g/m3 with a PH of 6.4, conductivity of 45 mS/m , i use HPS green power 400w , light schedule is 12/12 since four weeks now ,
temps are 86F during light and 64F during night , RH is low somewhere in the 40 to 50 % range , i give them bottled water with a basic PH of 7 , but i use PH down from general hydro to lower the PH at 6.5 and then add some nutes and feed them directly.

For the feeding schedule i use bio bloom(2.5mL/L) and a litte of bio grow ( 1mL/L ) every 4 days since the beginning of the flowering period, and between just bottled water with PH down .So basically i feed them every 4 days and watering them every 2 days.

@trickle you right they are often dry , but when i see this i have a bad tendency with overwatering them when they are dry.

@GT21 Yeah purple stripe all along the main stalk , the branches , and some of the leaf petiole are plain purple.

You can give it all the nutes you want... At the wrong ph its not going to use them.

Capture 2018 04 23 17 47 19
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

you said but i use PH down from general hydro to lower the PH at 6.5 and then add some nutes and feed them directly.

I would recommend adding your nutes 1st. Then adjust your Ph after mixing your nutes in.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
to be fair alexander the reason is you can ph your water all you want but once you add nutes your ph will be skewed..... always adjust after all additives are in.

alexanderAB

alexanderAB

@GrowGod Yeah it's hot right now because temps outside where i live are hot too.

@GT21 you think this is a problem with my PH ? How about the purple colour stripes you asked me earlier ?

Someone already tested the PH of the biobloom with an electronic tester ? it is acid or basic ? and for the biogrow ?
I use chemical tester with a green liquid , but only before adding nutes , i do not test after adding nutes , cause with the chemical tester and the brown colour of biobizz nutes it can mess up the final colour result of the test.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@GrowGod Yeah it's hot right now because temps outside where i live are hot too.

@GT21 you think this is a problem with my PH ? How about the purple colour stripes you asked me earlier ?

Someone already tested the PH of the biobloom with an electronic tester ? it is acid or basic ? and for the biogrow ?
I use chemical tester with a green liquid , but only before adding nutes , i do not test after adding nutes , cause with the chemical tester and the brown colour of biobizz nutes it can mess up the final colour result of the test.
I understand your dilemma, buy you a ph pen they are better/easier to use than chemical testers and this will allow you to adjust your "final" nutes before feeding. So based on your operation I would suspect you are having some Ph related issues.....

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

Well get the heat under control, it’s only may lol. Buy an air conditioner or your really going to crash in July.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Check the chart... Look at the p

alexanderAB

alexanderAB

@jumpincactus I will try the PH pen hope this is affordable in terms of price because some really good electronic tester can be expansive sometimes.But i have to try this this is the only way to know if my PH fluctuate badly because of the nutes.

@GrowGod Usually i stop between july and october because temps are uncontrollable between this period as i do not have an air conditionner (That thing drink electricity like whiskey ) , so yeah that's good for the cold temperatures , but not for the electricity bill.
I will try to add a bigger fan soon and increase lamp distance .

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Are your roots on the surface or can you aerate? I like keeping the top of my soil loose, but i’m outdoors. Guess is she’s drowning/choking, root ball is wetmatted.

trickle

trickle

@alexanderAB - yeah, if you're going from too dry to too wet all the time, there ya go. Everyone else has good input too but IMO it's Mostly a matter of moisture...

alexanderAB

alexanderAB

@Madbud what do you mean by " Are your roots on the surface or can you aerate " ? i have two fans one is blowing the lamp directly , and the other blowing fresh air from the bottom to the top of the plant.

@trickle Yeah that's right , a week ago the soil was so dry that water was draining before being absorbed, i had to wait several minute, and repeat the process. So for the moment you suggest lowering my watering ? how much do i have to let the soil dry before watering?

Top Bottom